Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what I see. If you have a newer Comcast box with the sports app (button "c"), you can find the game and play the NBC web stream on your tv in HD.

Vlade is watching his future asset.
Bogdan got a good control and doesn't force his game. He plays more like a combo guard.
He's an effective off-ball player, isn't he?

Last edited:
Dish is telecasting all of Rio Olympic Basketball. Pretty dominating game by Serbia over Venezula. Bogdan has a really sweet shot and in this game he was content to move the ball and pick his spots. Looks like he can get open any time he wants to. Friday August 12 Serbia plays the USA. Klay Thompson and Paul George will probably defend Bogdan and that will be a good barometer on where the 23 year old players development is at.

K

KingMilz

Shame Bjelica is not playing for Serbia would have helped them in trying to win silver, him in the starting line up instead of the current PF would have been a massive upgrade and another 3 point threat with high IQ. Bogdan looked good in his first game that stroke is super sweet. I really thought Venenuzla would put up a way better fight they beat a number of good teams to win the FIBA Americas but I guess it's a different level against elite Euro comp just it is from Euro to the NBA.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Man, the streaming replay's quality is putrid. That's too bad. I have Comcast but no access to non USA replays apparently.

K

KingsFan80

You and anyone else really have no idea if Chriss is better than anyone drafted after him. He's so raw there is no telling. I personally have some doubts about him and how effective he will be but like I said earlier, can't tell. Until they tart playing regular games
Fair point...but who do you think has more potential to be better, Chriss or Papa?

K

KingsFan80

I don't see any proof that Chriss is better than anyone on that list, until then I don't even want to discuss him.
Again, fair point...which is also why I refuse to watch or talk about Bogdan. No proof he will ever be here or if he is even good until he plays against NBA players. I like Richardson's potential, but outside of him Chriss was worth the risk as he has the most potential, which was my point.

Again, fair point...which is also why I refuse to watch or talk about Bogdan. No proof he will ever be here or if he is even good until he plays against NBA players. I like Richardson's potential, but outside of him Chriss was worth the risk as he has the most potential, which was my point.
Is there a chance Bogdan never comes over and his skills don't translate? Sure. Is there a chance Chriss never becomes a good player and his skills don't translate? Sure. For someone on a discussion board it seems like a rather strange place to draw the line in the sand and say you refuse to watch or talk about a player. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with your assessment of potentials but it was too strange of a comment for me to resist the urge and not respond.

Why would you refuse to discuss one of the best players in Europe, whose rights also happen to belong to the team your a fan of, at a place that is specifically for talking about said things, in a thread about the specific player but then willingly talk about another player who has nothing to do with the team. It's silly and completely out of place. You see that this thread is titled Bogdanovic and not Chriss right?

dude12

Hall of Famer
Fair point...but who do you think has more potential to be better, Chriss or Papa?
One guy is athletic and long, one guy is ginormous. Like I said before, probably should see these guys play against NBA players and evaluate knowing that both are teenagers. I never bought into the Chriss hype. In this case, these guys need an honest 2-3 years before knowing what you got

It isn't quite that simple of a question. In the trade for Chriss the Kings acquired Papa, Skal, and Bogdanovic. I make sure to point that out because I'm with you if Chriss was traded straight up for Papa but he was not.

With that in mind the question needs to be restated like this: who has the potential to be better Chriss or the combination of Papa, Skal, and Bogdanovich?

That is why in my earlier post I stated that unless Chriss becomes a perennial All-Star and none of the Kings players become eventual starters, that it was a good trade.

One guy is athletic and long, one guy is ginormous. Like I said before, probably should see these guys play against NBA players and evaluate knowing that both are teenagers. I never bought into the Chriss hype. In this case, these guys need an honest 2-3 years before knowing what you got
Yep, both are 19 years old. anything can happen in 2 to 3 years.

dude12

Hall of Famer
It isn't quite that simple of a question. In the trade for Chriss the Kings acquired Papa, Skal, and Bogdanovic. I make sure to point that out because I'm with you if Chriss was traded straight up for Papa but he was not.

With that in mind the question needs to be restated like this: who has the potential to be better Chriss or the combination of Papa, Skal, and Bogdanovich?

That is why in my earlier post I stated that unless Chriss becomes a perennial All-Star and none of the Kings players become eventual starters, that it was a good trade.
With evaluators saying that Bogdanovich would be a top 5 or top 3 pick in this or next years draft, and us getting 2 other young bigs, this trade most likely is going to be a big win for Sac. Personally, I think Chriss and Skal are going to be the same level of player.

With evaluators saying that Bogdanovich would be a top 5 or top 3 pick in this or next years draft, and us getting 2 other young bigs, this trade most likely is going to be a big win for Sac. Personally, I think Chriss and Skal are going to be the same level of player.
Skal is a much more skilled player than Chriss IMO. Chriss is athletic, but you are betting on potential. I have always been more willing to bet on skill over athleticism. Bogdanovic has a set of skills that are easy to see. Skal needs to get stronger, but has also shown skills to go along with his athleticism. Papagiannis has size and some raw skills, but we will have to see if he can adjust to the speed of the NBA.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that both Skal and Bogdanovic will have better NBA careers than Chriss. There are just too many question marks with Chriss. Just like there are too many question marks with Papagiannis. Both have the potential to be good NBA players in a few years, but both could be out of the league in a few years as well.

K

KingsFan80

If that is the case I hope he comes over...time will tell.

In my book it is already a good trade meaning that on the day it was done it was a good trade just on potential. And the day the trade was made is when it counts no matter hindsight. Just my vie of judging all trades. Hindsight is hindsight.

Do you have the link to the post saying Bogdanovich would be a top 5 or 3 pick in next years draft? The top of the draft is loaded next year. I think Bogdanovich has a shot at being a nice player but dont think he will be a franchise changer. I don't remember anything hyping him up that much

Do you have the link to the post saying Bogdanovich would be a top 5 or 3 pick in next years draft? The top of the draft is loaded next year. I think Bogdanovich has a shot at being a nice player but dont think he will be a franchise changer. I don't remember anything hyping him up that much
Link---> http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/7/13/12167712/kings-bogdan-bogdanovic

Excerpt: "
I have heard some people say that if Bogdan was in the draft this year he would have been a lottery pick. Essentially, he was because the Kings traded for his rights at 8, but what are your thoughts on that? Do you think he would have gone in the top 8 if he was in this year's NBA Draft?

Top 5 pick this summer if he were in the draft."

Link---> http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/7/13/12167712/kings-bogdan-bogdanovic

Excerpt: "
I have heard some people say that if Bogdan was in the draft this year he would have been a lottery pick. Essentially, he was because the Kings traded for his rights at 8, but what are your thoughts on that? Do you think he would have gone in the top 8 if he was in this year's NBA Draft?

Top 5 pick this summer if he were in the draft."
Thanks! So Top 5 pick in this past draft nothing about the 2017 draft. I wonder what kind of money he will be looking for next year.

Just wanted to clarify. Experts are predicting a lot of franchise changing talent in next years draft. A lot can change until then

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Raduljica absolutely running over two quality bigs in Bogit and Baynes. Unfortunately Delly and Patty Mills doing the same with Bogdan, who's probably been playing his worst minutes of the summer.

Thanks! So Top 5 pick in this past draft nothing about the 2017 draft. I wonder what kind of money he will be looking for next year.
My guess is that he would want a good Free Agent pick up type money.

He will probably be looking for a $7 to $10 million per year for 4 years type contract to come over.

Status
Not open for further replies.