Bagley taking shots at Joerger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Iffy timing, I think it definitely comes off as a passive aggressive jibe.

But even if it was intentional, I don't think it's worth getting in a tizzy over.

Hopefully there isn't more of this tonight after the Raps destroy us. Haha

Have a feeling this is/has turned into a bash Bagley/shoulda taken Luka thread
Nah.
I'm just pointing out some traits about Bagley's game no one talked about yet (maybe I missed some posts, I don't read on daily basis).
Grant all the time gets excited about his second jump, but he usually misses to point out Bagley gets the rebound after his own miss.
For example, Cousins used to do the same. Using other skills than Bagley to get that rebound.
Anyway, I'm more concerned about how many times he stops the ball to play iso basketball.
It's really good to have someone who can score in iso when the time is running out and nothing happened yet, but he stops the ball way too many times.
I think that's the main reason he's not getting more minutes.

It would be interesting to see the stat about the assist/minute for every single player on roster. I guess he'll be at the bottom.
Let's consider just the ones who play at least 10 minutes per game... I'm going out, tomorrow I'll check.

Last edited:
Bagley showed a lot of his character against Griffin. Marvin was not rattled or intimidated. He got beat a few times, but he is a rookie after all. The guy has a very bright future and I believe he is mentally squared away. If you ask Joerger, he will say that Marvin is coachable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

He posts this 2 hours after a blow out loss against the Nets. It's very hard to interpret this any other way than Bagley taking shots at Joerger. The FO already had an internal fight about Bagley's PT from a close source... and now we get this from Bagley? Not a good look for the rookie who's our 4th or 5th best player right now.

I should also add onto this, Bagley's dad has taken shots at the Kings on twitter before.
Oh geez. Bagley can have respect for a past coach without it being a dig against his current coach. I swear, some of you must stay up all night just trying to find drama.

Hard to interpret this any other way than Bagley taking shots? Whatever.

Oh geez. Bagley can have respect for a past coach without it being a dig against his current coach. I swear, some of you must stay up all night just trying to find drama.

Hard to interpret this any other way than Bagley taking shots? Whatever.
If anyone is stirring up drama it's Bagley himself. This is a passive aggressive post by a teenager. Not a big deal but it is clear as day what he meant. He will learn overtime not to vent on social media. We all have bad days at work, he just needs to keep the issues in house.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Counter point, we need a good ISO scorer. Bagley is not that yet...but he can be. When our offense grinds to a halt (every teams does at times) we need a guy who we can throw the ball and get us a bucket or at least a good shot. Bogi is really the only player like that right now, and he's good, but he's not elite at it.
Yup!

Heck, all the ISO stuff could be by design. Maybe the coaching staff wants Bags going ISO for development purposes, no matter how ugly it might be in the early going. It's no secret that when the FO drafted him, they thought he had 1st option potential.

Joerger and Vlade are both on record as saying this is another development year and wins are gravy. Lends some credence to this theory. Haha

Yup!

Heck, all the ISO stuff could be by design. Maybe the coaching staff wants Bags going ISO for development purposes, no matter how ugly it might be in the early going. It's no secret that when the FO drafted him, they thought he had 1st option potential.

Joerger and Vlade are both on record as saying this is another development year and wins are gravy. Lends some credence to this theory. Haha
Really? Dont you hear the coach constantly screaming to move the ball?

Yup!

So he's a half-court ball-dominant isolation PF then? That makes him Zbo with the added caveat that he CAN get out in transition but doesn't. Seriously, is he really that good of a transition player? Is that even his game? I don't actually see him do that really often.

Man, every day and I feel I'm questioning his fit with Fox more and more.

Really? Dont you hear the coach constantly screaming to move the ball?
ISO doesn't mean hold it for 15 seconds then force a bad shot. It also doesn't mean they want to do it often.

The last team that was able to win a Championship without a top ISO player was Dallas, and even Dirk could get his own shot off as long as someone could get him the ball in the post. Team basketball works great when it works, but when defenses are keyed in, sometimes you need someone who can go get a bucket. You need A GUY. Fox is not that guy, yet. Bagley probably has a better chance to be that player long term.

If anyone is stirring up drama it's Bagley himself. This is a passive aggressive post by a teenager. Not a big deal but it is clear as day what he meant. He will learn overtime not to vent on social media. We all have bad days at work, he just needs to keep the issues in house.
Yeah this seems by far the most likely to me. Not a huge deal, but a pretty obvious passive-aggressive venting by a teenager. I don't think it's the first time there have been some rumblings out of Marvin/his camp, which makes me a little nervous. Hopefully it's nothing.

