Blow It Up

Or it could just be the sixers wanting too much. We’ve all seen the rumors of what else they’ve turned down or wanted just for simmons. Morey is delusional. Our almost allstar in some eyes and scrub in others eyes can’t get a multiple allstar straight up. Anyone really surprised? What do you expect monte to do next? Keep what you got, build around it and hope they get better or trade him pennies on the dollar?
I'd expect him to rebuild the team. That is his job after all.

Was watching TNT basketball tonight and they showed Terence Davis shimmying before shooting a 3 AND missing it?

And chuck, “it’s the kings!” While laughing. How embarrassing……..
The Kings likely do that in the locker room before every game. Like before the Pistons game, the shimmy dance accompanied a chant of we’re going to score 131and will blow out these sh*tty Pistons! Let’s run them outta building!

I'd expect him to rebuild the team. That is his job after all.
Well I’d expect him to rebuild the team intelligently and not trade our best player for less than he’s worth or make trades just to make trades. I don’t want another Luke/gentry fiasco. Fire Luke cuz that’s what everyone wants and not have a good coach lined up to replace him. Stuff like that happens when you make a move just to make a move or cuz you’re pressured to do it.

Still think the Kings will make a major trade after listening to CD’s show this morning. Good to get some new data points concerning Monte, that he’s one of the lowest paid GMs in the league, other GMs know it, and that he’s unproven. Aligns with my Middle Manager Monte rating thus far for him. That seat is getting hot. He fails to make a major move, dude is gone by this time next year. Tick tock.

Maybe so. But Harden, Westbrook, Howard, Chris Paul, Carmelo, and others have been traded, sometimes multiple times.

Acting like all we need is a top 3 pick and we are golden is equally wrong. Bagley shows us that for a nice recent example.
top 3 pick certainly wouldn’t hurt though lol.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Still think the Kings will make a major trade after listening to CD’s show this morning. Good to get some new data points concerning Monte, that he’s one of the lowest paid GMs in the league, other GMs know it, and that he’s unproven. Aligns with my Middle Manager Monte rating thus far for him. That seat is getting hot. He fails to make a major move, dude is gone by this time next year. Tick tock.
Also aligns with my Vivek is a horrible owner and we'll always suck until he sells ownership rating.

Yeesh. Hopefully after Monte is fired, Vivek's son embraces tanking when he takes over as GM.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also aligns with my Vivek is a horrible owner and we'll always suck until he sells ownership rating.

Yeesh. Hopefully after Monte is fired, Vivek's son embraces tanking when he takes over as GM.
I can’t wait until Vivek’s son acquires Russell Westbrook!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I can’t wait until Vivek’s son acquires Russell Westbrook!!!
And then Kings PR can roll out a triple double watch to rival the excitement of the 20/5/5 Tyreke ROY campaign!

Who needs playoffs?! Not this franchise, obviously!

Even funnier would be Vivek's son taking over in a blatant act of nepotism, only to completely knock it out of the park and get us in contention within two offseasons.

And replaced with who? The previous two GMs Vivek hired were even worse.

I could see this.

Dumars did great work with the Pistons like.... 20 years ago. Is he a student of the modern game, or a dinosaur like Vlade? Hopefully we don't have to find out!
Sure, he brought Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Sheed together but the decisions he made after that put the team in a 10 year death spiral that they still haven't recovered from. The contract he gave Josh Smith has got to be in the running for the worst NBA contract of all time (adjusted for inflation). He was so bad that he got bought out midway through year 2 of a 4 year deal and the Pistons were still paying him until just over a year ago. And of course everyone knows about Darko.

What does his salary have to do with anything?

gunks

Hall of Famer
What does his salary have to do with anything?
I'd say it implies that ownership isn't willing to spend money on GM talent, which would explain why this team has been garbage for so long.

Masai Ujiri ain't walking through that door.

This is why I always find myself arguing with the "fire Monte" crowd. It's not that I think we're currently in good hands so much as a belief that the next guy we get won't be any better.

I'd say it implies that ownership isn't willing to spend money on GM talent, which would explain why this team has been garbage for so long.

Masai Ujiri ain't walking through that door.

This is why I always find myself arguing with the "fire Monte" crowd. It's not that I think we're currently in good hands so much as a belief that the next guy we get won't be any better.
well yeah the candidates who can command higher salaries aren’t coming to Sacramento so why should a first time GM at the least desirable job get paid higher than average? That doesn’t change competency or anything since what 2 or 3 first time GMs get hired per year? Still the pinnacle of the field

ive been anti-Vivek since forever but spending has never been the weak spot and I don’t think it’s really noteworthy here. It’s not like the franchise cheaped out and lowballed anyone it just seems like the fair value of the gig

Sure, he brought Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Sheed together but the decisions he made after that put the team in a 10 year death spiral that they still haven't recovered from. The contract he gave Josh Smith has got to be in the running for the worst NBA contract of all time (adjusted for inflation). He was so bad that he got bought out midway through year 2 of a 4 year deal and the Pistons were still paying him until just over a year ago. And of course everyone knows about Darko.
So far, dudes a one hit wonder.

And so far they've dunked his head in the toilet at lunch time more than once.

The Kings don't have a choice. They have to dominate the draft if they ever want to be a playoff team. The greatest FA signing in the last 20 years is Harrison Barnes for goodness sake. And you're only acquiring good trade capital through drafting well, so the other 2 phases are directly correlated to what happens in the draft.

The Grizzlies are never getting a Ja Morant talent outside of the draft. The Cavs are never getting an Evan Mobley outside the draft. The Hornets are never getting a LaMelo Ball. The Bucks are never getting another Giannis outside the draft. That's just the reality for the non-LA/NYK/Miami markets. You have no chance if you aren't a top 5-10 drafting organization.
how has anybody in this forum not figure that out yet? Lol. Our best chance has always been the draft. At the same time though, as long Vivek is meddling the same trash is gonna happen anyway

And so far they've dunked his head in the toilet at lunch time more than once.
I actually respect Monte more for taking less salary than market value to get the experience. Dude is betting on himself, Hence why I haven’t gone into a full anti-Monte campaign…yet. For our sake, I hope he shows his first chair mettle very soon.

Buddy has to have like, zero trade value after his season so far right?

Damn that Lebron for nixing the Buddy for Kuz trade!
It’s kind of the problem with assembling a roster that doesn’t fit. The players look like crap and you struggle to make a trade for value.

After having Vlade who cared too much about fit and Monte that doesn’t care at all….. is it too much to ask to get a GM that ascribes a proper balance????

It’s kind of the problem with assembling a roster that doesn’t fit. The players look like crap and you struggle to make a trade for value.

After having Vlade who cared too much about fit and Monte that doesn’t care at all….. is it too much to ask to get a GM that ascribes a proper balance????
It is Monte created this clog of guards in the first place. I hope he shows some competency in trade deadline and do something meaningful.