Artest Has Been Suspended for Game 2!!!!

T

thesanityannex

Diehard Jim said:
EXACTLY!

There are a MAX of 7 games in a playoff series, so 1 game is at the very least 14% of the series or if the series only goes 4 games than it is 25% of the series!

To make this even more in perspective if this percentage was put into the regular season it equals 11-20 games missed.
Well Ron missed quite a few more games than 11-20 playing with the Kings. He missed some 40 odd games and the Kings still made the playoffs. I think he will be missed dearly for that one game, but is it the end of the world?

Ron was quoted as saying he did not think it was fair, heck even the press writing in San Antonio thinks it is a bit overboard!

So to say this is not a big deal is a major understatement!
Ron never said it was a big deal, and he's not making a big deal out of it. Follow Ron.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
jon e said:
why doesnt the league just review every game and every call after games have been played and start penalizing guys for calls that have been missed. hey, why dont they go back and change sumaki walkers 3 in game 4 that shouldnt have counted. give me a break
Well, as you may recall that Samaki play was actually one of the things that led them to institute instant replay to end quarters/halves.

People are flying off the handle here -- but this sort of post game flagrant foul review happens all the time in the NBA. In theory, to make sure they get it right. In this case ironically to make sure they got it wrong. You obviously can't go back and change something about a game that would have changed the way it played out. But you can aim for consistent impementation of the flagrant rules (again the irony).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Further irony: The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Jackson says it was, in fact, partially due to the prior bad acts of Artest.

Stern says it was not related to anything but Artest's action on the court in that game.

They might want to consider comparing notes...