Brads hurt?!

Andriod_KiNg said:
Great news Skinner will start !!!! I wanna see more of his low post game and rebounding :D
That's just Grant's opinion. Don't know for sure if Skinner will start. That's up for Adelman to decide. ;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
piksi said:
free throws anyone:eek:
Im serious look at his stats it's amazing this guy came out of collage a 60% FT shooter, quickly improved to 66% and has pretty much slid down hill to 29% Yoda has to get this boy out on the court for some practice shots, if he can help Webber ther is hope for Skinner. But 29% that has to be teh worst in the NBA, right?

piksi

Hall of Famer
HndsmCelt said:
Im serious look at his stats it's amazing this guy came out of collage a 60% FT shooter, quickly improved to 66% and has pretty much slid down hill to 29% Yoda has to get this boy out on the court for some practice shots, if he can help Webber ther is hope for Skinner. But 29% that has to be teh worst in the NBA, right?
Hack-a-Skinner

HndsmCelt said:
Dang. What are the chances of us picking up someone that makes Tag's FT shooting look good?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
love_them_kings said:
Dang. What are the chances of us picking up someone that makes Tag's FT shooting look good?
Nightmare scenario: we return to the playoffs, and get into that same situation we did last year when Flip Saunders got to pick a player off our bench (Jabari in that case) to shoot a free throw -- damn, Tag or Skinner, Skinner or Tag? :eek:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Nightmare scenario: we return to the playoffs, and get into that same situation we did last year when Flip Saunders got to pick a player off our bench (Jabari in that case) to shoot a free throw -- damn, Tag or Skinner, Skinner or Tag? :eek:
The sadest thing about the sceanario is that it is a no brainer...

VF21 said:
Brad now apparently has "splitting open skin on shin" syndrome. ;)

His wound on his right shin from earlier this season still hasn't completely healed properly. In the game against the Wizards, he did something to his left shin, although I wasn't able to hear what it was.

I'm thinking industrial-strength super glue might be beneficial.
He went for a loose ball OOB and went over the bench chairs. Banged it up (I think) in the first quarter, and came back and played the rest of the game with it wrapped. What are you gonna do, the guy plays hard (if not always smart and with cold calculating demeanor). :eek:

kingskings! said:
Coachie to the rescue!! If he can turn Webber into a good free throw shooter, then he can turn Skinner into a decent free throw shooter! Unless, Webb's FT's improved with a private coach??:)
Yep, Skinner will be dominate real soon :D

piksi

Hall of Famer
kingskings! said:
Coachie to the rescue!! If he can turn Webber into a good free throw shooter, then he can turn Skinner into a decent free throw shooter! Unless, Webb's FT's improved with a private coach??:)
The best coach for Skinner is David Coperfield. Not even he can make it great but we could all use optical illusion

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
kingskings! said:
He went for a loose ball OOB and went over the bench chairs. Banged it up (I think) in the first quarter, and came back and played the rest of the game with it wrapped. What are you gonna do, the guy plays hard (if not always smart and with cold calculating demeanor). :eek:
Ah, yes. I remember. And the other player diving for the ball was the 76er's new power forward.

...sigh...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
kingskings! said:
I don't think it was Carril. I believe it was a private coach, or at least one brought in by the Kings to focus on free-throws. Kingsgurl would know...

piksi said:
The best coach for Skinner is David Coperfield. Not even he can make it great but we could all use optical illusion
Oddly, as much as you want to make of Ostertag vs. Skinner at the FT line, they are ranked 422 and 423 in the NBA this season. Otag at 29.6% and Skinner at 26.3%. I'm not sure how that works out actually since only Jelani McCoy (20%) and Jared Reiner (25%) are players that rank lower than the two of them who actually HAVE a percentage...the other 21 below all four of them have 0%. Is that no FT's attempted or none made? There are some semi-remarkable names down there: Vlade Divac, Lonny Baxter (yeah, I'm a turtle lover), Mateen Cleaves, DeSagana Diop, and Erik Daniels...okay, maybe not so remarkable, lots of DNP's there but still...definitely not the WORST in the NBA. And among those ranked with 0% FT is good ol' DeSagana Diop who went for at least three twice this season. Yeah, OK they both suck at FT's...but so did Webb (just not as bad :eek: ) until this season, so who turned Webber's free throw woes around? Was it coachie or somebody else? If it was somebody else, let's get him in here to turn Otag and Skinner around! (I kinda think it was coachie based on the look on his face during the last two games while Skinner was on the line....like he was sucking lemons! :) )

VF21 said:
Ah, yes. I remember. And the other player diving for the ball was the 76er's new power forward.

...sigh...
Nope, it wasn't that play....I don't remember who it was on the Sixers but it wasn't "that" guy. :D They plowed through the Kings bench, and the AC's scattered but I really don't think it was Webb, maybe it was Iguolada (or however you spell his name!).

The good news (if you can call it that) is that Skinner's FT stroke is so painfully obvious in its ugliness and lack of mechanics that it won't take much thought for coach Carrill to figure out what's wrong. He pushes the ball with his arm instead of flipping his wrists, he fails to follow through, and the motions that he goes through just aren't very smooth at all, which is a problem that Webb had for a while. Once Webber smoothed out the process of shooting FTs, he became that near 80% shooter he is today. Skinner is in good hands.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well I for one hold that sub 50% FT shooting is just inexcusable for any pro palyer. It is the one pat of the game that can be prcticed endlessly with or without a coach. So yes I think that Both Skinner and Tag could, should and darn well ougth to be working with either Carill or soem other coach and practicing their butts off.

Andriod_KiNg said:
oh oh, but hey we mite get to see more of Skinner to further evalute his game... also its just the Bobcats :D
Never say "it's just the Bobcats" then it will look HORRIBLE if we lose. Also, you know how we can be sometimes...beat the Spurs one night, lose to the Hawks the next.

piksi said:
well let's hope that Darius and Brad's "day to day" is not the same as Pedja's "day to day":eek:
LOL!

i'm sure they're not. i guess brad's gonna miss 2 games tops. darius, i don't know the extent of the injury. i'm guessing he'll miss a game, if any.

well, get well soon brad, darius, and peja! we need you!!