Buddy Hield

But back to Buddy. Folks the great thing about Buddy is that he hasn't made any big strides offensively. I'm serious. he's been shooting nearly the exact same %'s since he stepped on the court in a Kings uni. All that's changed is his minutes slightly increased, and his usage slightly increased. Where he's really improved is all the little things: fewer turnovers, better defense, better passing, etc. Sure, he's developed a few more ways to score but again nothing dramatic has changed about his stats at all...

43% from 3.
48% from 2pt

Turnovers down though.
Rebounds up.
Assists up.
Blocks up.

Fox and Buddy should both be all stars. Buddy should be in the 3pt contest.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 1.58.00 PM.png

His last year of draft eligibility would've been in 2014..
\
I'm sorry the point of my post went over your head but my post is about the real story here, not the individual involved. There's a bigger picture story here thats an elephant in the room. There's flaws in the system, Buddy played it like a fiddle, he's a big winner from these loopholes, it benefited him spectacularly there's no reason to carry on about it

I'm not gonna de-rail my own post here so i can regurgitate whats already been said.

There's actually people in this thread who think Buddy had nothing to do with this LOL. Naievety levels are off the charts here, it's called plausible deniability, usually plausible deniability is a good front for a lie, and thats whats happened here....

there was millions of dollars at stake, it wasn't some clerical error....

Last edited:
\
I'm sorry the point of my post went over your head but my post is about the real story here, not the individual involved. There's a bigger picture story here thats an elephant in the room. There's flaws in the system, Buddy played it like a fiddle, he's a big winner from these loopholes, it benefited him spectacularly there's no reason to carry on about it

I'm not gonna de-rail my own post here so i can regurgitate whats already been said.

There's actually people in this thread who think Buddy had nothing to do with this LOL. Naievety levels are off the charts here, it's called plausible deniability, usually plausible deniability is a good front for a lie, and thats whats happened here....

Like I said more assumptions from you. Post the rules point out the loop holes.

\

Thanks for setting us straight. Again. WTF would we do here without your guidance?

Thanks for setting us straight. Again. WTF would we do here without your guidance?
I know I'd be lost. Probably forget my username and password. I'd be typing things like the Kings should have kept the 10th pick last year and drafted Luke Kenard. I'd be making threads demanding more playing time for Ben McLemore.

Fortunately Ozy showed up and kept this ship afloat.....

\

Link or gtfo thx

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Like I said more assumptions from you. Post the rules point out the loop holes.
Since nobody is biting:

As a teenager from the Bahamas, Buddy Hield was initially subject to draft rules for "international" players, which would have made him automatically draft eligible for the 2014 draft, as he turned 22 during the calendar year of 2014. However, in 2012, when he was 19 years old and not yet automatically draft eligible as an "international" player, Buddy Hield enrolled at Oklahoma. By enrolling at Oklahoma, which is a U.S. university, his status changed from "international" to...well, there's not really a term for it so for lack of a better word "domestic". As a domestic player who is enrolled in college, he was not automatically draft eligible until either he dropped out of college (he didn't) or he used up his four years of NCAA eligibility. Thus there is nothing whatsoever shady about Buddy Hield's draft eligibility in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eligibility_for_the_NBA_draft

Since nobody is biting:

As a teenager from the Bahamas, Buddy Hield was initially subject to draft rules for "international" players, which would have made him automatically draft eligible for the 2014 draft, as he turned 22 during the calendar year of 2014. However, in 2012, when he was 19 years old and not yet automatically draft eligible as an "international" player, Buddy Hield enrolled at Oklahoma. By enrolling at Oklahoma, which is a U.S. university, his status changed from "international" to...well, there's not really a term for it so for lack of a better word "domestic". As a domestic player who is enrolled in college, he was not automatically draft eligible until either he dropped out of college (he didn't) or he used up his four years of NCAA eligibility. Thus there is nothing whatsoever shady about Buddy Hield's draft eligibility in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eligibility_for_the_NBA_draft
Still makes no sense. That's referring to automatic eligibility where you don't even have to declare for the draft. He could have declared for the 2011 draft (he turned 19 in 2011). Buddy lost millions by not entering the draft sooner.

Still makes no sense. That's referring to automatic eligibility where you don't even have to declare for the draft. He could have declared for the 2011 draft (he turned 19 in 2011). Buddy lost millions by not entering the draft sooner.
Well, his draft stock really didn't skyrocket until his senior year at OU. If he had left after his sophomore year, he may have gone undrafted or late 2nd round. That last year at OU put him in the lottery.

Well, his draft stock really didn't skyrocket until his senior year at OU. If he had left after his sophomore year, he may have gone undrafted or late 2nd round. That last year at OU put him in the lottery.
Right, but he got locked into the rookie contract. If he's the same player today he would have been a free agent sooner.

Right, but he got locked into the rookie contract. If he's the same player today he would have been a free agent sooner.
Yes, but he may not have had the opportunity if he would had went undrafted or as a 2nd round pick coming out his sophomore or junior year.

With the extra polish he had in his senior year, he showed he belonged in the NBA and got guaranteed lottery money.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Unless I got it wrong, Ozy was claiming that Buddy fudged his age to AVOID being automatically eligible for the draft (or, alternately, to make himself appear eligible for the draft when in fact he would have already have "gone undrafted" and would therefore be a free agent). Clearly neither of these options were true, as Buddy transitioned from international to U.S. rules by going to Oklahoma.

Unless I got it wrong, Ozy was claiming that Buddy fudged his age to AVOID being automatically eligible for the draft (or, alternately, to make himself appear eligible for the draft when in fact he would have already have "gone undrafted" and would therefore be a free agent). Clearly neither of these options were true, as Buddy transitioned from international to U.S. rules by going to Oklahoma.
Which is opposite of most players who dont want the rookie contract a la bogdan and want to get drafted as soon as possible.

uhm you have to think NBA teams were aware of this lol. no way they weren't unless you're the Milwaukee Bucks. They had access to his medicals and his entire files.

It's why I found it strange last year when Grant said Buddy turned 25yearsold. I'm pretty sure I made a comment here on KF about it in the game thread. I thought Grant made a gaff.

Anyways, I think Ozy has a good point about players playing around with their age and eligibility. People keep saying "Marvin should've been in HS last year!" uhm no he shouldn't have been. He came out the correct year.

uhm you have to think NBA teams were aware of this lol. no way they weren't unless you're the Milwaukee Bucks. They had access to his medicals and his entire files.

It's why I found it strange last year when Grant said Buddy turned 25yearsold. I'm pretty sure I made a comment here on KF about it in the game thread. I thought Grant made a gaff.

Anyways, I think Ozy has a good point about players playing around with their age and eligibility. People keep saying "Marvin should've been in HS last year!" uhm no he shouldn't have been. He came out the correct year.
Thank you.. this is his correct year to come out. Yes, he could have stayed for another year because he didn't play a year, but not that the year didn't pass. I cringe a little every time I hear that, with out the qualifier said.

Thank you.. this is his correct year to come out. Yes, he could have stayed for another year because he didn't play a year, but not that the year didn't pass. I cringe a little every time I hear that, with out the qualifier said.
Despite his age, he only attended high school for 3 years. Then did summer school after his Junior year and graduated early. The reports that he reclassified is correct and confirms he moved up a year.

The question is more about his age when he did graduate. Which could be any number of reasons. But since there is no reporting on this, it doesn't seem to be something crazy.