Bogdan Bogdanovic Watch

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
What's alarming to me is he has so far looked like the same inconsistent player he always has in the games I watched bits of. Now I get that he's on a new team, new system, etc. and there was no camp. But this is also the longest off season he's ever had and a lot of the little nagging injuries and stuff that wears him down should be gone. If he doesn't break out midway through the next month or two I think we dodged a huge bullet.

But DDV would have fit the future direction of this team so still bummed his agent botched this.

I don't care what Bogi says. He's looked incredibly average for the Hawks. Basically, he's looked like himself, and I'm glad we've moved on from him. Right now, he's exactly who we thought he would be, and getting paid a ton to do it. Good riddance.
so far him and buddy are putting up similar numbers and we are paying Buddy much more to do it than Atlanta is paying Bogdan. I expect both to improve as season goes on.

bogda is 40%, 40%, 88%, 4.4 REB 2.3 AST 0.6 STL 1.3 TO in 26 Minutes
buddy is 36%, 36%, 76%, 4.1 REB 2.4 AST 0.6 STL 2.0 TO in 35 Minutes

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
]

here is the unfortunate reason that not matching Bogi was a good idea.

EDIT: Removed the video because on second glance, it’s all bad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Even hinting that the injury still occurs if he stayed with the KINGS is silly talk.
He was always dealing with various sundry injuries while a King and even was dealing with an ankle injury prior to this latest potentially catastrophic injury. Not insinuating this particular injury would have happened as a King but the threat of the "big one" coming was certainly a thing.

He was always dealing with various sundry injuries while a King and even was dealing with an ankle injury prior to this latest potentially catastrophic injury. Not insinuating this particular injury would have happened as a King but the threat of the "big one" coming was certainly a thing.
Eh, that’s pure speculation with no real way of knowing.

Players get serious injuries all the time. Some have a history of injury beforehand, some don’t. Some have heavy usage, some don’t. Everyone is different.

It’s easy to say it was coming after the fact. Bogi could have been injury free his entire career and well rested yet still had that same injury occur.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Eh, that’s pure speculation with no real way of knowing.

Players get serious injuries all the time. Some have a history of injury beforehand, some don’t. Some have heavy usage, some don’t. Everyone is different.

It’s easy to say it was coming after the fact. Bogi could have been injury free his entire career and well rested yet still had that same injury occur.
Of course, of course. But generally a long injury history doesn't indicate a clean bill of health going forward, especially where the legs are concerned, the main reason the Kings let Bogi go still apparently really remaining that Monte wanted to maximize Tyrese's playing time.

I saw the play live. It looked like he just bumped knees, but the way he went down and stayed down, it looks like it maybe a while before he returns.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I saw the play live. It looked like he just bumped knees, but the way he went down and stayed down, it looks like it maybe a while before he returns.
Yeah, the first couple of times I couldn't really see it but then watching the videos on twitter I saw how the entire leg just buckled and twisted. It doesn't look great.

Yeah, the first couple of times I couldn't really see it but then watching the videos on twitter I saw how the entire leg just buckled and twisted. It doesn't look great.
Losing him is going to hurt that team. He did a lot of hockey stuff on that Hawks second unit that contributed to winning ball.

Last edited:
Smacking knees is painful. Usually players can get up and play after awhile. This sounds bad.
the injury i think happened after knees were smacked as the foot planted to stop the fall, leg was extended and knee locked straight, and then that joint absorbed the momentum of the rest of the body in what looked like a really awkward/painful reverberation

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the injury i think happened after knees were smacked as the foot planted to stop the fall, leg was extended and knee locked straight, and then that joint absorbed the momentum of the rest of the body in what looked like a really awkward/painful reverberation
Yeah, the way the leg sort of got all squishy when he fell was not good at all. Not sure why some people were describing the injury as a result of a collision with LaMelo Ball because that’s not what happened at all.

Yeah, the way the leg sort of got all squishy when he fell was not good at all. Not sure why some people were describing the injury as a result of a collision with LaMelo Ball because that’s not what happened at all.
the collision was the cause of what happened afterwards but the collision impact is not what did the damage.

I had an avulsion fracture of the toe, which didn't seem very serious, was able to keep walking on it, with 1/50 steps causing sharp shooting pain.
I didn't realize one could get an avulsion fracture on the knee.