Basketball IQ

The special ones yes(LeBron, Magic, Bird, Nash, Kidd, Curry, Kobe etc). There's a certain amount you can improve by just logging in hour after hour but every guy comes in with a natural baseline. You can't tell me Ben Mclemore(one of the lowest basketball IQ's I've ever seen at the NBA level) can ever become a high IQ basketball player. Hell even look at our franchise, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac are some of the highest IQ big men in NBA history. They both came into the league with a high baseline level, sure they had to work out some kinks and adjust to the NBA but the high IQ was there from the beginning. DeMarcus Cousins, dude was making high level reads as a rookie, it took him a couple years to work out what he needed to do to dominate but as a big man you could see right away he was a high level passer naturally.
Ah, thanks. I think I get what you guys really mean then.

Hey, a couple of lackluster showings in a few Summer League games after minimal practice is enough to invalidate everything we already knew about him, right?

Fact of the matter is, if anybody is our superstar, it is almost certainly Marvin Bagley. For all the talent Giles has, he probably will not have the long-term health to be that guy. Fox is ridiculously quick, but doesn't have the shooting stroke or passing instinct to get to that level. Hield is a sharpshooter, but a role player. Bogdan is a guard-of-all-trades, but again not the guy you game-plan against. We don't have a 2019 pick. For the next two years, Marvin Bagley is the guy we have to hitch our wagon to. He has been nothing but great at every level thus far. Maybe he doesn't pan out, but if you don't believe in Bagley, there's not much reason to watch the Kings for the next couple of years.
I both agree with most of what you wrote and don’t believe in Bagley

Hey, a couple of lackluster showings in a few Summer League games after minimal practice is enough to invalidate everything we already knew about him, right?

Fact of the matter is, if anybody is our superstar, it is almost certainly Marvin Bagley. For all the talent Giles has, he probably will not have the long-term health to be that guy. Fox is ridiculously quick, but doesn't have the shooting stroke or passing instinct to get to that level. Hield is a sharpshooter, but a role player. Bogdan is a guard-of-all-trades, but again not the guy you game-plan against. We don't have a 2019 pick. For the next two years, Marvin Bagley is the guy we have to hitch our wagon to. He has been nothing but great at every level thus far. Maybe he doesn't pan out, but if you don't believe in Bagley, there's not much reason to watch the Kings for the next couple of years.
I don’t agree with the Bagley part. Fox and Giles have just as much potential as him and I belive both have more potential and Buddy will be a very good 2 or preferably 3rd option. Bagley doesn’t have to be a star for us to make the playoffs

Also the health or Giles getting hurt again is overblown. Weren’t his injuries by contact and not no contact which means he’s not made of glass just bad luck

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Also the health or Giles getting hurt again is overblown. Weren’t his injuries by contact and not no contact which means he’s not made of glass just bad luck
It is true that Giles' injuries were both contact injuries, and that's better than the "made-of-glass" scenario. But, it's also true that both of his knees have been rebuilt and we don't know how they will hold up. I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances, but his health is a bigger dice roll than the health of someone who has never been injured.

It is true that Giles' injuries were both contact injuries, and that's better than the "made-of-glass" scenario. But, it's also true that both of his knees have been rebuilt and we don't know how they will hold up. I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances, but his health is a bigger dice roll than the health of someone who has never been injured.
True but people are acting like he’s bound to get hurt, until he actually gets hurt again his injuries will not effect my view in his future.

The potential for Bagley to break out as a big star is definitely there. He has all the tools and unlike some other bigs on the roster he seems to have the drive and big motor to go with it.

It is way too early to discount 5-6 other talented Kings' players.