Bjeli traded to Miami

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We desperately needed more legit NBA wing players on our roster and Bjelica was going to be gone in 2 months anyway. If you look at our past history with second round picks, taking a look at Harkless to potentially fill a need for a full-size wing who can occasionally knock down shots and hold their own on defense is probably worth more than a pick in the 40-50 range anyway.

Bjelica is much more than a no defense player that just stretches the floor. The metrics have always had him as one of the Kings top players until this year. He's fallen off quite a bit this year.

I think people undervalued his ability to play winning basketball but overvalued his value in the market. I wasn't expecting anything more than the 50th pick in the draft so I don't see this as some sort of fleecing.

I think this is a net zero trade kn the face of it. Mo has been a solid defensive player in the past who shoots a decent percentage from 3. But he is no world breaker. He isnt as good a Bjeli in any facet exceot defense... Which is the main issue the kings have. He will definitely get more playing time with the kings than he has in miami and the good news is he is an expiring contract. Silva is on a team option next year. Both have the next few months to play themselves into a contract, but if they dont tye kings only gave up a piece that they already determined wasnt going to help them or be part of their future. So they still save the same money (or more). And frankly, i dont get the concept of hording seconds. Yes there are some great players who were second rounders, but they're very few and far between. Furthermore, they owe it to him tinsend him somewhere that he can play, contribute, and win. He has been a consummate professional.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
sad day for me, but time to move on.
i just hoped we'll get something better in return.

all the best in the heat...
I think the consolation here for Bjelica fans is that he's going to an excellent organization with a great coach and a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. The bad news is he also has to dress like this at least 20% of the time... o_O