Blow It Up

I read your question as do I think McNair has the stomach to carry it through. Re-read it. My answer was in regards to McNair.

As for Vivek, I don’t know. I do know he ain’t hurting for money with his PE and Venture side gigs. And the make up of the ownership group is changing from individuals to I think 10% PEs now. Money won’t be a big issue for him or the PEs, who usually have a 5 to 10 year (or longer) horizon. So maybe.
That is fair enough. I understood your answer just didn't know why you brought up McNair. I was talking in context of Vivek. I reread my question. Easy enough to think I was talking about the "Official" decision maker according to title. My bad.

Philly has clearly been a top 7-8 team the last 4 NBA season. But somehow that's worse than our situation? Because they "dishonorably" tanked for Simmons/Embiid?
Lets forget about the other draft picks sixers missed on during this whole process. They got lucky with embied and now they're genius? Most the key people on that team sixes didn't even draft. They are literally creating a star in there pg now. And it's because they made it to playoffs. Not that they won championship. They made it to offs now they are expected to go to offs. Culture building at old finest. Lwts get to playoffs

Why do the choices have to be sixers or kings situations? I’d much rather be like the bucks last year, or the raptors 2 years ago or warriors the years before that. This argument is so tiresome. Both sides have points but no one is completely right. The only thing that matters is having a good front office that knows what they’re doing. Otherwise you have plenty of top picks but choosing nothing busts or having a mediocre team with lousy draft positions and still picking busts and let sliding all stars slip by you. So great. Both sides are right. Having a lot of high picks gives you the best odds of drafting an all star but doesn’t guarantee it. Also you can get all stars/generational talent without having to tank but there’s a chance that talent might get picked by a team with a better draft position. The problem is both your examples suck. Kings haven’t made the playoffs in like 15 years and sixers haven’t even gone to the finals and now only have 1 of their great top draft picks left playing for them. So actually maybe both sides of this argument are wrong.

Cam Reddish has been one of the worst players in the league the last 2 years. Yes he's young and could grow into something but it's a reflection of just how terrible our wing depth is that Kings fans would actually be upset that another team traded a first round pick for him. He's a guy you take a flyer on as a free agent when his contract expires in a year because he's cheap and might fit a need. And maybe by year 4 or 5 he'll be shooting better than 40% overall.
Reddish would have been such a stupid a** trade for a FRP. I would have cancelled my season tickets for sure

Why do the choices have to be sixers or kings situations? I’d much rather be like the bucks last year, or the raptors 2 years ago or warriors the years before that. This argument is so tiresome. Both sides have points but no one is completely right. The only thing that matters is having a good front office that knows what they’re doing. Otherwise you have plenty of top picks but choosing nothing busts or having a mediocre team with lousy draft positions and still picking busts and let sliding all stars slip by you. So great. Both sides are right. Having a lot of high picks gives you the best odds of drafting an all star but doesn’t guarantee it. Also you can get all stars/generational talent without having to tank but there’s a chance that talent might get picked by a team with a better draft position. The problem is both your examples suck. Kings haven’t made the playoffs in like 15 years and sixers haven’t even gone to the finals and now only have 1 of their great top draft picks left playing for them. So actually maybe both sides of this argument are wrong.
If you really think about it, the only two small market teams that have won a championship that we are all clamoring for are San Antonio (weird to say they are small market considering they are the 7th most populated city in the US) and the Milwaukee Bucks (a true small market).

One got there with a #1 pick, a mid first rounder and a second rounder as the core and a really great coach. The other got there with a mid first rounder a second rounder and a guy they traded for as the core.

In other words, draft, trade, develop and coach well and you can get there even if the paths vary.

