Any more trades for the Kings?

M

MixedNuts

Now that Coach Adelman has had a chance to use the full roster in some game situations, primarily because of injuries to starters and BJax, we've gotten a look at what every player has to contribute and how they fit in. How does everyone feel with our roster now? Any more trades under speculation? My own feeling is Petrie is set with this group of players and will keep the status quo for the remainder of the season.

MixedNuts said:
Now that Coach Adelman has had a chance to use the full roster in some game situations, primarily because of injuries to starters and BJax, we've gotten a look at what every player has to contribute and how they fit in. How does everyone feel with our roster now? Any more trades under speculation? My own feeling is Petrie is set with this group of players and will keep the status quo for the remainder of the season.
Petrie, is that you? ;) Tell guys we are happy. :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really like the roster we have now. I dont think ANY trades have to be made. We are set, and ready for the long haul!

No more trades, please. The most tradable player for the Kings right now is Peja, but I have faith that he'll show up this time around in the playoffs.

DoughDole said:
No more trades, please. The most tradable player for the Kings right now is Peja, but I have faith that he'll show up this time around in the playoffs.
Would LOVE to see Peja stay and come up BIG in the playoffs. I know he has him in it, it just hasn't quite happened yet. We've seen glimpses of what it would look like, but if he could just be "ON" during the post season -- watch out! We have a great team, I am hoping no more trades. Would like to see this team healthy & playing well during the playoffs .... if everyone was "on" and healthy, I think we would be hard to beat in a 7 game series.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Doubt there will be more, but there are certainly holes to fill. Just something where we value stability (and also where the player most likely to be traded is Peja, and he's both a star that's hard to get value for and a favorite of Petrie's). If anything did happen it would be more likely moving Tag or Bobby (core guy but its funny how quickly he seems to have been forgotten) or something like that I would think.

The team still needs an athletic big man, a Dalembart of Nazr Mohammed, but I don't think the Kings have a player to offer in return that would make it work.

i might get crucified for saying this but i think peja will step up in the playoffs this year. i am the biggest peja playoff hater out there because he hasn't stepped up the past few years but i think he will considering the past few years teams have been able to hone in on him because of doug's lack of offensive threat.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KMart23 said:
i might get crucified for saying this but i think peja will step up in the playoffs this year. i am the biggest peja playoff hater out there because he hasn't stepped up the past few years but i think he will considering the past few years teams have been able to hone in on him because of doug's lack of offensive threat.

No need to get crucified -- if we make no moves then Peja actually showing up in the playoffs wil be the absolute key to our chances. If he does, we've got a real shot. If he doesn't, we are sunk again.

I've said since before the season began that this was the pivotal season for Peja's future in Sacto. Either he steps up in the playoffs when it matters and makes a max contract next year a possibility, or he fails us again, at which point I think he will HAVE to be traded for a playoff performer.