Bash Grant Napear - February 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Grant said this team isn't tanking?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's my fear. I've seen enough Dave Joerger in Memphis and in Sac to know if some of the middling vets are still on his roster sheet that they'll be getting all the minutes. Talk about a stick in the mud. The Kings imminent future just walked out the door, making the playoffs now means nothing because there is nothing sustainable there short term unless your long term pieces are leading the way.

Grant said this team isn't tanking?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
This should be its own thread but one of the major problems with this organization is that the Play by Play guy has such a huge voice across the fan base and has too much of an influence on the Organization.

The person that needs to shipped out is Grant. Tired of this guy constantly being wrong and not owning up to it. He is a major part of the disfunctionful organization. Hes a broadcaster not an expert on personnel! Stay in your lane or GTFO.

Did we really choose Grant over Cousins? #kangz

This should be its own thread but one of the major problems with this organization is that the Play by Play guy has such a huge voice across the fan base and has too much of an influence on the Organization.

The person that needs to shipped out is Grant. Tired of this guy constantly being wrong and not owning up to it. He is a major part of the disfunctionful organization. Hes a broadcaster not an expert on personnel! Stay in your lane or GTFO.

Did we really choose Grant over Cousins? #kangz
^^This.

Been saying this for years.

^^This.

Been saying this for years.
On another note props to Dave for being a fan first and trashing this organization. He sees Vivek for what he truely is and not what he attempts to portray himself as. It takes guts to go after basically your employer but Dave has seen how we have been played before and just like us he can see the signs from a mile away. Even though Dave has been honest I still think hes holding back some but for fans who are use to a mouthpiece shill spewing garbage at us and insulting our intelligence because "hes around the team" Dave is a breath of fresh air and the only true voice of kings fans.

On another note props to Dave for being a fan first and trashing this organization. He sees Vivek for what he truely is and not what he attempts to portray himself as. It takes guts to go after basically your employer but Dave has seen how we have been played before and just like us he can see the signs from a mile away. Even though Dave has been honest I still think hes holding back some but for fans who are use to a mouthpiece shill spewing garbage at us and insulting our intelligence because "hes around the team" Dave is a breath of fresh air and the only true voice of kings fans.
Oh did he do that on the show today? Haven't listened yet. Can you summarize briefly?

Dave knows who butters his bread. It's NOT his employers. It's the fans. Dave could run a solo sports blog/show and do great.

Oh did he do that on the show today? Haven't listened yet. Can you summarize briefly?

Dave knows who butters his bread. It's NOT his employers. It's the fans. Dave could run a solo sports blog/show and do great.
I dont listen to KHTK but from what I heard and have seen on Daves twitter he is definately questioning the Kings org as a whole, a breath of fresh air for the intelligent fans.

other Grant "great moments" before he hung up on me:

Me: The draft pick is going to be something like 13-17.
Grant: you are assuming they make the playoffs. That is no guarantee. That pick is just as likely in the 6-8 range.
Me: you think they won't make the playoffs?
Grant: we have no way of knowing.

Grant: they aren't tanking.
Me: well that is stupid. If they fail to finish bottom 10 and lose their own pick, then this is an even bigger disaster. The only way to salvage this now is to save your pick.
Grant: (sarcasm) oh yeah, it'll be a big disaster if they win 30 games instead of 20.

Me: it makes no sense to add another two guard prospect when we already traded for one two guard prospect, drafted another, and have our best role player as a two guard.
Grant: Bogdanovic is s three. Everyone I have talked to says he is absolutely a three in the NBA.

The guy is just a tool.

Last edited:
Bogdanovic is simply not going to be a 3. If he is, he's not going to be a very good one.

Can you imagine him guarding Gay, Durant, George, Lebron etc? Even Barnes would have his way with him. He's simply not big enough despite what all the measurements say. If we have problems rebounding now, we're certainly going to have them if we have SG's lined up to play SF.

Bogdanovic is simply not going to be a 3. If he is, he's not going to be a very good one.

Can you imagine him guarding Gay, Durant, George, Lebron etc? Even Barnes would have his way with him. He's simply not big enough despite what all the measurements say. If we have problems rebounding now, we're certainly going to have them if we have SG's lined up to play SF.
But didn't you hear Grant? He's talked to "many" scouts who are "certain" Bogdanovic can be a 3. And Vlade said he can even play 4!

:eek: lol this crap is too good

other Grant "great moments" before he hung up on me:

Me: The draft pick is going to be something like 13-17.
Grant: you are assuming they make the playoffs. That is no guarantee. That pick is just as likely in the 6-8 range.
Me: you think they won't make the playoffs?
Grant: we have no way of knowing.

