Are we feeling better yet?

There are tons of uncertainties with knee injuries. They may be frustrating, but I think they're doing exactly the right thing by not speculating on his health or putting too much out there. You may WANT to know why, but they are under absolutely no obligation to release that information.

Maybe it's because I'm old, but crying over spilled milk just seems like a waste of time. It is what it is, and what will be will be. I want to see them make the very most of what they have to deal with right now. When Giles is allowed to return to the court, I think we may get some answers. Until then, I'm more concerned with the chemistry of the players and - at least for the last two games - it has looked drastically better.

I am definitely feeling better. And I'm among those who really enjoy Richaun Holmes' mom and her tweets. I also think she's right (along with some of you here). I believe that trip to India, while understandable from Vivek's POV, wreaked havoc with the players.

All in all, it is a good day to be a Kings fan.
To help back up Holmes' Mom's claim, the Pacers also got off to a terrible start. I don't think it was so much jet lag as it was an abbreviated training camp.

Nobody should get excited about beating the Knicks.
The team is playing with a much better attitude and a certain urgency. That gives us some hope.

I will reserve judgement until the Raptors game. Can we keep up the defensive intensity? Will our bench remain completely clueless on offense? Will Fox continue getting to the free throw line?

What story do you see? The basic story out there on social media is that the Kings have always sucked and this year they continue to suck. Anyone who works for the Kings is an idiot, etc ad nauseam. By that story, it makes sense to tear up the team after 3 games under a new coach.

The story I see is that this is a new season so this is a new story. New coach, new system, some new players. They looked at what didn't work last year and made adjustments. Within the limitations that a small market is subject to. As is always the case, it will take a while for the adjustments to sink in and the players to get comfortable. I'm really encouraged by what I've seen. In the story I see, it would be the height of idiocy to tear up the team after 3 games. Fox and Bagley did well at national team camp over the summer. There were plenty of encouraging signs last year from our young team.

Which is the right story? We'll have to wait and find out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
SLAB, are you back? I thought you had stepped off the ledge a few days ago.
I never really left. Well, I left The Kings main forum. I’m around in the background to watch the world burn and then post about stuff I care about in other subforums (Niners/Wrestling/[REDACTED])

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Eh, not really. The Knicks are hot garbo and our team is still run by a fool.

If we beat Toronto, I'll totally flip my stance, call playoffs and praise the flawless genius that is Vlade.

IF.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Eh, not really. The Knicks are hot garbo and our team is still run by a fool.

If we beat Toronto, I'll totally flip my stance, call playoffs and praise the flawless genius that is Vlade.

IF.
Why can't we just have a nice low-pass filter on our season expectations? This high-pass filter has our heads jerking around so much half the board has CTE.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Why can't we just have a nice low-pass filter on our season expectations? This high-pass filter has our heads jerking around so much half the board has CTE.
You mean blandly accepting another season of 20-35 wins while worshiping at the Alter of Patience and Optimism?

No thanks! I prefer the game to game emotional roller-coaster of hyperbolic hot takes!

I'm happy because of the effort, they looked lifeless to start the season, and I was worried about team chemistry..
This. I’m not yet convinced we are a good team, but I’m happy with the recent effort. jury is still definitely out on Walton, but at least it doesn’t feel like he has lost the team within a week.

Don’t expect a win against Toronto (unless Ariza can lock up Pascal), but Im happy i don’t feel completely disheartened at this point.