Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

Jeres the thing with the Curry fantasy, he had broken out as a player since his rookie year. People knew he was gonna be good he showed he was gonna be at least an all star player while getting hurt. Bagley just looks to be an average player while being hurt these are two different things
I don’t think I said Bagley was going to be good or that he has shown he would be an all star.

All I’m saying is that all these injuries could reflect a Curry situation where you sign a player to a reasonable deal (while considering injury history) and he ends up getting a hold of his injuries and taps into his true potential.

If Bagley becomes a star (and that’s a big if), and the Kings resign him for less than the max or a mid level deal, we could end up in a pretty lucky position where we have two stars (Fox/Bagley) while having the ability to sign a 3rd in FA (similar to how GSW was able to sign Durant).

That’s really the only optimistic thing that we can hope for at the moment (which is pretty sad to say the least).

Here’s the thing with the Curry fantasy, he had broken out as a player since his rookie year. People knew he was gonna be good he showed he was gonna be at least an all star player while getting hurt. Bagley just looks to be an average player while being hurt these are two different things
he had not broken out as a player. When he was having the recurring ankle injuries he was still looked at as a nice player in a crap team, and no one thought he was going to turn into what he is now.

he had not broken out as a player. When he was having the recurring ankle injuries he was still looked at as a nice player in a crap team, and no one thought he was going to turn into what he is now.
Yeah but that truth doesn’t fit the story here
Curry averaged 17/4/6 shooting 88/47/43 his first year than 18/4/6 shooting 93/49/44 in his first two years while playing 154 of the 162 games. Nobody questioned his talent yes nobody thought he’d be an mvp player but it was clear as day he was gonna be an all star player. Players typically break out in there third year so of course he didn’t have that big break out yet.

Bagley and Curry situation are nothing alike. When Bagley plays at best he looks like a good player definitely didn’t look like an all star in the 75 games he played unlike curry.

Curry averaged 17/4/6 shooting 88/47/43 his first year than 18/4/6 shooting 93/49/44 in his first two years while playing 154 of the 162 games. Nobody questioned his talent yes nobody thought he’d be an mvp player but it was clear as day he was gonna be an all star player. Players typically break out in there third year so of course he didn’t have that big break out yet.

Bagley and Curry situation are nothing alike. When Bagley plays at best he looks like a good player definitely didn’t look like an all star in the 75 games he played unlike curry.
I am aware of the stats and j stand by my original comment. I mean let’s be real here, your mind was made up the moment they drafted him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The ability to stay healthy is a skill. A skill that Bagley does not have and may never acquire. He needs to relegate his dad to the dad zone, fire his entire training folks, and create a new training regimen.

Bagley, like his peers, has gotten paid for two full seasons. But, unlike his peers, he would've played only 1/2 a season. And he's basically half way through his rookie contract. That is a horrible return on a #2 pick. I've been holding off on this, but Bagley is now in the bust until proven otherwise category.
Are you in charge of that particular category?

What? Are you saying Joshoua didn't want us to pick Bagley? Why, I am shocked and stunned. He's never brought that up before.
yeah, this year has sucked for Bagley and with Luka taking off it makes it even harder to stomach. But to try and diminish what Bagley did throughout this rookie year, and in particular how he continued to improve, closed out the last half of the season and the elite traits he was starting to show regularly (all in limited min and shot attempts I might add), is a bit disingenuous . There is a reason why most folks said the gap between them after their rookie years was not nearly as wide as people originally thought. Now is that the case now? No. But I’m certainly not closing the book on Bagley

Whoa, is putting FT% first in shooting splits a thing?

What? Are you saying Joshoua didn't want us to pick Bagley? Why, I am shocked and stunned. He's never brought that up before.

I am aware of the stats and j stand by my original comment. I mean let’s be real here, your mind was made up the moment they drafted him.

Im passed us not having Luka. People are trying to use Curry into false hope that Bagley will turn into something special.

Well, on the positive side it saves some pain in the still ever present obvious crunch in the Kings front court considering all signs point to the team being currently better as a small baller on top of it. This kind of sucks because this potentially very short re-start could have been a way to sneak in what could almost be similar to an extra year in terms of development without having to actually use a full year of that rookie contract in the process.

