Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

Another reason why I am not really buying into the HIPAA violation angle is that we have clear cases of other guys, spanning all sports, who have gotten injured during this and they have provided detailed updates on their injuries. This, imo, is just more of the same from an inept training/medical staff....especially as it pertains to Bagleys foot. I personally think they botched the diagnosis the first time around, which is why we have gotten no clear explanation of what the actual injury is

I’m just going to be sick when he goes and turns in to a Jokic type player for someone else. It might be the end for me also.
I love Harry, but don't worry - he won't turn into Jokic :) You don't get players averaging 20/10/7 and having such a strong impact on the team so often.

Talking about Bagley - I can only hope the boot is the result of preventative measures and not something else. If it's not, then he's out for 4 weeks at least, realistically 6 weeks. It sounds like we'll go for a small ball unit which could actually work pretty well in most games. The only games where it might be a problem are Lakers and Pelicans.

Bagley trained with his dad. Did you see the pic he posted? His upper body got tons of work and his legs... not so much.
Results are results. Luckily this isn't any Portland level disaster but in the end, that turdball rolls downhill to those to are in charge of physical training. And whatever Bagley or anyone did has to be at the direction of the staff making the bucks to develop them.

But at the same time, it's ultimate peak #KANGZ when Giles goes for 15-10-5 in the 8 games and he walks this summer and Kings fans will try to justify it somehow.

I'm super interested if we see some Giles-Holmes lineups. Lacks a bit of spacing, but with Giles passing and his decent mid-range, I think it could still work. Think it'd be excellent defensively as well.
It would be interesting but flies in the face of almost everything that takes you anywhere in the current NBA. With Fox it's a total no go, but with him out potentially and Buddy/Bogdan being a huge focus of this teams offense it might actually be the best combo on the roster for them.

I love Harry, but don't worry - he won't turn into Jokic :) You don't get players averaging 20/10/7 and having such a strong impact on the team so often.

Talking about Bagley - I can only hope the boot is the result of preventative measures and not something else. If it's not, then he's out for 4 weeks at least, realistically 6 weeks. It sounds like we'll go for a small ball unit which could actually work pretty well in most games. The only games where it might be a problem are Lakers and Pelicans.
Boots are to immobilize. It will be months.

I’m not a doom and gloom guy but this is rough. Looks like we will be starting over next year with a core of Fox and Bogi. Even if they can be our Lillard/ CJ, that leaves us pretty far off from a real contender. And yes I’m assuming Buddy gets traded, Giles signs elsewhere and Bagleys lack of health continues.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
well that’s a relief. Or it means he has 2 bad feet :(
He landed on someone's foot getting a rebound. It's not like he was running in a straight line in a drill and collapsed. Come on people, get a grip. It's a sprain, not a broken bone or ACL or something.

The timing sucks, but I'm still going to be semi-shocked if they actually play any games.

This isn't directed at you, Hoovtrain. Just a convenient post to reply to on this. ;)

He landed on someone's foot getting a rebound. It's not like he was running in a straight line in a drill and collapsed. Come on people, get a grip. It's a sprain, not a broken bone or ACL or something.

The timing sucks, but I'm still going to be semi-shocked if they actually play any games.

This isn't directed at you, Hoovtrain. Just a convenient post to reply to on this. ;)
oh I completely get it my friend and no need to explain, I didn’t take offense even if you were directing at me :). My issue is 3 foot injuries in this short amount of time is a little concerning to me. And I know you mentioned no breaks, but the synopsis I linked about lateral foot sprains can range anywhere from something fairly minor that keeps someone out 6 weeks to something far more serious like fractures in the foot. I don’t like that they didn’t rule out foot fractures or a break, they just gave a vague lateral foot sprain diagnosis, which can be many things, Foot injuries always scare me, and frankly I just don’t trust this medical staff

Last edited:
lol Bagley is trending on twitter and if you’re one of people who aren’t living in Bagleys reality you probably don’t wanna know the reason

Bagley had no game even when he was healthy. No wonder he gets hurt all the time cause he has to make up for his horrible defense, low basketball IQ, lack of passing ability, no right hand, and horrible 3pt shooting. All he has is athleticism and he just breaks himself trying to be an NBA player in todays game. Hes better fit for the 90's.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bagley had no game even when he was healthy. No wonder he gets hurt all the time cause he has to make up for his horrible defense, low basketball IQ, lack of passing ability, no right hand, and horrible 3pt shooting. All he has is athleticism and he just breaks himself trying to be an NBA player in todays game. Hes better fit for the 90's.
He jumps twice really fast though.

Bigs always take a while to develop though. He’s a pretty good rebounder and brings energy. If he has great work ethic then over time he can fill out the rest of his game nicely due to his natural elite athleticism and size.

But these injuries, especially foot injuries are concerning for bigs. I was personally looking forward to seeing him play so it’s disappointing for me. Wishing me a well recovery though and hopefully all this is past him and he starts fresh next season.