Bogdan at Small Forward

So what is the consensus on Bogie playing small forward? Is he too slow or short? Does Bogdanovic has a future as a small forward or have we accepted the fact that he’s a shooting guard?

Buddy deserves to be starting. I’m sick off this off the bench crap. I get that he’s streaky and makes dumb turnovers. But he is a top-notch shooter and there is no reason starting would change that. I want to see him get consistent minutes and continue to let it fly.

My dream is a Fox Buddy Bogie Skal WCS lineup to get consistent minutes. Is there a reason that this wouldn’t work?

So what is the consensus on Bogie playing small forward? Is he too slow or short? Does Bogdanovic has a future as a small forward or have we accepted the fact that he’s a shooting guard?

Buddy deserves to be starting. I’m sick off this off the bench crap. I get that he’s streaky and makes dumb turnovers. But he is a top-notch shooter and there is no reason starting would change that. I want to see him get consistent minutes and continue to let it fly.

My dream is a Fox Buddy Bogie Skal WCS lineup to get consistent minutes. Is there a reason that this wouldn’t work?
Buddy deserves to start. As inconsistent as he is, he's consistently one of our better players. However, does he start over Bogdan? Good question for debate.

I don't think Bogdan can play SF. In small stints maybe, but not as a full-time starting SF. He doesn't have the strength or size to contain them. His future in the NBA will be at SG.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Am I the only one who really likes the energy Buddy brings off the bench? I guess it's the age-old question coming around again. Does someone have to start to be effective or valuable to the team? Buddy has consistently been a difference maker coming off the bench. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Am I the only one who really likes the energy Buddy brings off the bench? I guess it's the age-old question coming around again. Does someone have to start to be effective or valuable to the team? Buddy has consistently been a difference maker coming off the bench. Why fix it if it ain't broken?
He most certainly can be our modern day Bobby Jackson...

I don’t understand the obsession with having someone start. I think the more important thing is who finishes the games and Buddy is finishing them on the court.

I see no reason why we should start Buddy who is clearly enjoying and embracing his role, plus he is producing well in that role.

Who do you want to come off the bench in place of Buddy if you don't put Bogs at the three?
Buddy has been outplaying Bogdan for the past month, but it's way too late in the season to be flipping starters.

Going forward, I think it'll be a close race between the two. Bogdan is a better ball handler, passer, and defender. Meanwhile, Buddy is the better scorer. One of the biggest parts of the equation is DeAaron Fox. In the first half of the season, Fox really struggled in the half-court in operating the offense. Hill and Bogdan's playmaking ability really helped take the pressure off of Fox. Fox is still not comfortable as a full-time ball handler, so Bogdan helps a lot with running our offense. So in a lot of ways, we do need Bogdan to start next to Fox. However, if Fox gets comfortable enough next season to the point where we don't need another ball handler in the back-court, maybe we don't absolutely need Bogdan next to him. Maybe we can slide in a scoring guard (Buddy), and have 2 dynamic scorers in the back-court.

This will be a fun debate for the offseason.

This is not a big deal. The difference between a 2 and 3 is almost non existent in today's nba, and Bogdan has more than enough size to be playable. Bogdan Buddy and Fox can share the court for 30 minutes against 90% of the league.

No no no no leave him where he can be a big body SG and not a small SF he can play SF vs the back ups. There plenty of minutes to go scoring at SG/SF

SG: Bogdan 18mpg- Hield 30mpg
SF: Starter 14mpg- Bogdan 14mpg

Bogdan will have no trouble vs most SF and will be good vs all backup forward 32 and 30 mpg for those 2 is perfectly fine.

This is not a big deal. The difference between a 2 and 3 is almost non existent in today's nba, and Bogdan has more than enough size to be playable. Bogdan Buddy and Fox can share the court for 30 minutes against 90% of the league.
I’d like to see that happen then. It seems weird that we are starting jackson (I like him don’t get me wrong) and sitting Hield

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’d like to see that happen then. It seems weird that we are starting jackson (I like him don’t get me wrong) and sitting Hield
We know what we have in Hield. We don't know what we have in Jackson. My best guess is we're looking closely at Jackson before the draft. Remember, coach and the front office are looking at the various pieces, seeing how they fit together and getting an idea of who is going to stay and who will be expendable.

Bogi and Buddy seem to have a bromance going and I have to believe it has helped Buddy realize how much bigger of a weapon he can be if he passes. Buddy is a legit elite shooter in this league and draws a ton of attention but now he is starting to see there are easy plays to be made off of it. Bogi's "Spurs" mentality has slowly spread amongst the team and we are seeing some very good basketball here, ironically Bogi himself is the one who has hit a wall down the stretch(something I was anticipating) but the way he has affected the culture of the team in year one has been impressive.

So a couple of weeks ago when Buddy started passing more, when he ran the pick and roll then threw the lob for WCS guess who he pointed to on the bench? Yep Bogie.
Bogi and Buddy seem to have a bromance going and I have to believe it has helped Buddy realize how much bigger of a weapon he can be if he passes. Buddy is a legit elite shooter in this league and draws a ton of attention but now he is starting to see there are easy plays to be made off of it. Bogi's "Spurs" mentality has slowly spread amongst the team and we are seeing some very good basketball here, ironically Bogi himself is the one who has hit a wall down the stretch(something I was anticipating) but the way he has affected the culture of the team in year one has been impressive.
Here it is in sacbee: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article205729169.html

Its good to see these player helping each other get better even though they are competing for the same job. Being competitive and hard-working as they both are will just make both of them better. Something like this is definitely part of winning culture**

( ** the existence of such an entity is still under debate )

Last edited:
The most likely answer knowing coach joerger's disposition towards defense and veterans is actually already on our roster.

Shump slots into the 2 next season moving Bogi to the 3. Buddy maintains his current role.

Yeah I actually read that and it confirmed what was in my head since Buddy has started racking up assists. You can see him trying to make the same plays Bogi does. Not the spectacular plays but the easy ones that lead to good shots.
It's almost as if playing with other quality players, as opposed to a bunch of G-league call ups, helps the youth develop better!

Buddy/Bogdan stats are pretty comparable

Buddy: 24.6 min, 13.0 pts on 43.9 / 41.9 / 88.6, 3.8 reb, 1.8 ast, 0.9 stl
Bogdan: 27.6 min, 11.8 pts on 44.5 / 39.9 / 85.2, 2.9 reb, 3.3 ast, 0.9 stl

There have been months where Bogdan outplayed Buddy, and months when Buddy outplayed Bogdan.

Bogdan:

View attachment 7458
Buddy:

View attachment 7459

Interesting debate. Much funner than lin/win one :)
I think Bogi is still the better defensive player but Buddy coming off the bench versus the other teams back up 2 guard is a real advantage.

The most likely answer knowing coach joerger's disposition towards defense and veterans is actually already on our roster.

Shump slots into the 2 next season moving Bogi to the 3. Buddy maintains his current role.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This comment leads my list of "Most Improbable Developments" , just ahead of "Jerry Reynolds Returns To Coach Kings - Says He Has Finally Matured".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This comment leads my list of "Most Improbable Developments" , just ahead of "Jerry Reynolds Returns To Coach Kings - Says He Has Finally Matured".
haha, will be interesting to see. Shump will opt in given he has barely played and no doubt the draft is the biggest factor here.

Hezonja in FA will also be a factor. Coach will consider it no doubt