Are you in charge of that particular category?
Absolutely not. My own categorization.

I've been fair with Bags. Have been on the record that I preferred Luka, but was perfectly fine with him as the pick. Despite 1st year flashes, he simply hasn't produced nor developed (his right hand, a consistent jump shot, passing, & his body) the way he needs to. Yea, a decent part of the reason why he hasn't developed is injuries, but injuries is a real thing--Penny would be a HOFer, Brandon Roy would be on the tail end of a near HOFer career, the Kings would've had a few more glory years had CWebb's knees held up, Hurley might've been Stockton...

At the end of the day, he is entering his 3rd year in the league this fall while still basically following the projectile of a 1st year rookie. That's unacceptable--until proven otherwise.

It’s fair to be disappointed in the injuries
i think writing this talent off already is dumb.
funny you say that. CD said he was talking to a friend of his on the training/medical staff, a friend who he said is a straight shooter and knows how stuff. Said that people are fixated on the injuries, and rightfully so, but his talent level is absurd. Said if he can get healthy he is going to be an all star player. I think we saw glimpses of this as his rookie year went along, and that was with him being incredibly raw and with some deficiencies in his game. If he can get healthy the sky is the limit for him imo

funny you say that. CD said he was talking to a friend of his on the training/medical staff, a friend who he said is a straight shooter and knows how stuff. Said that people are fixated on the injuries, and rightfully so, but his talent level is absurd. Said if he can get healthy he is going to be an all star player. I think we saw glimpses of this as his rookie year went along, and that was with him being incredibly raw and with some deficiencies in his game. If he can get healthy the sky is the limit for him imo
We didn’t see see glimpses of an all star player

YOU didn’t see glimpses of an all star player. And that speaks volumes about your bias as it pertains to Bagley
What all star skills did he show? He can’t go right, can’t shoot, mediocre defender, has one go to move the running hook to the left, and is a black whole. You might wanna lower your expectations on him unless you plan to use the injury excuse well into next year.

An all star player to me is someone who could be a number two option on a championship team

What all star skills did he show? He can’t go right, can’t shoot, mediocre defender, has one go to move the running hook to the left, and is a black whole. You might wanna lower your expectations on him unless you plan to use the injury excuse well into next year.

An all star player to me is someone who could be a number two option on a championship team
I already laid out my reasoning ad nauseam last year and offseason as to why I felt that way. So not going to regurgitate it again, especially for someone who’s mind was/is already made up and will never be swayed. You had most of the naysayers, minus you of course, all discussing how good he looked, as the season went on and how he was much better then they anticipated as he closed out the season especially strong, I think even Slab paid him a compliment :p My recollection is that you got real quiet during this time, then once some injuries started popping up you came back with a vengeance on why he was a crap pick.
Nor do I need to lower my expectations. My advice to you would be to not allow personal bias to cloud your judgment on these matters. I get it that you are very hurt and angry at Bagley because they did not draft Luka, but you should try to be a little more open minded.

I already laid out my reasoning ad nauseam last year and offseason as to why I felt that way. So not going to regurgitate it again, especially for someone who’s mind was/is already made up and will never be swayed. You had most of the naysayers, minus you of course, all discussing how good he looked, as the season went on and how he was much better then they anticipated as he closed out the season especially strong, I think even Slab paid him a compliment :p My recollection is that you got real quiet during this time, then once some injuries started popping up you came back with a vengeance on why he was a crap pick.
Nor do I need to lower my expectations. My advice to you would be to not allow personal bias to cloud your judgment on these matters. I get it that you are very hurt and angry at Bagley because they did not draft Luka, but you should try to be a little more open minded.
I don’t know why you think I want him to fail at the end of the day I’m a Kings fan I’m over the whole Luka thing. It’s nothing against Bagley hell I still wish we drafted Trae Young and traded Fox for Porzingis. Does that make me a Fox hater, no he’s one of my favorite Kings. All I’m saying is I don’t see this phantom sky’s the limit all star you are seeing. When he went on his little run he was good than the overreacting and pegging him as a 20/10 guy cause of his PER36 numbers which is a stupid stat. Most of his scoring was rim running and catching lobs with a little sprinkle of his own creations. This was with teams game planning for Fox/Hield/Barnes/Bogi before they even worried about Bagley.