Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another thread I was proposing a trade with Phoenix

Affalo,10th, and Buddy Buckets for Brandon knight and 4th pick

Do you think having the starting 2 spot available convinces Bogdan to come over

When is earliest we can sign him?
Bogdan must relize that he is going to have to earn his minutes no matter what team he joined. If he is afraid to compete against a guy finishing his rookie year then i doubt he would have the mental fortitude to be successful in the NBA. If he thinks he is as good as he appears to be then he will take the spot and minutes he wants with his play. Not like he has westbrook or harden in front of him

And if he is indeed as good as we hope, then we would either trade some of our logjam SG or trade him to a team targeting him...if another team trades for him i would assume its because they have a need at the SG spot

In another thread I was proposing a trade with Phoenix

Affalo,10th, and Buddy Buckets for Brandon knight and 4th pick

Do you think having the starting 2 spot available convinces Bogdan to come over

When is earliest we can sign him?
Oof. I'd have a tough time dealing Hield. He may never be a star but he looked like a very solid starter at SG who spaces the floor and can put up 16-18 ppg.

I'm also not sure why the Suns would want Hield when they have Booker.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Pass on this guy. He's got a long history of off the court issues.

I've watched him rob a convenience store to get diapers, plant a bomb in Los Angeles, and organize a group of car thieves to steal a bunch of cars in one night.

Character matters.
That, and his soul was bonded to the demon Zarathos and his flaming head would likely set off fire sprinklers whenever he played. Hate to see him run into the crowd and start sending evildoers to Hell on TNT. That wouldn't go over well with the league I would imagine.

Congrats Bogdan! Great game...

He just had an interview for local media at the court:
"Is now time for NBA?"
"Wait, not yet. There is Turkish league left, and after that, we will talk"

I think he is ready. He proved today ,again, that he can score in so many ways.
So for those of us not in the know, did he win the championship and is going to play in another euro league?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
He just won the Euroleague. Only thing that left for him is Turkish league Play-offs, but Euroleague is waaaay more important for them. His stats tonight: 17 points (7-15 fg), 5 rebounds, 1 assists for 25 minutes. He had 3 fouls in the first half (2 of them undeserved), so he was benched more then usual.
When does this whole frigging thing end? How many leagues are there? If the Euroleague is the big one, then why even play in the Turkish league. Why take a chance on getting hurt?

So for those of us not in the know, did he win the championship and is going to play in another euro league?
I will try to explain it. :)

Euroleague is made up of the best clubs around Europe from all (or most) of the countries in Europe. It is the toughest competition in Europe.

All the clubs that participate in the Euroleague also play in their country's league and cup competitions. Fener just won the Euroleague by beating the Greek champions Olympiacos. Fener still has Turkish league play offs to worry about. I do believe that Turkish cup competition has already completed.

Essentially to qualify for the Euroleague, the team needs to be a champion of their country's league or one of the top teams that need to go through the qualification tournament. Obviously Euroleague champions of the previous year qualify directly for the Euroleague the following year.

There is a bit of misconception about the Euroleague in the USA. People think that is the only league the teams participate in which is not correct. Teams are still obliged to compete in their country's league plus the Euroleague if they have qualified for it. If they haven't qualified for the Euroleague then they play in their country's league and the Eurocup which is sort of a 2nd tier competition to Euroleague.

Clear as mud? :D

I will try to explain it. :)

Euroleague is made up of the best clubs around Europe from all (or most) of the countries in Europe. It is the toughest competition in Europe.

All the clubs that participate in the Euroleague also play in their country's league and cup competitions. Fener just won the Euroleague by beating the Greek champions Olympiacos. Fener still has Turkish league play offs to worry about. I do believe that Turkish cup competition has already completed.

Essentially to qualify for the Euroleague, the team needs to be a champion of their country's league or one of the top teams that need to go through the qualification tournament. Obviously Euroleague champions of the previous year qualify directly for the Euroleague the following year.

