Kings reach agreement w/Bjelica 3yrs/$20.5M

Vlade reaching out to Bjelica? What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has to be coming down the pipeline though. Bjelicia can play some SF in a pinch, but he's about as obvious of a stretch 4 as their is in the NBA

Bagley || Bjelica
Giles || Skal

I can get behind that as our big men rolling into the year. ZBO, WCS, Kosta got to find a home though

He is spending a lot of time on the court with BOTH Taj Gibson and KAT in this video clip.
He basically took over SF for Jimmy Butler when he went down with injury last season.

Don't remember how he did defensively there though. We must think he can flex to the 3 confidently because there's seriously just no room as currently constructed in the front-court.

To use our cap space, we have to renounce the MLE.
OK I thought the MLE could be used after you use all your cap space

I thought the MLE could be used to sign players after you reach the Total Cap , so you can exceed the cap

Stretch Davis or Ben, offer sheet to Clint 100 mil, then use MLE to sign Bjelica to 3 yrs 18mil total

Would probably be a good signing since it would help Fox finally having some space on the floor. As long as the contract is team friendly and doesnt affect us getting 1st round pick for renting out space, I'm all for it.

Also he is not the answer at 3. He is effective as a strech 4. What makes him effective is that he is a great shooter at a 4 position, meaning the team can play 4out-1in offense and it combined with his above average shooting ability in his position, the offense will be better.

Also he can do some creating with the ball in his hands but its a lot more effective when he a)plays the 4 and is defended by opposing 4 and b)when the floor is spaced with only one non shooting big.

He can play some minutes at 3 but imo he clearly is more effective when playing the 4. Would be questionable to finally get a stretch 4 and play him as a 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.