Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Agreed, I would have preferred Baldwin, Skal and Bogdan in return for the #8 pick. But Vlade must see something in Papa that many of us do not. I'm willing to give The Big Rookie some time.

In any event I think the trades Vlade made were good ones.
We would all be a bit dismayed if Big Papa turned out to be a bust, wouldn't we? I have a high expectation that Vlade can valuate big guys. If he can't, he will leave me scratching my head for a long, long time. I will even offer to be the leader of the Head Scratching Team. On the whole, he might be the worst of the 4 top guys; Skal, Bogdan, Papa, and Malachai. If I was thrown those names on a piece of paper in front of me and didn't know who was picked and when, I'd be very happy with what originally was an 8th pick.

S

sactownfan

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Curry range!!! This kid is special. He's showing superior court vision/passing. Plus great all around game.

S

sactownfan

FYI he's been playing better every game in this olympics. As his team started settling down each game... He's been getting better too. (As I typed this he cuts without the ball and finishes)

S

sactownfan

Ok he's not a PG...but after watching every Serbia game since the draft...there isn't an doubt why he plays PG at times.

I have to say it, he reminds me of Doug Christie except with unlimited range. He has that uncomfortable defensive style Doug had, where he gets all up into the space of the player he's guarding.

Vlade shoots! He scores!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Interesting. I think in the listings I've seen Bogdan is usually listed about 2-3 inches shorter than Bojan. They look real close in that shot.

Damn, I only caught the last 2 min of the domination of Australia. Not a big stat game for Bogdan but it will be fun to watch him and Serbia play for gold against Cuz.

Bogdanovic always makes the right choice on the court. He's impressive.
He'd be the perfect fit for lots of teams, Spurs first of all. I hope we are going to be one of those teams soon.

Greetings from Rio crew.

Went to the semi and can happily say Brodgan is as advertised - aggressive and does facilitate at times. The Serbia team use him as an impact player and whilst this game v the boomers wasn't great statistically for him, he is a high level IQ player.

Greetings from Rio crew.

Went to the semi and can happily say Brodgan is as advertised - aggressive and does facilitate at times. The Serbia team use him as an impact player and whilst this game v the boomers wasn't great statistically for him, he is a high level IQ player.
I agree.

And everything you wrote about him is true for Bogdan as well. :D

S

sactownfan

well ....... this was a nightmare half for Bogdanovic. 0-7 shooting 0-5 3pt shots.... 3 TO's .... he does have 2 stl's and 2 ast but thats about as bad as it could be... i should point out only one of his shots was actually a bad one... shot clock was running out. still pretty awful 1st half. gotta wonder about the coach bringing him off the bench today.

Either way this was a tough match up for him today... unless he actually makes an all-star team he won't see this much talent all at once in the NBA.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Bogdan didn't do anything in the gold medal game...he missed a lot of good looks, looked very disinterested in playing defense which ought to give Dave a task to work with.

Bogdan didn't do anything in the gold medal game...he missed a lot of good looks, looked very disinterested in playing defense which ought to give Dave a task to work with.
I saw some of that in the semi's too. He's floating around in the key looking lost on defense ... kind of like some guys criticized Rondo for. Makes me a little scared he will be like Peja - too special to break a nail on defense. But maybe he's good enough to get away with it - guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.