bibby and adelman's reaction

piksi said:
he did not die - he just changed the employer.

If they are /were good friend - that does not have to change.
I think that is just the way Bibby talks. I didn't recheck it but I may have misquoted and he could have said "was" and I just changed it to were. I didn't put in all his slang because it looked funny to me written down =)

ash24 said:
I had class so I taped the TNT pregame and here are the transcripts of Bibby's, Adelman's, and AI's comments:

Bibby: We were real good friends and you know it hit hard. He called me last night and we went and talked. A couple of us were in the room talking last night for a while and you know it was just tough. No one seen it coming and we had no idea.

Adelman: It was a very difficult situation. I mean, w,e have had 6 and ½ great years, great experiences. You know I know everybody talks about winning a championship and everything else but you can’t have a better experience other than winning a championship than I’ve had, and Chris has been a major part of that. (Said in a caption under Adelman that he informed Webber of the trade)

Iverson: Yeah, I talked to him that same night. He just told me that he spoke to Billy and he’s coming in and he already know that this is my team and he don’t have a problem with that all he want to do is what he has to do to make this team better and prove a lot of people wrong that thought his game was over.
^^thanks

yeah i think bibby and webb ARE definitely still very good friends. bibby just talks that way, maybe. i oftentimes use "are" instead of "were", and vice versa, without knowing it's the wrong word to use.

Mindless talk on my part, but I heard Mike, Rick and Brad talk, and they didn't sound like this. Or should I say Peja didn't sound like them :/.
---------------------------------------
G-man: What was you reaction initally last evening that you heard this deal was taking place, that Chris Webber along with Matt Barnes and Micheal Bradley were leaving the team?

Peja: It was surprising. Its just happened and don't think nobody really expected. My name was thrown out the last couple of days so I was kind of thinking I might be traded. But in this business you never know. Espescially when you have a guy who has been our best player for so many years and huge thing in Kings history. We're going to miss him. I wish him all the best but this is the group of guys we have right now and the three guys we have coming from Philly, and we have to figure out how we are going to play together, how we are going to win games, how we are going to get to the playoffs, so its going to be different.

G-man: You said in the past that maybe change would be best for the organization, the best for you...you are still with this organzation, do you think this was a positive move?

Peja: Well this is something that the organization decide to do with this team. First they let Vlade go , trade Doug and now they trade Chris. The players are not in control our job is to step on the corut and play baskteball-whoever is on the team. For right now, for this season we know whats the team and we just have-all of us have to raise out level of playing. But first of all all of us have to get healthy and get back to the team and then just do more things that we've done in the past as individuals and try to get some wins.

....Says the injury is still tender, stiff and day to day. Doesn't want to reinjure himself but hopes to be back this roadtrip.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Wait a sec-- how many grad schools are you planning to attend Hndsm? ;)
Finishing my MA now, PhD is next. You know the drill apply to 5 or so and thake the best offer... With some luck it will be Iowa, with a little less luck Pitt, Last resort is Georgia.

HndsmCelt said:
Finishing my MA now, PhD is next. You know the drill apply to 5 or so and thake the best offer... With some luck it will be Iowa, with a little less luck Pitt, Last resort is Georgia.

lol, the drill for me is apply to 20. With luck i'll be in california, otherwise its off to Ohio or somewhere

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Pacboy said:
lol, the drill for me is apply to 20. With luck i'll be in california, otherwise its off to Ohio or somewhere
CA is nice hope to be back here in 3 years! There is a const constraint on apps here and a diminishing return after about 5.

Elston Turner was on the radio and just basically said he doesn't know what to say, give him a month to look back. When asked the new players his response was sort of like "What do we do with these guys?" and "someone might not get playing time and be upset about it".

R

romanianusa

Why would the coach look stunned or GM look like they're crying when they're the ones that traded Chris. Stupid.

they had a bjax snippet on tnt as well. he said he'd talked to chris and chris said that he didn't want to play them on saturday(emotions still high and everything); but he told him he had to do what he had to do.

romanianusa said:
Why would the coach look stunned or GM look like they're crying when they're the ones that traded Chris. Stupid.
RA didn't trade Chris, so let's get that out the way right now.

How do you tell a player, one that you relayed your thoughts and fears about the team for 6+ years, that they have just been traded to Philly?

I'm having a hard time just convincing my damn self that this happened, so it's only a fraction of what Adelman may have felt upon telling Chris.

As a GM, your job is to put the team's interest at heart first, but it doesn't mean that he has no emotional attachment to the players invovled. Especially one who helped turnaround a franchise

As far as Bibby is concerned, I don't think he meant "were friends" as in they're not friends anymore. Just the dynamics of being two extremely close teammates. I always got the sense of them having a big brother/little brother type of friendship. I'm actually happy that I didn't tape his reaction, already too emotional as it is. For a man that has an assassin mentality on court, Mike's pretty readable without saying a word otherwise.

and we have to figure out how we are going to play together, how we are going to win games, how we are going to get to the playoffs
everyone has been mentioning this line...and im just now getting to read it in its original context

maybe Peja meant to say "....how we are going to get through the playoffs" but either way...i really don't think it was meant in the way that a lot of people are conveying it to be

funsc...i BELIEVE that someone mentioned some of Brads comments on the first page...if not then they are said in one of these threads...they are somewhere