It's getting very close, at least in regards to some of the comments. If it goes any further, it's gonna be closed. This debate is NOT going to permeate every thread on the board.
But it is entertaining to have these debates. I can easily shoot down the Luka Fan Boys. Let them have their say. I will take care of them ;)

By the way of course MB3 was taking a veiled shot at Joerger. Of course he was. Why TF did Joerger start the 3rd with Jackson over Bjelica? What a joke! Jackson is not a 4 I don't care who is on the other side. Our lead went from up 5 to down 13 in the 3rd then we quit in the 4th. Nice coaching Joerger, you idiot! This was the source of Bagley's frustration. I hope MB3 starts tonight against Siakum, since he can best match up with his size and physicality but I doubt it. Joerger is stubborn and will start the Goose Egg before Bagley. He better be careful with this nonsense or he's going to jeopardize his contract extension for himself and his nine assistants.

But it is entertaining to have these debates. I can easily shoot down the Luka Fan Boys. Let them have their say. I will take care of them ;)

By the way of course MB3 was taking a veiled shot at Joerger. Of course he was. Why TF did Joerger start the 3rd with Jackson over Bjelica? What a joke! Jackson is not a 4 I don't care who is on the other side. Our lead went from up 5 to down 13 in the 3rd then we quit in the 4th. Nice coaching Joerger, you idiot! This was the source of Bagley's frustration. I hope MB3 starts tonight against Siakum, since he can best match up with his size and physicality but I doubt it. Joerger is stubborn and will start the Goose Egg before Bagley. He better be careful with this nonsense or he's going to jeopardize his contract extension for himself and his nine assistants.
Nets were playing with 1 big and 4 wings. Joeger countered with JJ to match up.

Nets out strategized the Kings last game. Same game at G1C and the Kings win with a few tweaks. Nets are solid, but not on a different level (unlike Milwaukee with Giannis). They pressured our guards and hit their shots. 10 games, Kings wing 5 or 6 of them.

So he's a half-court ball-dominant isolation PF then? That makes him Zbo with the added caveat that he CAN get out in transition but doesn't. Seriously, is he really that good of a transition player? Is that even his game? I don't actually see him do that really often.

Man, every day and I feel I'm questioning his fit with Fox more and more.
Bagley is having a better first 40 games to his career than D-Fox, granted the transition to his position is easier than PG. I was defending D-Fox at this time last year when I was extremely confident in his future. I am equally or more confident in MB3. Bagley is awesome. The whole argument that he holds the ball too long is meritless. This is what Blake does. Is Blake a ball stopper? Maybe but he's also pretty damn unstoppable when he is on. Bagley has this type of potential. Holding the ball as he does is to get a read on the defense and where his advantage lies. He is trying to get his defender off balance and attack where he can exploit opening. This is what a power player does with a first step and an outside shot. He has to decide whether he is going to the middle for half hook, going to the baseline for power finish.

It would actually be problematic in my mind if Bagley was not taking a beat to size up his defender and where the teammates are. When you rush your move you usually end up forcing. Giles also does a good job of sizing up the defense too. I don't hear anyone say he is a ball stopper.

Nets were playing with 1 big and 4 wings. Joeger countered with JJ to match up.

Nets out strategized the Kings last game. Same game at G1C and the Kings win with a few tweaks. Nets are solid, but not on a different level (unlike Milwaukee with Giannis). They pressured our guards and hit their shots. 10 games, Kings wing 5 or 6 of them.
So Joerger makes the decision Bagley cannot match up Kurucs??? Kurucs is a good player with bright future but I disagree with this. Kurucs has not earned that level of respect and deference. And obviously the way the second half played out his counter strategy to the Nets strategy was a total flop. What would have happened if Joerger forced Kurucs to defend the post versus MB3, we will never know.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Last time I looked, there are 4 active moderators. Your name is not on the list. But hey - thanks anyway.

It's getting very close, at least in regards to some of the comments. If it goes any further, it's gonna be closed. This debate is NOT going to permeate every thread on the board.
Hope this is not referred to my comments.
I'm just judging what I notice on court.
#letBlobshootmedown
Counter point, we need a good ISO scorer. Bagley is not that yet...but he can be. When our offense grinds to a halt (every teams does at times) we need a guy who we can throw the ball and get us a bucket or at least a good shot. Bogi is really the only player like that right now, and he's good, but he's not elite at it.
You have to teach a guy how to play iso all this time?
Ok, let's learn how to play together, then we'll see iso ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.