Brandon Ingram

SAC Gets: Brandon Ingram & Luol Deng
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield & Cauley-Stein
Why for SAC? The Kings consolidate some of their youth to get their hands on a blue chip prospect that fits well around the rest of the core. This trade stills leaves the Kings with $46 mil in cap space to spend in the 2019 offseason while having at least a very good prospect at each position.

PG - Fox / Mason / Vet Min PG
SG - Bogdanovic / Temple / Shumpert
SF - Doncic / Jackson / #36
PF - Ingram / Labissiere / Deng
C - Giles / Koufos / Randolph

---------------------------------------------------------------

LAL Gets: Buddy Hield & Cauley-Stein
LAL Gives: Brandon Ingram & Luol Deng
Why for LAL? This trade allows them to sign LeBron & George to the max while also still having $9 mil in cap space to spare (if they do not submit qualifying offers to Randle, Wear, & A. Ingram). Also, they receive a couple of young guys on cheap deals that can help add depth to a team trying to make a run with LeBron & George leading the way. Not to mention, Hield's shooting would complement those two very well while Cauley-Stein could be there athletic C that switches on the perimeter, gets easy buckets in transition, and is a great lob threat (essentially a cheaper, better shooting, weaker motor version of Tristan Thompson). With that additional $9 mil in cap space, it adds flexibility if the Lakers were wanting to try and package a combo of Ball, Hield, Hart, Kuzma, Cauley-Stein, and/or #25 for another star to play alongside those two (Leonard?).

PG - Ball / Ennis
SG - Hield / Hart
SF - George
PF - LeBron / Kuzma
C - Cauley-Stein / Zubac / Bryant

---------------------------------------------------------------

Offensively, it would be ideal if Fox & Giles developed their 3pt shots. I'm confident in Fox but it's hard to say anything with confidence about Giles right now. However, Bogdanovic, Doncic, & Ingram are all good shooters from three right now. Like I mentioned before, you would have good to great passing at each position with everyone being able to put the ball on the floor if need be (looks like Giles has some handles in videos I've seen). Giles should also give us a great lob threat.

Defensively, Fox, Ingram, & Giles are projected to be good to great defenders. Bogdanovic is probably average at worst and Doncic is a little bit of an unknown at this point. Giles is supposed to be a great rebounder & Doncic is a very strong rebounder for his position. Giles will hopefully bring some rim protection there too. I think our ability to switch would be very good with the size, length, and athleticism across that unit.

There's a lot to like about that core, but most importantly, I think these are all team first guys who will play unselfishly and play for each other.

Let's put it this way - I can't imagine them dealing Ingram essentially to open up caproom.
If they are hellbent on LeBron and PG13 being Lakers next year they might do it. It depends whether they will take the patient approach and build with their youth and perhaps one expensive addition via free agency, or if they'll go all in on two flashy signings.

If they are hellbent on LeBron and PG13 being Lakers next year they might do it. It depends whether they will take the patient approach and build with their youth and perhaps one expensive addition via free agency, or if they'll go all in on two flashy signings.
I think they'd definitely package Deng and two firsts (2019 & 2021) before they'd use Ingram as the sweetener to dump Deng's contract.

Besides, right now they can open up almost $62 million in caproom just by renouncing all their free agents. A sign and trade for Josh Hart would get them the money to max out LeBron and another player.

Consider me crazy, but I’m not buying in to Brandon Ingram. I’m not saying he’s not a good player with potential to become better. I’m just not intrigued and would rather have Buddy Hield and WCS to go along with Fox, Bogan and the #2.

Ingram is still 20 years old, he’s 3 months older than Fox. If the Lakers trade for a star Ingram will be the prized piece. I’ll take him for Buddy and WCS, unfortunately the Lakers don’t do it.

Consider me crazy, but I’m not buying in to Brandon Ingram. I’m not saying he’s not a good player with potential to become better. I’m just not intrigued and would rather have Buddy Hield and WCS to go along with Fox, Bogan and the #2.
Just curious, what's your reasoning in not buying into him?

Just curious, what's your reasoning in not buying into him?
Just don’t believe he’s a good enough talent to warrant trading both Buddy and WCS. I also think he’s too slight of frame and it’s unlikely he’ll ever be able to fill out. Sure, KD has the same physique, but he’s no KD.

I’m not even sure I’d trade Buddy straight up for him. Admittedly, the fact that Ingram played for Duke and plays for that LA team has a little something to do with it as well.

He is a pretty good player, though, no doubt.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think Buddy is the better player right now, Ingram just has the higher ceiling which doesn't mean much.
Donte Greene had the highest ceiling possible as a 6'11" dude with a 40 inch vertical who could also defend four positions. He fell out of the league after his rookie contract was up.

Donte Greene had the highest ceiling possible as a 6'11" dude with a 40 inch vertical who could also defend four positions. He fell out of the league after his rookie contract was up.
*Sigh*

Donte was indeed fool's gold. Full disclosure: by that I mean I was proven to be the fool.
Too bad his motor was lacking and his BBIQ was never to be found.

I also miss the days when people remembered trading rule number 1:
YOU DO NOT TRADE WITH THE LUCKING FAKERS!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
*Sigh*

Donte was indeed fool's gold. Full disclosure: by that I mean I was proven to be the fool.
Too bad his motor was lacking and his BBIQ was never to be found.

I also miss the days when people remembered trading rule number 1:
YOU DO NOT TRADE WITH THE LUCKING FAKERS!
Primarily this. I feel like Buddy would immediately explode into a 20+ ppg scorer in the Lakers'modified Warriors system and Willie would suddenly become a media darling catching lobs from "Can't do much on offense aside from pass" Lonzo and the media would be savaging us yet again.