And with the number 1 pick it goes to.....

Well, technically I'd be celebrating when they announced the second pick and it wasn't the Kings. So by the time they announced the first pick I'd probably be passed out.

I don't understand :confused:

why would the second pic be bad for the kings?
The second pick would be fine for the Kings -- but if they announced the second pick and it wasn't the Kings then we'd know we had the #1 pick and then the real celebration would begin.

The second pick would be fine for the Kings -- but if they announced the second pick and it wasn't the Kings then we'd know we had the #1 pick and then the real celebration would begin.
I'd go nuts if just by the 10th pick our name hasn't been called. 1-3 I'd take any of them with a full embrace :)

I'm playing Mega Millions tonight!!! If we get a 1st pick, there might a good chance I might win Mega Millions too ;)

Oh wait.... we/me cannot possibly be that lucky.

Ok, I'm still confused.

How exactly would we know, this?
Am I missing something, or is this just simple pure unbridled optimism speaking here? (eg, god wouldn't DARE not give the Kings one of the two top spots)

Ok, I'm still confused.

How exactly would we know, this?
They start off by announcing the team who got the worst draft position, then work their way up towards #1. If your team's in the lottery, and you still haven't heard their name by the time they announce #2, then you know you've got it.

They start off by announcing the team who got the worst draft position, then work their way up towards #1. If your team's in the lottery, and you still haven't heard their name by the time they announce #2, then you know you've got it.
but isn't it true that the highest pick, if we dont get a top 3, we could get is number 10? so if we're not announced by 10 don't we know that we're at least number 3?

from the Bee
Q: How does the lottery work?
A: One thousand numerical combinations are assigned to the 14 teams by a computer. Fourteen pingpong balls numbered 1 through 14 are put in a drum. Four balls are drawn. The team with the matching combination, regardless of the order the balls are pulled, will have the No. 1 pick in the draft. The process will be repeated to determine the second pick and again for the third.
Q: What happens to the other 11 teams?
A: Anyone not among the top three will be placed in inverse order of regular-season record. So Memphis (22-60) can pick no lower than fourth, Boston (24-58) no lower than fifth, and so on.
Q: What does that mean for the Kings?
A: They can end up one, two, three, 10, 11, 12 or 13. The greatest probability, at 84.62 percent, is 10th. They have a 1.8 percent chance of moving all the way to first, 2.12 percent of getting second and 2.55 percent of third. Getting worse than 10 will require one or more teams behind them -- Indiana, Philadelphia, New Orleans and the Los Angeles Clippers -- beating tremendous odds to take a spot among the top three.

It was with pleasure CalBears1, i was in the same situation than you were before i read this article :)

Can you imagine if we get a top3 pick ?
OMG ! i'd be so thrilled ! Besides it must be a great draft with great players !
the future would look really better with a top3 !

i hope it will happen. If not even with the 13th pick Petrie could make a real steal in this draft.

GO KINGS !

Last edited:
Who knows..maybe this is a good sign, but I just when up on Real GM and they have a NBA Lottery Simulator. I did the thingy three times and the Kings came up in the 10th spot. But when I did it ( pressed the button ) the third time the Kings came up #1!

Maybe a sign of things to come?! :rolleyes: