Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer.
In the most recent article (if you can stomach the Bee), Bogdan says he is still focusing on his current team, not his next team. But he said he wants to play in the NBA. He also praises Pops. And he said something about not wanting to be a bench player in the NBA.
As I've posted before, I'd love to have Bogdan be a King and find success in the NBA. But I'm also concerned that he thinks he's entitled to a starting role before he's played his first NBA minute. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't (entitled). But I'd rather he be a little less entitled and a little more willing to compete for a top-5 role on this team.
He's not. Everything is earned from here on out. Euro star doesn't mean anything once you step on a NBA court he first has to prove he belongs in the league then compete with Temple, Malachi and Buddy. If he does not come over this summer he's bluffing he'll never play in the big leagues.

This summer.
In the most recent article (if you can stomach the Bee), Bogdan says he is still focusing on his current team, not his next team. But he said he wants to play in the NBA. He also praises Pops. And he said something about not wanting to be a bench player in the NBA.
As I've posted before, I'd love to have Bogdan be a King and find success in the NBA. But I'm also concerned that he thinks he's entitled to a starting role before he's played his first NBA minute. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't (entitled). But I'd rather he be a little less entitled and a little more willing to compete for a top-5 role on this team.
I think we have the leverage though. We have 2 young SGs we like and a third veteran SG in Temple. Whereas if he wants to play in the NBA he has to go through us

This summer.
I think he meant he doesn't want to be a bench player in the meaning he doesn't want to sit 48 minutes. I'm sure he's a smart guy and he knows he will have to earn his spot in the NBA and no team will give him a guaranteed starting spot. I believe he will be ok coming off the bench, playing 25/28 mins per game and having an important role in the team.

This summer.
I think he meant he doesn't want to be a bench player in the meaning he doesn't want to sit 48 minutes. I'm sure he's a smart guy and he knows he will have to earn his spot in the NBA and no team will give him a guaranteed starting spot. I believe he will be ok coming off the bench, playing 25/28 mins per game and having an important role in the team.

Today Bogdan will play in the Euroleague semifinal, 20:30 CET. He will play against Real Madrid, and I'm expecting a great game from him. If some of you can catch this game, I suggest you to watch it, because you'll see Bogdan going against one of the best team (probably the best) in Europe. It's a great opportunity to see Bogdan going against the best competition in Europe.

Today I also read an article where they interviewed other Euroleague players, asking who will win the final four and who will be the MVP. The majority of them think Fenerbache will win (they play at home after all) and Bogdanovic will be the MVP. I really hope we can sign this guy next year, he can be special.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Today Bogdan will play in the Euroleague semifinal, 20:30 CET. He will play against Real Madrid, and I'm expecting a great game from him. If some of you can catch this game, I suggest you to watch it, because you'll see Bogdan going against one of the best team (probably the best) in Europe. It's a great opportunity to see Bogdan going against the best competition in Europe.

Today I also read an article where they interviewed other Euroleague players, asking who will win the final four and who will be the MVP. The majority of them think Fenerbache will win (they play at home after all) and Bogdanovic will be the MVP. I really hope we can sign this guy next year, he can be special.
Or we stash him over there one more year, suck again, get the #1 overall pick, then bring both he and Luka (who he's coincidentally playing against tonight) over next year and really take the league by storm in 2019.

Or we stash him over there one more year, suck again, get the #1 overall pick, then bring both he and Luka (who he's coincidentally playing against tonight) over next year and really take the league by storm in 2019.
Not a bad plan... :) I can live with that)).

Doncic is going to be a monster.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Real's entire defense seems intent on doubling Bogdan as soon as humanely possible. Had a nice drive and kick on a double but his teammate bricked it.

WTF? How did I get the start time wrong? Just tuned in. At least I'll get to see the second half.

Hope there are a lot more Kings fans watching this. Not only for Bogdan, but Vlade will absolutely be targeting Doncic next year if we have a high enough pick.

Like they said, an off-game for his standards. At the end of the first half he scored 8 points, helped Fenerbahce with their lead and that was all from him. He made some turnovers, missed shoots, ball wasn't listening to him so couldn't create easy baskets for him or teammates... and still was able to score 14 points with solid fg% and good index raiting. Let's hope he will be better in finals. It won't be easy, Olympiacos have probably the best defensive team in Europe.

Do you guys think Bogdan could play SF? Hos playmaking and shooting next to Hield/Skal would help them out. His measurements at 18 were 6'5.5" 200pounds, 6'11 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach

Comparisons:

K.Thompson: 6'5.5- 206- 6'9- 8'7
G.Hayward: 6'6.5- 211- 6'7- 8'7
T.J Warren: 6'7.0- 220- 6'10- 8'8
Solomon Hill: 6'5.5- 226- 6'9- 8'7
Jaylen Brown: 6'5.5- 223- 6'11.5- 8'6
Jae Crowder: 6'4.5- 242- 6'9.5- 8'3

The only SF who would pound him in the post are Kawhi, KD, Wiggins, Lebron, Giannis, Butler, George, and melo

Do you guys think Bogdan could play SF? Hos playmaking and shooting next to Hield/Skal would help them out. His measurements at 18 were 6'5.5" 200pounds, 6'11 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach

Comparisons:

K.Thompson: 6'5.5- 206- 6'9- 8'7
G.Hayward: 6'6.5- 211- 6'7- 8'7
T.J Warren: 6'7.0- 220- 6'10- 8'8
Solomon Hill: 6'5.5- 226- 6'9- 8'7
Jaylen Brown: 6'5.5- 223- 6'11.5- 8'6
Jae Crowder: 6'4.5- 242- 6'9.5- 8'3

The only SF who would pound him in the post are Kawhi, KD, Wiggins, Lebron, Giannis, Butler, George, and melo
I'm interested to see how his measurables have changed. Some people grow bigger and taller even after they turn 18. That 611 reach it's quite nice and should help him to defend multiple positions. It's certainly means to me that he could at least spot some defensive minutes at the three.

Like they said, an off-game for his standards. At the end of the first half he scored 8 points, helped Fenerbahce with their lead and that was all from him. He made some turnovers, missed shoots, ball wasn't listening to him so couldn't create easy baskets for him or teammates... and still was able to score 14 points with solid fg% and good index raiting. Let's hope he will be better in finals. It won't be easy, Olympiacos have probably the best defensive team in Europe.
I'm really, really, really hoping Bogdan's team wins the euro league championship!

I think once he gets that out of his system, he will be coming over to the Kings this summer. :)

In another thread I was proposing a trade with Phoenix

Affalo,10th, and Buddy Buckets for Brandon knight and 4th pick

Do you think having the starting 2 spot available convinces Bogdan to come over

When is earliest we can sign him?

Status
Not open for further replies.