Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

Bucks now $17.6M below the tax, so they can still overpay, and since they reek of desperation to keep Giannis, I would not put it past them.
it would seem that he’s looking for a starring role that the Bucks can no longer off him. He might still go but I suspect he’s going to be offered more money more minutes and a bigger spotlight somewhere else

Atlanta - Huerter or Hunter, and a 2nd rd , They have cap for S & T, But can always make a big offer sheet
We dont have leverage, so would be nice to get something
Huerter would make some sense for them to unload if they wanted to secure Bogi. Wouldn't be much playing time for him and he's up for an extension the same year Trae is and the year after Collins gets his money.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
sting for us? Can you explain?
Sure. I like Donte DiVincenzo and was happy getting him in return for Bogi. Without the Ilyasova contract to match salaries with, it's hard to see how the two teams can work out a sign and trade now. Milwaukee will have to get creative if they're going to find room to sign him and most likely that's not going to involve a deal anything like what we thought we had in place. Bogi can still choose his team and get paid but our chances of getting a decent return on our investment in him have gone down now.

we have the right to match. At 17M I expect we do match and trade him later.
A signed Bogi is probably worth a fist round pick and maybe a developing player but im worried keeping him and buddy until the deadline coupled with potential improvements from Fox and Bagley will hurt our ‘21 draft status. I think that draft is our best shot at getting a second star.

At this point the best solution from our perspective is probably to trade Buddy and keep Bogi. He may be pissed but I think at this point it’s pretty obvious the Bucks screwed this up while the Kings were giving Bogi time to work out a good deal.

Staying here with Buddy gone might give him the bigger role he’s looking for, and probably the understanding that we’d move him down the line, hopefully to a playoff team looking to add someone to get over the top.

End of day it’s probably going to come down to money

Imagine testing the market where 4 teams have cap space LOL

Even worse, 1 team can't afford you and the other isn't going to spend on you with Ball, Graham and Rozier in the fold. So really, 2 teams that logically might bid on you.
Atlanta could probably get Gallo and Rondo and still have enough cap space for Buddy or Bogi S& T

Huerter and 1st for Buddy
Huerter and 2nd for Bogi

One can make the argument that Vlade’s lame duck last season as GM in which he (a) neglected to pick up Harry’s option thus eliminating one asset from our tool chest, (b) hired his BFF as head coach without interviewing anyone else, (c) somehow managed to pee off BOTH of his shooting guards, (d) remained so convinced in the young super team that he traded only some of our vet role players for different vets, no long term assets, and Jabari Parker was almost as damaging to the Kings long term as him passing on Luka.
Tangential to what you said here, after reading, watching and learning more and more about Tyrese Haliburton’s game, I found myself wondering how he’d look playing alongside #77 here in SAC.

Yes, I realize the KINGS likely wouldn’t be drafting 12th if they had taken #77 like they should have — but still.

Yes, Amick wasn’t sure about Windhorst suggesting that the deal still would get done. He seemed to think there are hard feelings now between the Bucks and Bogi’s camp, and the Kings are more or less caught in the middle through no fault of their own.
Well, well, well. Somebody warned about jumping to conclusions and comparing this new front office to past regimes.

If this is indeed true, just goes to solidify that point even more.

Very small, limited sample size — but this new GM seems to know what the hell he’s doing.

In my mind I knew there was little to no chance Bogdanovic’s camp wasn’t involved in this S/T scenario from the get go.

Well, well, well. Somebody warned about jumping to conclusions and comparing this new front office to past regimes.

If this is indeed true, just goes to solidify that point even more.

Very small, limited sample size — but this new GM seems to know what the hell he’s doing.

In my mind I knew there was little to no chance Bogdanovic’s camp wasn’t involved in this S/T scenario from the get go.
Of course they were and legitimately any claim of tampering here is ridiculous. The only legitimate "tampering" claim would be if Sacramento wanted to keep him at full market value. He's OUR player under contract and we were working to facilitate a move that benefits all. Atlanta has no special right to make a bid.

Imagine testing the market where 4 teams have cap space LOL

Even worse, 1 team can't afford you and the other isn't going to spend on you with Ball, Graham and Rozier in the fold. So really, 2 teams that logically might bid on you.
Either the Hawks or Knicks will likely sign Gordon Hayward which would almost certainly remove one of them from the Bogi sweepstakes.

If a sign-and-trade deal doesn't materialize it could be a situation where Bogi only gets a below-market-value offer sheet that the Kings would match just to hold on to a trade able asset.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Either the Hawks or Knicks will likely sign Gordon Hayward which would almost certainly remove one of them from the Bogi sweepstakes.

If a sign-and-trade deal doesn't materialize it could be a situation where Bogi only gets a below-market-value offer sheet that the Kings would match just to hold on to a trade able asset.

Great. We get a sad Bogi for half the season.

Now that Boston is losing Hayward, how about Bogi to Beantown?
Boston can make up for his defensive deficiencies with wings like Tatum, M. Smart, and Brown, and could use a shooter (especially now).

The Warriors were reportedly high on Bazemore (returning), so this removes one of his suitors as well.

Such an interesting turn of events.

After the draft - I feel much better about the front office managing this well.

Someone could screw everything up by offering Bogi a poison pill contract. Not much one can do about that.