There is a bit of misconception about the Euroleague in the USA. People think that is the only league the teams participate in which is not correct. Teams are still obliged to compete in their country's league plus the Euroleague if they have qualified for it. If they haven't qualified for the Euroleague then they play in their country's league and the Eurocup which is sort of a 2nd tier competition to Euroleague.

Clear as mud? :D
So in the roughest NBA equivalency, they just won the NBA Championship this year but in order to qualify for the NBA Playoffs next year they have to win the Pacific Division in a few weeks. Is that close?

So in the roughest NBA equivalency, they just won the NBA Championship this year but in order to qualify for the NBA Playoffs next year they have to win the Pacific Division in a few weeks. Is that close?
Sort of! Except as Euroleague champions Fener has qualified for Euroluague next season.

Seems more like ... they just won the Euro-lympics, but still have the NBA going on.

So if they get an automatic bid why play?
Because there is still a Turkish League trophy to win. IIRC they won the Turkish Cup now Euroleague and the only thing remaining for the, is the Turkish League. That would make it 3 trophies in a season which would mean they have won every competition they played in. There is a monetary prize for the club and bonuses for the players and the coaching staff for every trophy they win.

They are also obliged by the rules to play in Turkish league and Turkish cup. Euroleague is a choice but given its the most prestigeous competition in Europe, teams want to play unless they don't have the money to do so and Fener is not one of those teams that struggle financially.

Because there is still a Turkish League trophy to win. IIRC they won the Turkish Cup now Euroleague and the only thing remaining for the, is the Turkish League. That would make it 3 trophies in a season which would mean they have won every competition they played in. There is a monetary prize for the club and bonuses for the players and the coaching staff for every trophy they win.

They are also obliged by the rules to play in Turkish league and Turkish cup. Euroleague is a choice but given its the most prestigeous competition in Europe, teams want to play unless they don't have the money to do so and Fener is not one of those teams that struggle financially.
Good info thx.

I watched the Euroleague Final. As was mentioned Bogdan got in foul trouble early. Still he scored when he wanted to. Finds his own shot and does bring the ball down the court some of the time. He is a decent defender but does like to reach in for the steal. He also is a good passer throwing at least one long lob pass for a dunk I saw.

I sure hope he comes over because I think his game will translate well into the NBA.

I perosnally think that now there is 75-80% chance that he will come to the NBA next season. I also think he is ready for it. People do need to control their expectations a bit. He is no franchise player, he is no all-star. He is a good NBA player, at best NBA level starter and at worse say 8-9 player in the rotation.

I perosnally think that now there is 75-80% chance that he will come to the NBA next season. I also think he is ready for it. People do need to control their expectations a bit. He is no franchise player, he is no all-star. He is a good NBA player, at best NBA level starter and at worse say 8-9 player in the rotation.
Wasn't too long ago that you were saying you had doubts he would come over. What changed your opinion?

I know a big hurdle was winning the Euro chip. If they win the Turkish League playoffs here coming up, what reason would there be not to come to the NBA if that is your dream. If not then, when?

Really like Bogdan he's got great skill and demeanor. I remember watching him that year before he got drafted and Satoransky went down so he was asked to fill in at PG. Will be a solid NBA player for sure.

Turkish play-offs started for Fenerbahce yesterday, with a win - 92-76.

Bogdan's stats: 10 points (4-9 fg), 5 assists (he could have at least 8,9 assists, but teammates missed some open shots and easy layups), 4 rebounds, 4 turnovers, for 22 minutes

At the start of the game, he injured his ankle, and i was afraid it could be serious (luckily, he injured other ankle twice this year), but he came back into the game and played solid. He is ok...

He had few small injuries, but i wouldn't say he had injury problems. This season, he missed almost 2 months i think (two injuries), but i hope those are behind him. Despite injury, he had great season...

Status
Not open for further replies.