Buddy Hield

You get the feeling he'll get a 40 point game one night real soon....
He needs a signature game to be considered one of the best SGs in the game. He is very consistent you can put 17+ on the board to start any game where he is in. But he needs to really get some big games going, I believe he is capable of it. Let's go Buddy!

Agreed on the ball handling but it's one of the things I see improving at such a pace as that I cannot tell how much it will improve. He's clearly been working on it however, so that's good. There will be a limit.
What I see is:
1.) in the half court he is good, if not great going to the basket.
2.) in transition he is scary, I don't have confidence in him running the break, but I love he is aggressive.
3.) He should NEVER take the ball out of bounds... NEVER
4.) He should NEVER bring the ball down the court in a late game situation.

He has done well to get to where he is, but like you said there are limits, but he has also been known to blow by his limitations. I hope that is the case in his ball handling.

Buddy and fox are going to be very formidable. Both work incrediably hard on the defensive end and both are still learning. We have two hard noses kids who can absolutely light it up and play d like bloodhounds.

There isn't a more complete backcourt that will be able to compete with them once consistency hits and experience settles in

Buddy and fox are going to be very formidable. Both work incrediably hard on the defensive end and both are still learning. We have two hard noses kids who can absolutely light it up and play d like bloodhounds.

There isn't a more complete backcourt that will be able to compete with them once consistency hits and experience settles in
We essentially traded Cousins for the best backcourt duo of their generation. Second only to Curry and Klay.... RIGHT NOW. This sounds absolutely nuts but in two years we will have the upper hand in terms of talent.

I'm just going to leave this here...
View attachment 8588
That's crazy. I have to wonder if they can sustain that shooting percentage with an even higher volume of threes.

Because if they can do that along with improving from the FT line and being more consistent defensively and on the glass (all of which should come with time) then this Kings team is poised for some long term success.

It would be so nice for the biggest issue for the Kings to be keeping this talented young core together.

Buddy is a great shooter and will only get better as he gains experience in the NBA.
We know that he played threw his senior year but it paid off for him getting drafted as high as he did.

Every body talks about their great or hope to be great international player but we have the best one this season in Buddy Hield right here in Sacramento and he’s going to be money down the line.

Of all the players in the league taking 15 FGA's or more Buddy ranks dead last in FTA's(1.9). D'Angelo Russell(2.0) is very close to him and then Klay is the 3rd worst on the list at 2.5

Don't mean to drop a negative post but they jsut lost a close one to the Warriors and he had 21 FGA's and 0 FTA's so I figured I'd look it up, and lo and behold he's last.

Would sure help the Kings team % if he could draw a few more fouls..

Of all the players in the league taking 15 FGA's or more Buddy ranks dead last in FTA's(1.9). D'Angelo Russell(2.0) is very close to him and then Klay is the 3rd worst on the list at 2.5
Don't mean to drop a negative post but they jsut lost a close one to the Warriors and he had 21 FGA's and 0 FTA's so I figured I'd look it up, and lo and behold he's last.
No doubt. The way that Buddy is progressing, I'm sure he will improve on that. Without looking at any stats, I'm pretty sure that Buddy is driving to the basket more this year. He's just not getting the calls when contact is made, which is really an issue for the whole team at this point. But that will come, both for Buddy and his teammates. Will Buddy ever learn to draw fouls at the 3-pt line? That remains to be seen., But, personally, I think players that do that deserve a hard bump in the solar plexus.

Actually, there is a lot to look at in his stats that describe how well he is playing relative to how he's being played. Part of him not getting to the line is usage.They run him off screens mostly and look to him as a catch and shoot player. He's assisted on near 50% of his 2 points shots and nearly 90% of his 3's. That tells you he's a terrific function of the offense as a whole and probably needs more shots per game. He's not a great foul drawer but he makes up for it with his efficiency in the paint this year. He's at a nice solid 56% in the painted area so that helps as well. Someone like Russell not getting to the line at that clip is striking considering only near 10% of his 2's are assisted and when you factor in that he's a lead play maker for his team. Also, you have to relate it to todays NBA climate. Teams would rather have players put up high percentage looks than get to the line. It's just what it is.

No doubt. The way that Buddy is progressing, I'm sure he will improve on that. Without looking at any stats, I'm pretty sure that Buddy is driving to the basket more this year. He's just not getting the calls when contact is made, which is really an issue for the whole team at this point. But that will come, both for Buddy and his teammates. Will Buddy ever learn to draw fouls at the 3-pt line? That remains to be seen., But, personally, I think players that do that deserve a hard bump in the solar plexus.

Yeah, he's getting screwed on some calls but that's kind of what you get being the type of player he is. Which isn't a bad thing. I'd rather see Buddy being this teams Peja instead of trying to be Kevin Martin because they don't have a need for that. Hopefully he'll get more calls but lately teams aren't so enamored with players that pound it inside like they used to and the Kings already have a potentially great one right next to Buddy that Buddy compliments PERFECTLY.

This isn’t a negative post

What I see is:
1.) in the half court he is good, if not great going to the basket.
2.) in transition he is scary, I don't have confidence in him running the break, but I love he is aggressive.
3.) He should NEVER take the ball out of bounds... NEVER
4.) He should NEVER bring the ball down the court in a late game situation.

He has done well to get to where he is, but like you said there are limits, but he has also been known to blow by his limitations. I hope that is the case in his ball handling.
I think Buddy is one of the best players we have going to the basket. He is a slasher and a great finisher. We runs back doors and works without the ball. Too many rules. I disagree. Fox played a great game but made more bad passes than Buddy last night.

old quotes from CBS re Buddys work ethic

"I can't describe to people the number of hours he puts in the gym," Henson said. "His freshman year, we found out on the afternoon on game days he wasn't even leaving the court. Most guys go eat pre-game, then run back to the dorm or go back to their apartments. He wasn't even doing that. He was just shooting all afternoon. Then was there every morning early, just working, working, working. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of natural ability, but he's just an absolute gym rat in every sense of the word."

"I tried to tell the Oklahoma coaches that you've never seen anything like this, but even his freshman year in college I remember them telling me to call him and tell him to rest his legs and rest and quit shooting and quit working out so much," Lindsted said. "I was just like, well, I can try, but I have my hands full. You literally have to lock the balls up. You just physically have to lock them up to keep him out."

Buddies ball handling has been improving continuously...I've noticed last few games more succesaful drives to the rim where he is able to finish at the front of the rim instead of only the layup window. This added ability if it continues to grow will be HUGE