Grant: they aren't tanking.
Me: well that is stupid. If they fail to finish bottom 10 and lose their own pick, then this is an even bigger disaster. The only way to salvage this now is to save your pick.
Grant: (sarcasm) oh yeah, it'll be a big disaster if they win 30 games instead of 20.

Me: it makes no sense to add another two guard prospect when we already traded for one two guard prospect, drafted another, and have our best role player as a two guard.
Grant: Bogdanovic is s three. Everyone I have talked to says he is absolutely a three in the NBA.

The guy is just a tool.

So what did he say in that conversation that was untrue? Sounds more like you just don't like the fact that he was able to refute your opinions.

That's not a refuting. That's a bunch of company spin and feigned ignorance, or just outright ignorance. To go over it: Bogdan's red flag is his strength. That's why people think he needs to work in as a 2 guard. Pellies will be pushing for playoffs. That's just silly spin. Cousins and Davis +/- keep their teams alive. They can now let the other carry the load for a bit. Cousins helps the Pels close out games because he has the offensive skills Davis lacks, and Anthony can cover Cousins on defense. The Pels basically turned into the anti-Warriors that I've been clamoring for any other team to create. Their biggest question mark is Gentry and depth. And third, if the Kings aren't tanking then there's no point to the move. You do more by trying for the playoffs with Cousins. If you can get there, you can build up from there. The only evidence against a post-Cousins Kings is one singular game against Boston. The historical analytics say this team is set up to tank.

That's a refuting of Rain Man's points like "but the court is flat" is a refuting by Kyrie Irving of astrophysics.

Why is it the only local media hack these National sports shows get to talk about the Kings is Peaches Napear? He's currently on NBA Gametime selling the same tired BS about Cousins needing to leave Sacramento.

They can't ever interview Gary Gerould or Jerry Reynolds or Jason Jones? Can we get a fresh, more unbiased take from someone that actually knows a little about the sport? For a guy that's been announcing games for 30 years, it amazing how little he actually knows and understands.

So what did he say in that conversation that was untrue? Sounds more like you just don't like the fact that he was able to refute your opinions.
Lol. You are kidding, right? Like seriously, you are kidding??

The odds of the Pellies drafting 6 are nowhere near equal to the odds of them making the playoffs. They traded a guy who has been injured all year and a rookie barely in the rotation,for the best big in basketball. You cannot find anyone (but Grant) predicting they miss the playoffs or come really close. Finishing with the sixth pick would require a complete implosion that would have them play worse than they are currently. I suppose it could happen, but "just as likely" is BS. Also, it is a classic Grant tactic to make outlandish predictions on some issues, and then claim that he can't make any prediction on other issues (or when he gets challenged) because he doesn't have a crystal ball.

Second- the worst possible fate is to make the playoffs this year now that we have traded Boogie. Part of the consideration for the trade was saving our draft pick asset, and acquiring new assets. The trade basically got us Hield, got us the Pellies pick, and saved our pick. To give up Boogie without saving that asset makes this train wreck even worse. Put differently- we could have kept boogie as an asset, fought for the playoffs, and lost the draft pick. To trade him and not keep the pick loses 1/3 of what we got in the trade (and probably the most valuable 1/3). Again- Classic Grant to ignore that actual issue, sarcastically create a straw man argument, hang up on you before you can answer, discredit the straw man after he boots you from the airwaves, and then say goodbye to you when he is done (45 seconds after he hung up on you, as though you were on the whole time, but hung up at the end because you had no comeback)

Watch Bogdanovic play- he is not a three. Plain and simple. He has the build and athleticism of a taller Beno Udrih . Much better and more skilled than Brno, but similar physically. No one thinks he is a three. He is closer to a big 1 than a small 3. Ironically, Grant admitted he has "never" seen Bogdanovic play, but "everyone he talked to" (again, classic Grant tactic of suggesting that "everyone" who knows basketball believes something without naming one actual example) thinks he is a three. I have seen him play- that is no NBA three. He is a classic two who is going to struggle to defend several twos as it is.

Last edited:
Why is it the only local media hack these National sports shows get to talk about the Kings is Peaches Napear? He's currently on NBA Gametime selling the same tired BS about Cousins needing to leave Sacramento.

They can't ever interview Gary Gerould or Jerry Reynolds or Jason Jones? Can we get a fresh, more unbiased take from someone that actually knows a little about the sport? For a guy that's been announcing games for 30 years, it amazing how little he actually knows and understands.
Jones has had two interviews, as far as I know.

It's the same as any job. It's a matter of networking. Grant has networked his way into different spots. Jones has some connections elsewhere. Someone scrolls through their phone and finds their Kings contact.

Well if this team isn't tanking than they are even dumber than I thought (and I thought they are very very very very very very very dumb).

