Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

In principle, we could do a S&T with Atlanta. Basically, Atlanta has two choices. 1) Make an offer sheet outright, and hope that the Kings won't match. 2) Come to an agreement with Bogi, but don't actually sign an offer sheet. Tell the Kings you intend to sign an offer sheet, and ask if the Kings would be interested in doing a S&T instead.

The reason #2 happens is because teams with RFAs who don't necessarily want to keep their players (this is a perfect example, with Hield in place to take up some of Bogi's playing time) will sometimes still match an offer, with the intention of trading the player down the line for *something* rather than getting nothing at all.

But if Atlanta takes route #1, and we match the offer sheet, then for a year we can't trade him to Atlanta at all, or to anywhere else without his permission. Just the rules.
the other incentive for ATL (theoretically) is that they might be able to save a little $$ on the contract, since if they have the deal in place they don’t have to overpay some crazy amount to make it hard for the Kings to match. Not sure how much that’s worth to the Hawks in terms of assets, but it’s out there

At this point, I really hope the KINGS match whatever lame contract ATL puts together just to spite all parties involved.

Cause I have very LITTLE doubt that ATL was the whiny POS that complained to the league about the apparent deal w/ MIL.

Match the contract then keep Bogdanovic around until sufficient time has passed where they can trade him under CBA rules.

Eff ATL. Eff Bogi. Eff the NBA and their investigation.

I wonder if the proposed contract could be a 1-yr deal?? So that if the KINGS do match, he’d be UFA after one season?

At this point, I really hope the KINGS match whatever lame contract ATL puts together just to spite all parties involved.

Cause I have very LITTLE doubt that ATL was the whiny POS that complained to the league about the apparent deal w/ MIL.

Match the contract then keep Bogdanovic around until sufficient time has passed where they can trade him under CBA rules.

I wonder if the proposed contract could be a 1-yr deal?? So that if the KINGS do match, he’d be UFA after one season?
Agreed. I’d rather be petty right now and i wouldn’t feel bad about it

We can move this Diva later

I like the fire :). Yeah someone ****ed us here. It may have been a bit of incompetence but that was the only thing at play.

It can't be lost that this is the agent that pulled the Bjelica situation and the Morris/Bertans situation. Bogi and his agent aren't clean on this, but for some reason despite all the goodwill Buddy lost and grousing that was done (for good reason) all I'm hearing are crickets over this.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It can't be lost that this is the agent that pulled the Bjelica situation and the Morris/Bertans situation. Bogi and his agent aren't clean on this, but for some reason despite all the goodwill Buddy lost and grousing that was done (for good reason) all I'm hearing are crickets.
Probably because lots of Buddy’s points of contention lineup with Kings fans’.

Vlade needs to stop dragging his feet on this contract! Check
Last year’s offense was better! Check
Buddy should be starting! Check
Eff Luke Walton! Check

honestly I think the comish was gonna initiate the investigation whether anyone complained or not. The only people we should be pissed at are whoever leaked from the bucks and leaked that Giannis was recruiting Bogi. So obvious by then they were gonna do something no matter whag

honestly I think the comish was gonna initiate the investigation whether anyone complained or not. The only people we should be pissed at are whoever leaked from the bucks and leaked that Giannis was recruiting Bogi. So obvious by then they were gonna do something no matter whag
Maybe so.

But above anything else, I’m not together with allowing a valuable asset go for nothing when there’s something that can be done to prevent it. MATCH THE CONTRACT.

If Bogdanovic is really coveted this highly, the KINGS can sit on the asset and buy more time to work out a deal — if he still doesn’t fit in here OR if he just doesn’t want to be here anymore.

But who cares? He’s a restricted FA and the KINGS owe it to themselves and their fans to look after their own interests before they prioritize his interests.

It sounds as if they TRIED to appease all parties by trading him to a location he wanted to go while getting assets in return. Well, that time is over now. They simply shouldn’t allow ATL or any team to obtain him for free.

according to the Athletic "serious pressure was being applied to all parties" by the NBA in regards to the original deal (non-deal) so I doubt those 3 parties are involved again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hill's more palatable than Bledsoe. Since Ersan is off the table it's gotta be someone else in order to salvage the trade.
I think he actually fits this roster more now that he did three years ago. Maybe not as good defensively as CoJo at this point but capable on offense while Corey struggles to get the ball across the half court line

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think he actually fits this roster more now that he did three years ago. Maybe not as good defensively as CoJo at this point but capable on offense while Corey struggles to get the ball across the half court line
is he still on the 20million dollar deal from Vlade? Imagine both our backup PGs making north of 10 mil/season from our esteemed former GM.