Blow It Up

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Everyone gone. This team is terrible. The whole team. I’d do much rather be doing what the Rockets or any other terrible team are doing than constantly trotting out this group in a futile attempt to lose in the play-in.

It’s all good though. We’ll pick 11, do nothing else and pretend next season is the one where we ascend to the almighty 10 seed.

Smh fml being born into the fandom of this team

Just think....all of this would have been avoided had Vlade just made the most OBVIOUS lottery pick of all time.....but, no, the ONE time he didn't draft the unathletic white Euro player, the guy becomes an instant superstar.
Vivek should go after Presti.

Vivek will not allow this. Those of you who are begging for this will end up only miserable. To help ease the pain, show more apathy. The history books await at the conclusion of this season.
This.
I have no faith that Vivek will ever run a winning team. It starts at the top and while I appreciate his role in helping the team stay….his gross mismanagement of the team has led us to where we are today with no end to losing in sight. Congrats Vivek, after 35 years of Kings fandom, you broke me.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This.
I have no faith that Vivek will ever run a winning team. It starts at the top and while I appreciate his role in helping the team stay….his gross mismanagement of the team has led us to where we are today with no end to losing in sight. Congrats Vivek, after 35 years of Kings fandom, you broke me.
I'd imagine that a lot of posters on here have been broken by the Kings and the only reason they remain around and participate in these forums is because it's a way to vent and get a kick out of the comments

I’ve been a Kings fan a long time, since elementary school. One of my favorite teams as a kid was the Brian Grant, Michael the Animal Smith teams that pre-dated the golden generation by a few years. That team laid the groundwork for those glory years. Even if a 180 pivot is not on the table, this team needs to do a 90 degree turn towards something like those Brian Grant led teams.

Everyone gone. This team is terrible. The whole team. I’d do much rather be doing what the Rockets or any other terrible team are doing than constantly trotting out this group in a futile attempt to lose in the play-in.

It’s all good though. We’ll pick 11, do nothing else and pretend next season is the one where we ascend to the almighty 10 seed.

Up to this point, I’ve resisted what I thought might be a rash urge to blow up this mediocre Kings roster with the hope that somehow it could be salvaged. After thoughtful deliberation, I’ve concluded that the “core” of this team will always be sub-par. It’s time for the FO to get what it can in return for its “assets” and seek a new direction. I’m down for keeping Holmes and our last 2 1st round draft picks. Everyone else should be expendable. It’s infuriating to watch this current squad of chumps and pretend that it’s ever going to be anything other than pathetic.

Unfortunately I don’t think Vivek approves a rebuild until at least the end of next season. After around 10 years of seeing how this guy operates and how stubborn he is I just don’t think he pulls the plug yet. I’m sure he just thinks the back court of Fox and Haliburton needs more time to develop chemistry and Mitchell just needs a full season under his belt to really start contributing. While we wait for that I personally look forward to the arena being at sub 50% attendance next year and the look on Viveks face when he realizes he somehow managed to break the spirit of the most ride or die fanbase in the NBA purely by his own incompetence.

Unfortunately I don’t think Vivek approves a rebuild until at least the end of next season. After around 10 years of seeing how this guy operates and how stubborn he is I just don’t think he pulls the plug yet. I’m sure he just thinks the back court of Fox and Haliburton needs more time to develop chemistry and Mitchell just needs a full season under his belt to really start contributing. While we wait for that I personally look forward to the arena being at sub 50% attendance next year and the look on Viveks face when he realizes he somehow managed to break the spirit of the most ride or die fanbase in the NBA purely by his own incompetence.
Are we certain that moves can only be made with Vivek's blessing? I would have to imagine that a move will definitely be made by the trade deadline.

What?! Louis King isn't latest savior Kings fans salivating to cheer for wildly. Just like another savior, the immortal Donte Green or incomparable Justin Williams or... (insert mediocre, meaningless, laughable fan favorite from the past). Yes, blow it all sky high or just sit around and enjoy mediocrity for another decade.

I think there is a big identity issue with this team.

This goes back to Monte not picking his coach, and still not picking his coach.

Looking at this roster I see basically one strength and that's speed.

In half court the pick and roll game. That's it.

On defense all I could probably see is again using quickness and just swarming the hell out of teams.

Otherwise there's not enough versatility and they're too small on the boards.

I think not maximizing these strengths (it is what it is) is setting up for massive failure.

The weaknesses are just too large to get away with doing anything else.

And if Gentry isn't the guy to get the guys playing the way Monte wants, Monte needs to win this next coach search.

I predict Barnes, Buddy, and Fox will be shopped aggressively. Got to part ways with players who are used to losing and have trade value. Regarding Barnes: He is playing the best ball of his career and is 29. He isn't gaining trade value from here.

Last edited:

Blowing it up to then reload the roster with another bad team doesn’t seem logical.

Let’s face it. This franchise is cursed. It doesn’t matter who is in charge. It doesn’t matter who is on the roster. More poor decisions will be made than good. And in the unlikelihood that they get something significant right, the basketball gods intervene and ensure luck doesn’t go the way of the KINGS. Look no further than GM6 in 2002.

Even when the KINGS do it right, it lasts as long as a shooting star and ends up in flames.

It’s time we accept what is and what will always be.

Are we certain that moves can only be made with Vivek's blessing? I would have to imagine that a move will definitely be made by the trade deadline.
Yes, it is mandatory. If you’ve heard Ham and Cunninghams podcast, everything has to go through Vivek who micromanaged EVERYTHING. I haven’t just been pulling out of my A** that we need to get into Viveks head for no reason. We gotta somehow tell him to stop meddling. The guy had to get convinced out of picking DC as head coach man, I was like ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME

Even if you blow it up, who's gonna put it back together? Well, the same FO that has shat the bed the last 15 years. Vivek is the Daniel Snyder of the NBA. I just really truly feel sorry for kings fans. They don't deserve this shat sandwich.

Should have happened last all star break heading into a deep draft. But when that didn’t occur Monte should have moved Fox for Simmons after he watched Mitchell in summer league and resigned Davis.

But to go into the season without length or proven shooting at the NBA level and say you have a roster that could compete and that Davion could guard small forwards was as dumb as anything Vlade said.

Up to this point, I’ve resisted what I thought might be a rash urge to blow up this mediocre Kings roster with the hope that somehow it could be salvaged. After thoughtful deliberation, I’ve concluded that the “core” of this team will always be sub-par. It’s time for the FO to get what it can in return for its “assets” and seek a new direction. I’m down for keeping Holmes and our last 2 1st round draft picks. Everyone else should be expendable. It’s infuriating to watch this current squad of chumps and pretend that it’s ever going to be anything other than pathetic.
I pretty much agree to keep Holmes, Hali, and Mitchell, and trade the rest. Maybe keep Fox too?
It’s very sad to think of trading so many players. Then we could watch them excel on other teams. The biggest losses would be Buddy and Barnes.
But then our new players would probably lose a lot too, a frustrating night. All teams lose games, but this Laker game was embarrassing.