Right now tanking is the only way to cut the losses. At least they save the pick. Even if they finish with a worse record than Philadelphia and they swap the pick, they still have one. Better to swap the pick than having none.

But, knowing the Kings, I'm sure they will go on a hot streak and get close to a playoff spot, just to end up with the 12th or 13th pick, losing it to Chicago, while the Pelicans miss the playoff, get lucky and land the first pick. So Kangz.

Boycott his sponsors, write, call, KHTK plus Kings organization. Turn up the heat on powers that be to get rid of long ago wore out welcome here, New York City homer, arrogant Napear. Let advertisers know threatening boycott, ones regularly heard on stupid arse show - such as Sleep Train Mattress, Mr Motorhome, many others. I no longer listen anymore to Napear's know it all, rude, obnoxious diatribes to recall complete list for potential boycott - finally sending fed up unmistakable message.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Boycott his sponsors, write, call, KHTK plus Kings organization. Turn up the heat on powers that be to get rid of long ago wore out welcome here, New York City homer, arrogant Napear. Let advertisers know threatening boycott, ones regularly heard on stupid arse show - such as Sleep Train Mattress, Mr Motorhome, many others. I no longer listen anymore to Napear's know it all, rude, obnoxious diatribes to recall complete list for potential boycott - to send finally fed up unmistakable message.

"****ing with your cash is the only thing you kids understand..."

Just playing the devil's advocate here as I truly don't know who's right and I won't know until this plays out...But playing the advocate, what about Grant's quote, "nobody wanted cousins or were willing to give up much to get him, what does that tell you?" or his other indirect quote of how "most players couldn't stand to play with him" and now he received messages from ex-players saying that this trade was a good move?".............. I honestly don't know as I've read good arguments both against the trade and good arguments for the trade........ Since I'm not a fly on the wall and I don't see what goes on in the clubhouse or what's said on the court, it's hard for me to know one way or the other.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Just playing the devil's advocate here as I truly don't know who's right and I won't know until this plays out...But playing the advocate, what about Grant's quote, "nobody wanted cousins or were willing to give up much to get him, what does that tell you?" or his other indirect quote of how "most players couldn't stand to play with him" and now he received messages from ex-players saying that this trade was a good move?".............. I honestly don't know as I've read good arguments both against the trade and good arguments for the trade........ Since I'm not a fly on the wall and I don't see what goes on in the clubhouse or what's said on the court, it's hard for me to know one way or the other.
The gd lakers just fired their gm for rejecting a Cousins trade, without clearing it with his boss; between that, and the fact that Divac admitted himself that he had a better offer three days ago, I am disinclined to believe Napear's assessment in that regard.

As to the rest, I don't see any reason to believe that, either. If so many of Cousins' ex-teammates had a problem playing with him, how come none of them are willing to put their name behind it? Hell, Nocioni was willing to put his name on it, when he spoke out about hating to play with Evans; how come nobody's willing to go on the record and say, "Yeah, I hated playing with Cousins!"

The gd lakers just fired their gm for rejecting a Cousins trade, without clearing it with his boss; between that, and the fact that Divac admitted himself that he had a better offer three days ago, I am disinclined to believe Napear's assessment in that regard.

As to the rest, I don't see any reason to believe that, either. If so many of Cousins' ex-teammates had a problem playing with him, how come none of them are willing to put their name behind it? Hell, Nocioni was willing to put his name on it, when he spoke out about hating to play with Evans; how come nobody's willing to go on the record and say, "Yeah, I hated playing with Cousins!"
regarding the ex-players, maybe they just don't want to be "named" as airing the dirty laundry, not sure.......

I think we will know ALOT by the final games of the season...We will have to see how well the ball flows, and see if the seem suddenly plays with new inspired energy and if it lasts. If that DOES happen, then we will know that the trade was probably a good thing.....

I do agree with others that have said you would never get "great value" for Cousin because teams weren't willing to bring him in on the chance that he may turn out to be a "cancer" for the team.......

but again, like I said, seeing how the ball flows and, the energy and the spirit of the team and it translates to wins will tell us alot regarding if Cousins should have been traded or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...I think we will know ALOT by the final games of the season...We will have to see how well the ball flows, and see if the seem suddenly plays with new inspired energy and if it lasts. If that DOES happen, then we will know that the trade was probably a good thing.....
Not necessarily. The guys left on the team are gonna play their hearts out, as evidenced by what both Anthony Tolliver and Garrett Temple have tweeted out. IN addition, the new guy is gonna want to show he's worth something. That doesn't mean the trade was a good thing. As so many have said so often, the sample size (in this case 25 games) isn't enough to prove much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.