Lets forget about the other draft picks sixers missed on during this whole process. They got lucky with embied and now they're genius? Most the key people on that team sixes didn't even draft. They are literally creating a star in there pg now. And it's because they made it to playoffs. Not that they won championship. They made it to offs now they are expected to go to offs. Culture building at old finest. Lwts get to playoffs
That's literally the point. Everyone is bad at drafting and talent evaluation. That's why you take Embiid when he doesn't fit with Nerlens Noel or Jahlil Okafor. You keep taking shots until you have a real difference maker (or 2) that you can build a title contender around. (They had a serious eye for cheap talent btw. Richaun Holmes, Robert Covington, Jerami Grant, T.J. McConnel, Christian Wood were all on that 10 win team. JaKarr Sampson, Ish Smith are still around on benches)

And btw, this just doesn't apply to top 5 picks, but the entire youth developmental program. Prioritize getting more first round talent. Use your cap space when your bad to take FRP when contenders need to dump cash. Be the 3rd team (I.E Cavs taking Jarrett Allen for free) to facilitate trades. Develop your 2nd round picks. Find the Dray/Brogdon/Jokic that drastically change the fortune of your franchise for no capital investment. Hell, this rookie class has already seen Herb Jones (someone me and @kb02 were clamoring for in the draft) show starter quality skills already and real upside wing defense.

This imo has been the Kings biggest weakness the last 15 years. They get 1 or 2 exciting young players and then they're done developing youth. They try to build around those/that young guy with middling in their prime vets and the result is we aren't talented enough to get over 39 wins.

Cam Reddish has been one of the worst players in the league the last 2 years. Yes he's young and could grow into something but it's a reflection of just how terrible our wing depth is that Kings fans would actually be upset that another team traded a first round pick for him. He's a guy you take a flyer on as a free agent when his contract expires in a year because he's cheap and might fit a need. And maybe by year 4 or 5 he'll be shooting better than 40% overall.
Yup lol just another Jabari Parker

Amick: "Oh, I think they for sure might. I would be stunned if they didn't make a big trade. You know, it's weird to see people casually talking, you know, people of influence casually talking about like, yeah De'Aaron's in discussions, ya know, not telling teams to not talk about De'Aaron. Haliburton's a different one. It's not that he's untouchable. It's more like if he gets a deal over the finish line, and it's an incredible deal, maybe he ends up being...the idea being in general that no one is untouchable is new"

As it should be. Fox is the most likely to go. Hali only if its something spectacular.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/nb...ers-ben-simmons-domantas-sabonis-deaaron-fox/

If you could find a way to pair PJ with Sabonis, I'd be more on board there. Lets you keep Sabonis where he needs to be at the 5, but you still get some of the rim protection you got from Turner and much better spacing.

Mitchell
Hali
Barnes
PJ
Sabonis

is extremely high IQ with tons of playmaking, great spacing and a big upgrade on defense.

Chris Haynes said on the Deuce and Mo podcast that Fox was told by management the plan is to build around him. Doesn’t mean that plan can’t change of course.

He also asked management to tell him first if he is traded. He doesn’t want to find out via social media.

Chris Haynes said on the Deuce and Mo podcast that Fox was told by management the plan is to build around him. Doesn’t mean that plan can’t change of course.

He also asked management to tell him first if he is traded. He doesn’t want to find out via social media.
As long as it doesn't include Hali, I'm good with whatever they do/use to grab a Sabonis/Simmons. Get those 3, figure out the rest of the slots later.

Sorry Fox, you're probably going to find out on social media that you were traded but the other team found a better deal last minute so you're back! haha.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We shall see but this hasn't been Monte's MO so far. This will the new "I had a better deal two days ago" so no major move was made because unlike Vlade, he wants full value.
So...we're supposed to trade away our players for less than they are worth? This does not seem to be a wise strategy, especially for a team that has trouble attracting free agents.

We shall see but this hasn't been Monte's MO so far. This will the new "I had a better deal two days ago" so no major move was made because unlike Vlade, he wants full value. lol. Even though someone who was practically traded AGAIN gets to come back angry.
I think there is a 3/1 chance that Fox is traded. There’s just too much smoke, including Fox saying he wants to know about a trade first. From an earlier post today:

Amick: "Oh, I think they for sure might. I would be stunned if they didn't make a big trade. You know, it's weird to see people casually talking, you know, people of influence casually talking about like, yeah De'Aaron's in discussions, ya know, not telling teams to not talk about De'Aaron. Haliburton's a different one. It's not that he's untouchable. It's more like if he gets a deal over the finish line, and it's an incredible deal, maybe he ends up being...the idea being in general that no one is untouchable is new"

Tick. Tock.