Bagley taking shots at Joerger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Soooooooooo... what are those manufactured reasons for not taking him again lately?

Fit and team building? Well, right now we're getting arguments that despite playing like complete butt that Bjelica is STILL the better fit with Fox and that Bagley hinders Fox because he's not a great shooter and clogs the paint.

Character/too many guys wanting to be the alpha? Well, Bagley just took a shot at Joerger for not allowing him to be his ultra alpha self.

So, yeah.
source or link?

He posts this 2 hours after a blow out loss against the Nets. It's very hard to interpret this any other way than Bagley taking shots at Joerger. The FO already had an internal fight about Bagley's PT from a close source... and now we get this from Bagley? Not a good look for the rookie who's our 4th or 5th best player right now.

I should also add onto this, Bagley's dad has taken shots at the Kings on twitter before.

Very nuanced "shot" if a shot at all. Bagley should have confidence in his game and I'm pretty sure Joerger knows what he has in Bagley.

Regardless if he meant no malice by it, he needs to know better that this will be a distraction and will come up in interviews. There’s already so much drama in this organization as it is

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
some things are better left unsaid or in house, social media for better or for worse will magnify everything and this is a shot at Dave, no question about it. Marvin needs to grow up though and be quiet and understand that nothing will be handed to him and that his individual play will not come before team success.

Lol. Some of you all are such drama queens.

Here’s another scenario for you; Coach K sends Marvin a text with words of encouragement after a tough loss (he’s known for keeping up with his players). Marvin, feeling grateful and appreciative finds a couple of old pics with himself and his former coach and puts out some words of gratitude for all to see. End of story.

Maybe I’m just naive, but I don’t think everything is always so sinister.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I almost wish I could find drama in this. Lol

Jayson Tatum responded saying he does too, so is he calling out Brad Stevens?
Although if there was a coach to call out this season between the two, it would be Brad Stevens and his complete struggle with his squad of young dudes who maybe weren't as super as previously thought, old washed dudes on max contracts, and FA season Kyrie.

See now if Joerger starts him it makes it seem like he's being forced. If everyone just shat (yes shat) the heck up, maybe he'd be starting already.

Oh, this is a shot folks, intentional or not. And shows that young players don't understand timing at all. Probably not the game to make a point. Bagley got plenty of the looks you'd expecct and he didn't look all that good taking them.

When attempting to decipher situational factor one first needs to look towards history. Remember, Dave Joerger soiled his way out of Memphis. In that Vlade article a slight glimpse into his coaching relationship with Buddy Hield came to the surface... maybe. Also what came the surface is that Vlade is cognizant of far more than it would appear and that perhaps the recent tift between ownership and Vlade may have originated directly from a extension decision regarding Dave Joerger. This could be off the mark, but some smoke is there if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Jayson Tatum responded saying he does too, so is he calling out Brad Stevens?
Not only that, but in calling out Stevens, he’s also calling out Danny Ainge and questioning his Mormon faith. The Celtics are a basket case! Tatum is demanding to be traded! :rolleyes:

The team is struggling right now. The season is long and taxing. He's having his own personal problems battling down low with grown men. Now having to be a professional and is being held accountable for all of his play on the floor. He's reminiscing about the good ol days when things were simpler.

Bagley needs to take responsibility for his play. He needs to own that NBA critics rail against the Kings for taking him and get better. It’s one of those traits I didn’t like about him in SL, he was casual about his poor performances without responsibility.

Although, I think it’s the consensus now that he should be starting with Bjelica providing nothing. Further, it could be argued the game was lost against the Nets when Joerger started Jackson at 4 in the second half and not Bagley. If it’s important to spread the floor for De’aaron and keep the middle open again where is the fit issue on draft night?

Also, this seems a reflection of the quasi sentiment Joerger had several weeks back. Maybe he didn’t forget

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Check out this rookie talking in the 3rd person already.. ugh.
That's not talking in the third person. If he were talking in the third person, he'd have said: "Man, Marvin Bagley III misses playing for this guy right here. Coach allowed Marvin Bagley III to be Marvin Bagley III and believed in Marvin Bagley III even when Marvin Bagley III wasn't at his best. Marvin Bagley III learned so much on and off the court from him. Marvin Bagley III will always have respect for this man." He was talking in the first person, but replaced one pronoun to avoid the "let me be me" construction. It's not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.