Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

Not to defend Bogi in any way, I was asking for him to be traded the past 2 seasons. But Buddy is not an elite shooter :) Elite shooters don't go on a shooting slump so frequently and don't choke as often as Buddy does. On top of that, I have an issue with players who are constantly unhappy and bitching about stuff (e.g. Buddy in the contract renewal phase, Buddy requesting a trade recently, Buddy being unhappy coming off the bench, etc.).

If there's a way to do it, I'd trade both of them together for a legitimate All-Star player on SG or SF. We need an All-Star player to start to matter in this league. Period.
Yeah they do, especially when misused. Buddy was at the TOP of the NBA levels the years prior as a shooter. He broke records. Won the 3 point shootout. We used to hear the same things about your namesake too.

Last edited:
I saw the news about Jeffries, but has there been any report that the team actually extended Bogdan a qualifying offer yet? The deadline is today, I think.

If a team wants him now, they might not want him later and if they want him now the Kings will know it because any team can approach Sac about a sign and trade. 17 million, you let him walk and save the headache.
17M for a player of Bogi’s caliber is not a bad price. You sign him and sort out trades later.

17M for a player of Bogi’s caliber is not a bad price. You sign him and sort out trades later.
Did you watch Vlades run? Go look at my impressions of the George Hill and cap blowing signings last summer back when they went down. This would be a move along those lines. You don't sign unhappy players to that kind of money on long term deals and sort it out later. Especially when you are in the midst of an era of a declining cap. This could be Jason Thompson all over again. Another player I was begging Petrie to let go. He didn't and Vlade had to obliterate part of his future just to get rid of him. Bogdan is a good player and in the right situation will probably live up to that kind of deal. Not here though. Not now. And that's all that matters.

Did you watch Vlades run? Go look at my impressions of the George Hill and cap blowing signings last summer back when they went down. This would be a move along those lines. You don't sign unhappy players to that kind of money on long term deals and sort it out later. Especially when you are in the midst of an era of a declining cap. This could be Jason Thompson all over again. Another player I was begging Petrie to let go. He didn't and Vlade had to obliterate part of his future just to get rid of him. Bogdan is a good player and in the right situation will probably live up to that kind of deal. Not here though. Not now. And that's all that matters.
We disagree. In my mind you don’t let assets like that walk for nothing unless the dollars are way out of wack. 17M and down you match. 18M and up you don’t.

We disagree. In my mind you don’t let assets like that walk for nothing unless the dollars are way out of wack. 17M and down you match. 18M and up you don’t.
I would agree if it were simply a numbers game. Had they not just drafted Haliburon, already have Buddy on a contract in that range, and both Buddy and Bogdan weren't unhappy it might make sense. You can't eliminate situation from the equation. The damage is done here. It sucks. It's stupid. I've brought it up before Bogdan and Buddy actually like eachother. This never should have been an either/or but it was. Time to pick one and repair it. Buddy is the one that fits with the new backcourt, is already locked in, and needs to have his value inflated. Easy path unless Buddy is refusing to report or something.

The Kings also have been talking to other teams about sign and trades and have been asking for a young player and a pick. It sounds like the Kings were set to receive that from the Bucks until the Bucks sent all their picks to New Orleans.
Could this mean we are still entertaining a S&T with another team that is willing to part with a young + pick? Or does the fact that we extended an offer sheet means that the only thing left is to match the offer or not?

I would agree if it were simply a numbers game. Had they not just drafted Haliburon, already have Buddy on a contract in that range, and both Buddy and Bogdan weren't unhappy it might make sense. You can't eliminate situation from the equation. The damage is done here. It sucks. It's stupid. I've brought it up before Bogdan and Buddy actually like eachother. This never should have been an either/or but it was. Time to pick one and repair it. Buddy is the one that fits with the new backcourt, is already locked in, and needs to have his value inflated. Easy path unless Buddy is refusing to report or something.
you don’t know if the trade option is Buddy or Bogi at this point.

At this point, it's much easier to keep Buddy. Best case scenario, he gets back in form. Then now your option becomes trading him to Playoffs teams in high value or keeping him as your starting 2.

At this point, it's much easier to keep Buddy. Best case scenario, he gets back in form. Then now your option becomes trading him to Playoffs teams in high value or keeping him as your starting 2.
I think there is less urgency with Buddy, possibly to rehab his trade value, and because he probably would be most valuable to a team needing a push. Either way, one needs to be moved before the start of the season.

At this point I feel like matching Bogi unless you have a S/T Option involving a first rounder or goid young talent, is the way to go. Logically, no team is going to offer Bogi 20M in the age of Coronavirus when their stadiums are empty and thr cap barely budged between the seasons. If the price is 15-17M I think you have to match. Then you try and trade Buddy for pieces that move the needle or bring a good return on draft picks. I would try Boston and see if you can pry away Jaylen Brown using a package around buddy. A Fox/Bogi/Brown/Barnes/Bagley starting 5 is balanced and smart with elite range at 3/5 positions opening up the floor for fox and Bagley.

At this point I feel like matching Bogi unless you have a S/T Option involving a first rounder or goid young talent, is the way to go. Logically, no team is going to offer Bogi 20M in the age of Coronavirus when their stadiums are empty and thr cap barely budged between the seasons. If the price is 15-17M I think you have to match. Then you try and trade Buddy for pieces that move the needle or bring a good return on draft picks. I would try Boston and see if you can pry away Jaylen Brown using a package around buddy. A Fox/Bogi/Brown/Barnes/Bagley starting 5 is balanced and smart with elite range at 3/5 positions opening up the floor for fox and Bagley.
They would want Fox (i'd never give them fox) if they had to give up Jalen Brown. He for sure isn't going anywhere

Here's an issue with moving players in that salary range, particularly during the season, or after you have signed up most of your guys. There are few, if any roster spots. Unless you get some star back (possible, if some guy becomes unhappy and wants a trade, but they typically won't want to come to us), the best you can hope for is comparable salary. If you trade for pieces, you might need to waive some folks to create roster space (since, if I understand correctly, you need to have spots for all incoming players, even if you don't plan to keep them). The way our roster has been constructed the last few years, most of our guys are possible contributors (even if they didn't always get to play). You don't want to waive such players, and bleed talent, unless you are getting some real value back.

There is a chance that you can take on bad salary and pick some assets in the process, or construct multiple trades, but I think they are more easily done now.

That said, I'll concede that I haven't done any research on this. Just basing it on some thoughts I have had in the past seasons.

Bucks really dont have salary to send in any S&T for Bogie, and they wont send Brook or Middleton out
they needed Ersan just to get DDV, DJ,Ersan for a 15-16 mil trade
they are gone from any Bogie deal