Buddy Hield

Compared to Buddy, Thompson is a punk that can shoot.
Hield has the big motor and out works other players. He is reving his motor on defense in a noticeable way. He is averaging a ridiculous 6 rebs a game. He is very dependable and brings it every night. You cannot shake his confidence. If he misses 5 shots, he plans to make 5 of the next 6 shots.

Compared to Buddy, Thompson is a punk that can shoot.
Hield has the big motor and out works other players. He is reving his motor on defense in a noticeable way. He is averaging a ridiculous 6 rebs a game. He is very dependable and brings it every night. You cannot shake his confidence. If he misses 5 shots, he plans to make 5 of the next 6 shots.
Wait what, Klay is an elite player with good defense we’ll be lucky if Buddy becomes as good as he is.

Wait what, Klay is an elite player with good defense we’ll be lucky if Buddy becomes as good as he is.
I think we're just scratching the surface of what Buddy can be. I don't see his improvement stopping and he's already shooting LIGHTS OUT. He's a complete player with an elite shot. Some of you still can't get over the Cousins trade and hold it against Buddy a little. Buddy is on the verge of being, RIGHT NOW, a top 5 shooting guard. You can say he's on a streak or whatever, but by the numbers, Fox is an all star, and Buddy is a near top 5 SG. Buddy could very well be BETTER than Klay when it all plays out.

I think we're just scratching the surface of what Buddy can be. I don't see his improvement stopping and he's already shooting LIGHTS OUT. He's a complete player with an elite shot. Some of you still can't get over the Cousins trade and hold it against Buddy a little. Buddy is on the verge of being, RIGHT NOW, a top 5 shooting guard. You can say he's on a streak or whatever, but by the numbers, Fox is an all star, and Buddy is a near top 5 SG. Buddy could very well be BETTER than Klay when it all plays out.
Almost all of what you said is either true or could be on the verge of coming true. However he is not a complete player simply because for a SG his ball handling skills are below average. We see it time and time again, his dribbling isn't what it should be for an all-star type two guard. Nobody trusts Buddy with the ball in his hands late in games because he's apt to having it stolen.

If he truly wants to take the next step and become an elite all-star type player then his ball handling skills must improve. Improved ball handling skills will also help him get even more open shots and more importantly allow him to become a better creator for others.

By the way Klay Thompson's ball handling skills are also a little sub-par for his position and it's what would keep him from ever being a number one option.

Almost all of what you said is either true or could be on the verge of coming true. However he is not a complete player simply because for a SG his ball handling skills are below average. We see it time and time again, his dribbling isn't what it should be for an all-star type two guard. Nobody trusts Buddy with the ball in his hands late in games because he's apt to having it stolen.

If he truly wants to take the next step and become an elite all-star type player then his ball handling skills must improve. Improved ball handling skills will also help him get even more open shots and more importantly allow him to become a better creator for others.

By the way Klay Thompson's ball handling skills are also a little sub-par for his position and it's what would keep him from ever being a number one option.
Agreed on the ball handling but it's one of the things I see improving at such a pace as that I cannot tell how much it will improve. He's clearly been working on it however, so that's good. There will be a limit.

Im not sure that everyone is grasping how well Buddy is playing and how good he is. Only curry has a quicker release than Hield. Hield has been playing aggressively; he looks for his shot everytime he gets the ball which is exactly what he should be doing. Everytime he lets the ball go I think its going in. Lastly, Buddy looks like the most muscular player on the team. Ive seen him move a few opposing bigmen out of the way on drives to the basket.

I like Buddy more each time I see him play.
He is really working on defense. He is handling better. He passes the ball. He gets 6 boards.
I feel like this board doesn't give enough love to Buddy. You can tell he's one of the hardest workers on the team if not the hardest. He knows he has areas for improvement and every off season he seems to tackle that area. Some say he will never be as good as Klay but he already does one thing better than Klay can ever do and that's shoot off the dribble.

Buddy is awesome. He's already one the game's top shooters. He's improving everyday, in various ways, and is becoming a really good all-around player. If he can continue to cut back on the brain fart turnovers and still be a willing passer, he may just become one of our 3-4 perennial all-stars.
How's that for some Buddy love?

Last edited: