Allen Iverson - MERGED

A.I.-Owner spat

Snider: A.I. wants trade, so we'll do it

By PHIL JASNER

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/16201098.htm
jasnerp@phillynews.com

Billy King and Maurice Cheeks worked at being politically correct. They responded cordially to questions. They offered, at best, limited information.

Ed Snider blew it up.

These were among the questions, not necessarily in direct order, Snider fielded during a meeting with reporters at halftime of the 76ers' 113-98 loss to the Washington Wizards last night at the Wachovia Center:

Is it time to trade Allen Iverson?

"Yes," said the chairman of the Comcast-Spectacor group that oversees, among other entities, the 76ers and the Flyers.

Because?

"Because he wants to be traded."

Has Iverson played his last game with the Sixers?

"Probably."

Has Iverson's time passed with the Sixers?

"Yes."

Has the team received many calls from other teams?

"About half the league."

Has the Iverson situation held back the development of any of the Sixers' young players?

"You have to decide that on your own."

King, the team's president/general manager, and Cheeks, in his second season as the head coach, chose their words more carefully.

Not Snider.

Iverson, in his 11th season with the Sixers and tied with the Eagles' Brian Dawkins as the longest-tenured major pro athlete in Philadelphia, met with King in Chicago Tuesday and asked to be traded. He sat out the fourth quarter of Wednesday night's miserable loss to the Bulls - ostensibly because of back spasms - and did not practice Thursday. He was told by Cheeks at yesterday morning's shootaround that it was not necessary for him to participate.
Later, Cheeks told Iverson he would not be playing in last night's game against the Washington Wizards or tonight's game in Orlando.

He was told not to come to the Wachovia Center last night.
King and Cheeks said that Iverson was not being suspended and that the move was not disciplinary.

"He didn't practice, the coach said he's not going to play," Snider said.

Is that a sign that the Sixers are no longer going to tolerate such situations?

"Yes," Snider said.

Asked whether Iverson would remain on the team if he were not traded, Snider said, "We're going to trade him."

Rumors were already swirling last night.

In Denver last night, Nuggets coach George Karl said Iverson would not be coming there. The Minneapolis Star Tribune suggested that, if the Timberwolves were involved, a package would likely include the likes of rookie guard Randy Foye, the former Villanova star who was the No. 7 overall pick in the June draft, and probably guard Mike James. (Foye fielded questions before and after the Wolves game last night, but knew nothing about what was going on behind the scenes.)

Whatever happens, Snider said: "The president and the coach have my full support, and I think everything has been handled as well as it could be under very adverse conditions.

"He asked to be traded," Snider said. "I don't tell Billy what to do. Billy has to do what he feels is best for the organization. I think [Iverson] is one of the greatest basketball players of all time. He has incredible talent. He's done a lot of great things for this organization, and I wish him well."

In a statement issued through agent Leon Rose, Iverson said, "I truly wanted to retire a Sixer."

Told that Iverson had wanted to play last night, Snider told Comcast SportsNet, "Maybe he should have been ready to practice, too... If Allen feels that he doesn't want to practice and then he wants to play, it just doesn't work any longer."

Time to go?

"I think it's time for him to move on and for us to move on and find out where everything stands," Snider said at halftime. "I really didn't see it coming, because Allen says all the right things, and I thought he really was behind Mo and what we were trying to accomplish, but obviously he's not."

Has the Iverson situation been disruptive to the rest of the team?

"I'm not here to talk about Allen and the good points and the bad points," Snider said. "I mean, Allen's been here for 11 years. He's done a great job for this organization. I'm really not here to diss him in any way, shape or form. It's just time for him to go his way and for us to go our way."

Iverson-less.

Minnesota's out:

Wolves: We can't afford Iverson
Rumors, fueled by Iverson imposter, featured deal here
From staff reports
Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers appear headed toward a bitter parting.

But Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said he won't end up in Minnesota, despite a flood of rumors Friday night that said otherwise.

"No trade," Taylor said during the Wolves' 110-103 victory over Utah on Friday night at Target Center. "It isn't that I don't like him. Just money-wise, it wouldn't work out."

Speculation heated up the past couple of days about where Iverson could end up. The Wolves were at the top of the list of possible destinations.

ESPN reporter Jim Gray announced on the air that Iverson told him in a telephone interview Friday that he was heading to Minnesota. He came back on the air soon after to say that he had been "duped," admitting, "I was talking to an imposter."

Iverson's 11-year career in Philadelphia took another tumultuous turn Friday when the former NBA most valuable player hinted that a trade might be best after the Sixers sent him home and ruled him out of their next two games.

"As hard as it is to admit, a change may be the best thing for everyone," Iverson said. "I hate admitting that because I love the guys on the team and the city of Philadelphia. I truly wanted to retire a 76er."

"We'll trade him," Sixers chairman Ed Snider said Friday night. "At a certain point, you have to come to grips with the fact that it's not working. He wants out, and we're ready to accommodate him."

Snider said Iverson has "probably" played his last game with the Sixers, ending a career that placed him with Julius Erving, Charles Barkley and Wilt Chamberlain among the team's greats.

"I think it's time for him to move on, for us to move on and find out where everything stands," Snider said. "I really didn't see it coming because Allen says all the right things."

In a surprising turn of events, Iverson was banished by the club and didn't play Friday against Washington. Team President Billy King said the move was not a suspension and Iverson's future would be re-evaluated after tonight's game at Orlando.

King and coach Maurice Cheeks said Iverson was sent home because he did not practice on Thursday and left Wednesday's blowout loss at Chicago with back spasms. However, the move to bench their captain comes with Iverson's name swirling in heavy trade rumors.

King would not say before the Sixers' game against the Wizards whether Iverson had asked for a trade or if he was actively trying to trade the four-time NBA scoring champion. Snider confirmed that Iverson did ask this week to be dealt.

"Allen was not able to practice yesterday because of the back, and today Mo made a decision not to play him tonight or tomorrow," King said. "We told him to just take the night off and tomorrow."

Iverson told a different story. Iverson, whose off-court behavior and coaching clashes often overshadowed his gritty, highlight-reel play, released a statement through agent Leon Rose stating that he told the Sixers he was healthy enough to play.

Iverson said he was told not to participate in shootaround and instead watched from the sideline. He joined the Sixers in the huddle, then was told by Cheeks not to come to the Wachovia Center.

"In my entire career, even the doctors haven't been able to tell me not to play," Iverson said. "I've played through injury and illness. I think everyone knows how much I love being out on the court, competing and winning. That's why it was so disheartening to be told that I couldn't play, knowing that I was ready. It hurt even more to be told not to come at all."

Iverson, who leads the league with a 31.7-point average, left Wednesday night's 121-94 loss at Chicago in the second half, complaining of the spasms, and did not practice Thursday. The Sixers are 5-13, have lost six straight and 13 of 15 overall.

"This season has been very frustrating for everyone," Iverson said. "We've lost 12 of 14 games and nothing seems to be working. I have expressed my frustration to my teammates, however, I have continued to give 100 percent night in and night out. Apparently, it hasn't been enough to help our team win."

Even with the Sixers sinking toward another lottery-bound season, Snider said Cheeks and King's jobs were safe.

Cheeks said he expected Iverson to finish the season in Philadelphia.

Iverson reportedly was nearly dealt last offseason to Boston.

This report includes information from the Associated Press.

http://www.twincities.com:80/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/16199928.htm

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And in the midst of all the drama, we have this:

ESPN reporter Jim Gray announced on the air that Iverson told him in a telephone interview Friday that he was heading to Minnesota. He came back on the air soon after to say that he had been "duped," admitting, "I was talking to an imposter."
Two words, Jim... Caller identification.

You might want to consider it.

;)

Also, the KG metldown watch just kicked into high gear. I think we're at 3/5 odds that he's going to go on a five state killing spree.

Good Idea

Isn't the general consensus that we need a "go to" guy on this team? I feel that AI would fill that role perfectly. Coupled with a trade for a defensive big, we could be a pretty great team. Perhaps we could include Miller in a trade and bring in Hunter or Dalembert along with AI.

Last edited:
Discuss

Sacramento Trade Breakdown Outgoing
Mike Bibby
6-2 PG from Arizona
21.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 38.6 minutes
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes
Jason Hart
6-2 PG from Syracuse
3.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.3 minutes

Incoming Allen Iverson
6-0 PG from Georgetown
33.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 7.4 apg in 43.0 minutes

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall
7.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.7 minutesChange in team outlook: +0.9 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -3.4 apg.
Successful ScenarioDue to Sacramento and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Starting Line Up

Iverson
Martin
Artest
Thomas
Dalembert

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrm, let me think...

There's a part of me that, of course, doesn't want to see Bibby and Miller leave. There's another part of me that really wants to see something different out on the court. This would sure give us different!

:)

piksi

Hall of Famer
Hrm, let me think...

There's a part of me that, of course, doesn't want to see Bibby and Miller leave. There's another part of me that really wants to see something different out on the court. This would sure give us different!

:)
sure but there are 2 kinds of different in this case and the other one scares me

It would be a rather good defensive squad don't you think? It would be really interesting to see Bibby, Miller, and Webber back on the same team too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sure but there are 2 kinds of different in this case and the other one scares me
I'm done being scared, piksi...

Something has to be done about the Kings. The current squad isn't going to do anything but continue to limp along. I don't know how Iverson would work out with the Kings, but you cannot fault his passion.

I admire the warriors, the ones who cannot abide losing. The ones who want to win and are pretty much intolerable to be around when they lose.

We don't have that any longer. We have - and I'm even surprising myself by saying this - a team with a few too many wimps and nowhere near enough warriors.

Shake it up, I say. Take the big gamble; there's really very little to lose at this point.

We have to either pull the trigger on a major deal like this or continue to watch the attempts at fixing the team on the run that haven't gotten us anywhere.

Iverson, Martin, Artest, Thomas and Dalembert would bring an excitement to the Kings we haven't seen in a long time. Price, Salmons (I'm assuming they'll find a way to make it work), Cisco and maybe Justin Williams coming off the bench would be exciting, too.

My first reaction to the hint of Iverson coming to the Kings was panic. The more I think about it, though, the more it intrigues me.

No guts, no glory.

Pull Some Strings

VF can you put in a call to one of your sources "encouraging" them to make this trade?;)

Thanks! It would be much appreciated.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I'm done being scared, piksi...

Something has to be done about the Kings. The current squad isn't going to do anything but continue to limp along. I don't know how Iverson would work out with the Kings, but you cannot fault his passion.

I admire the warriors, the ones who cannot abide losing. The ones who want to win and are pretty much intolerable to be around when they lose.

We don't have that any longer. We have - and I'm even surprising myself by saying this - a team with a few too many wimps and nowhere near enough warriors.

Shake it up, I say. Take the big gamble; there's really very little to lose at this point.

We have to either pull the trigger on a major deal like this or continue to watch the attempts at fixing the team on the run that haven't gotten us anywhere.

Iverson, Martin, Artest, Thomas and Dalembert would bring an excitement to the Kings we haven't seen in a long time. Price, Salmons (I'm assuming they'll find a way to make it work), Cisco and maybe Justin Williams coming off the bench would be exciting, too.

My first reaction to the hint of Iverson coming to the Kings was panic. The more I think about it, though, the more it intrigues me.

No guts, no glory.
famous last words

You do have a point - there is no question about it. Things need to change and quick. I am not sure that Iverson is the "answer" and there is no guarantee that we would get Dalambert.

See, I'm all in favor of bringing in Iverson, but not Dalembert. I know we're all so hungry for shotblocking that we'd take anything at this point, but when you factor in fouling and smarts, I just don't think he's that good of a defender even with the shotblocking and rebounding. I'd rather have Miller, who, though we know his faults, has the ability to be a great compliment to AI, drawing the defense out for AI's drives to the basket.

I actually think when it's all said and done Steven Hunter is better than Dalembert. He's not the rebounder, but he's smarter, more competent on offense and almost as good of a shotblocker. So AI/Hunter - yes. AI/Dalembert, for me - no

Sacramento Trade Breakdown Outgoing
Mike Bibby
6-2 PG from Arizona
21.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 38.6 minutes
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes
Jason Hart
6-2 PG from Syracuse
3.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.3 minutes

Incoming Allen Iverson
6-0 PG from Georgetown
33.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 7.4 apg in 43.0 minutes

Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall
7.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.7 minutesChange in team outlook: +0.9 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -3.4 apg.
Successful ScenarioDue to Sacramento and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Starting Line Up

Iverson
Martin
Artest
Thomas
Dalembert
Wouldn't work mainly because they will probably want young talent and cap relief. Here is another possibility...

Sacramento:

Outgoing: Mike Bibby, Corliss Williamson, Jason Hart, maybe a pick
Incoming: Allen Iverson, Steven Hunter

Why we do it: not only do you get your go-to guy, but he can also set guys up like Kevin and Brad. Plus you get a good backup center.
Even though Allen is a SG, you have him and Kevin on the court at the same time.

New lineup:

Iverson/Price/Douby
Martin/Salmons/Cisco
Artest/Salmons/Cisco
Thomas/SAR
Miller/Hunter

You still have the issue with the PF position, but Hunter will definitely help.

Philadelphia:

Outgoing: Allen Iverson, Steven Hunter
Incoming: Mike Bibby, Corliss Williamson, Jason Hart

Why they do it: Bibby + Webber reunion would be great. Bibby is a great character. Plus you get $8 mil coming off the books. Not to mention you have to trade A.I.

New lineup:

Bibby/Ollie
Korver/Green
Iguodala/Williamson
Webber/Randolph
Dalembert/?

Obviously they would be hurt at the backup C position. But the trade must be done and they can shuffle their depth at PF to find some minutes at backup C.

Wouldn't work mainly because they will probably want young talent and cap relief. Here is another possibility...

Sacramento:

Outgoing: Mike Bibby, Corliss Williamson, Jason Hart, maybe a pick
Incoming: Allen Iverson, Steven Hunter

Why we do it: not only do you get your go-to guy, but he can also set guys up like Kevin and Brad. Plus you get a good backup center.
Even though Allen is a SG, you have him and Kevin on the court at the same time.

New lineup:

Iverson/Price/Douby
Martin/Salmons/Cisco
Artest/Salmons/Cisco
Thomas/SAR
Miller/Hunter

You still have the issue with the PF position, but Hunter will definitely help.

Philadelphia:

Outgoing: Allen Iverson, Steven Hunter
Incoming: Mike Bibby, Corliss Williamson, Jason Hart

Why they do it: Bibby + Webber reunion would be great. Bibby is a great character. Plus you get $8 mil coming off the books. Not to mention you have to trade A.I.

New lineup:

Bibby/Ollie
Korver/Green
Iguodala/Williamson
Webber/Randolph
Dalembert/?

Obviously they would be hurt at the backup C position. But the trade must be done and they can shuffle their depth at PF to find some minutes at backup C.
Yup. I think this is the ideal for the Kings. We may have to include Garcia or Douby in the trade, and I don't know that Philadelphia would give up Hunter, but this is the best case (although probably not the most realistic) scenario.

Actually, if you include SAR in the deal as a backup PF/C they might be more inclined to part with Hunter. If AI came to the Kings I don't know if SAR's a good fit anymore anyway.

Iverson

Marc Stein speculated that the Maloofs might take a look at A.I. with Bibby as the trade bait. Yes, it's Marc Stein and not a fact, so please skip the inevitable "it's not a credible source" response. Thing is, half the teams in the league have already stated that they're not interested in Iverson. I've never particularly liked the guy b/c he's the biggest ballhog in the league and has been forever, but here are a few things I could see:

THE BAD

1. It could stunt K-mart's development
2. It might mess with team chemistry in the long run
3. Artest wouldn't tolerate his problems with punctuality and lack of practice effort
4. Ball movement would cease to exist
5. Kings would have to trade Bibby and develop a new identity

THE GOOD
1. Kings would actually have someone who draws double teams, which would give teammates open looks (if you could convince the man to pass the ball)
2. Iverson is a top defender
3. He plays through injuries, giving the team some consistency, though no one can say Bibby's not doing that right now
4. Above all, people would become interested in the Kings again, and Arco would post legitimate sellouts (i.e., people filling the seats). Maybe it would have a positive effect on new arena efforts

THE UGLY
1. It would be interesting to see Miller/Iverson dynamic
2. It may be Bibby's last year here anyway
3. Maybe Philly would take Kenny Thomas back for free...

Overall, Kings have more talent than Sixers and I think would really benefit in the short run, but the long run would remain unclear.

Whew.

Thoughts?

A

AriesMar27

that would suck for thomas, corliss and salmons... well... the kings in general but whatever... if he can stay with his man and not let them shoot wide open threes then im up for anything at this point...

THE BAD

1. It could stunt K-mart's development
2. It might mess with team chemistry in the long run
3. Artest wouldn't tolerate his problems with punctuality and lack of practice effort
4. Ball movement would cease to exist
5. Kings would have to trade Bibby and develop a new identity
1) KMoney development shouldn't be the team's priority as long-term relationships in sports seem to be a thing of the past.

I know we all want some sign of a sparkling object of goodness right now, but Martin is a young guy. I think putting all the eggs in that basket after a smattering of great games is a little early. He's shown that he's shut-downable and he's not a great creator for himself or his teammates.

In other words, I think building with the long term goal being Kevin Martin would would be a mistake (of the same magnitude) akin to building around Peja.

Hopefully Martin proves me wrong. He's young enough to develop the intangibles (and tangibles).

2) There is no team chemistry right now and I don't really believe there will be much in the long run right now. The coach has not put an identity stamp on the team and because of it -- players seem lost and prone to "chuck-i-tis".

Right now, there seems to be an internal struggle over who is the offense and I don't see that changing as long as we have a coach with the spine of a slug.

3) That's true. Above that, I'm not sure he'd be okay with Iverson's offensive style. I think he'd go insane with the limited amount of touches he'd get.

4) Assuming we actually have ball movement now. It seems all but dead right now.

5) I consider that a good.

THE GOOD
1. Kings would actually have someone who draws double teams, which would give teammates open looks (if you could convince the man to pass the ball)
2. Iverson is a top defender
3. He plays through injuries, giving the team some consistency, though no one can say Bibby's not doing that right now
4. Above all, people would become interested in the Kings again, and Arco would post legitimate sellouts (i.e., people filling the seats). Maybe it would have a positive effect on new arena efforts
1) We have players that get doubles, we just don't utilize them enough.

Iverson won't produce that near as much as our current post players since perimeter doubling is a tough thing to do.

What it will give us is someone that can take it to the rim on almost any possession. It gives us someone who can penetrate and find internal players (although he rarely does).

2) Definitely. But, right now a dead worm is a slight bit better than Bibby on defense.

3) Difference between Iverson playing through injury and Bibby playing through injury is that Iverson contributes to the team while Bibby is detracting right now.

4) Don't know on that one. We'd officially become the Sacramento Blazers with our roster. KT, Artest, Iverson (and now Mo Taylor). 3 known malcontents. Errrr ... dunno.

THE UGLY
1. It would be interesting to see Miller/Iverson dynamic
2. It may be Bibby's last year here anyway
3. Maybe Philly would take Kenny Thomas back for free...
1) Would there be one?

2) Thank god.

3) Everyone is down on KT, but I think he's proved to be pretty dang solid, if a bit inconsistant.

Overall, Kings have more talent than Sixers and I think would really benefit in the short run, but the long run would remain unclear.
Having talent around him has never been Iverson's problem. It's been working WITH his supporting cast. It almost seems to be an inverse relationship for Iverson in that the better his supporting cast, the worse his team perform because he's so selfish.

I think this team would be a bottom feeder with or without this trade. What this trade might do for us is give us a quick boost like Artest, but if we get losses we'll crumble. There just isn't an identity and we don't get easy baskets.

It's like the "defense" we were playing. It was definitely a short-run thing. Once the season began I said it would be. Players resort to their "style" as things get tough or they get tired.

I'm totally AGAINST getting Iverson, but I can see the appeal for the Maloofs to do so. But basketball reasons alone, I don't like the idea of the Kings getting Iverson. However, I won't rant about why we shouldn't do the Iverson deal...instead I will say this:

If the Kings DO in fact trade for Iverson, we HAVE to keep Kenny Thomas. The guy can rebound, doesn't need to shoot and does the little things to help us. He has an uncanny knack for offensive rebounds in general. With Iverson/Ron shooting around 40% each we need those extra possessions to win. Shareef would be the better player to go IMO. I don't want to deal Corliss's expiring. I think we may need that come the dealine(to adjust for an Iverson deal in the roster) or to just let it expire altogether(same goes for Vitaly). However, we still need quality size and I'd hate to bring Iverson here after we just signed Salmons. I think this may be the best deal for us if we dealt for Iverson.

Kings deal:
Bibby
John Salmons
Vitaly Potapenko

Sixers deal:
Iverson
Hunter

Kings new roster:

C: Brad Miller, Steven Hunter
PF:Kenny Thomas, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Maurice Taylor
SF: Ron Artest, Corliss Williamson
SG: Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, Quincy Douby
PG: Allen Iverson, Ronnie Price, Jason Hart

I agree with NBrans, IF we dealt for Iverson, we'd need to keep Brad and his shooting ability. It opens up the lane for Iverson and we're already downgrading our ability to shoot from the perimeter in this deal in the first place. That's why I am against it.

I'm not quite so down on Bibby, but that's a really good point about someone being able to take it to the rim at will. It would be nice for the Kings to get those calls for a change. If it were Iverson driving for that overtime layup rather than Bibby, do you think he would've gotten the foul call? I'd say yes, and I'd say that would've been a win.

I'm totally AGAINST getting Iverson, but I can see the appeal for the Maloofs to do so. But basketball reasons alone, I don't like the idea of the Kings getting Iverson. However, I won't rant about why we shouldn't do the Iverson deal...instead I will say this:

If the Kings DO in fact trade for Iverson, we HAVE to keep Kenny Thomas. The guy can rebound, doesn't need to shoot and does the little things to help us. He has an uncanny knack for offensive rebounds in general. With Iverson/Ron shooting around 40% each we need those extra possessions to win. Shareef would be the better player to go IMO. I don't want to deal Corliss's expiring. I think we may need that come the dealine(to adjust for an Iverson deal in the roster) or to just let it expire altogether(same goes for Vitaly). However, we still need quality size and I'd hate to bring Iverson here after we just signed Salmons. I think this may be the best deal for us if we dealt for Iverson.

Kings deal:
Bibby
John Salmons
Vitaly Potapenko

Sixers deal:
Iverson
Hunter

Kings new roster:

C: Brad Miller, Steven Hunter
PF:Kenny Thomas, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Maurice Taylor
SF: Ron Artest, Corliss Williamson
SG: Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, Quincy Douby
PG: Allen Iverson, Ronnie Price, Jason Hart

I agree with NBrans, IF we dealt for Iverson, we'd need to keep Brad and his shooting ability. It opens up the lane for Iverson and we're already downgrading our ability to shoot from the perimeter in this deal in the first place. That's why I am against it.
.............FG%|FT%|3PTM|PTS|REB|AST|ST|BLK|TO
Allen I .413 .885 0.8 31.2 2.7 7.3 2.2 0.1 4.4
Mike B .361 .884 1.3 17.6 3.7 5.9 1.5 0.2 2.7

Just some food for thought, season avg. stats per a game. I know that Bibby is injured and it is affecting his shooting, so I don't know why he hasn't taken off time to heal that hand earlier instead of continue to have trouble with his shot. Also, I think Iverson is better at getting to the basket than Bibby and his driving inside will open up outside shots for Martin and others.

.............FG%|FT%|3PTM|PTS|REB|AST|ST|BLK|TO
Allen I .413 .885 0.8 31.2 2.7 7.3 2.2 0.1 4.4
Mike B .361 .884 1.3 17.6 3.7 5.9 1.5 0.2 2.7

Just some food for thought, season avg. stats per a game. I know that Bibby is injured and it is affecting his shooting, so I don't know why he hasn't taken off time to heal that hand earlier instead of continue to have trouble with his shot. Also, I think Iverson is better at getting to the basket than Bibby and his driving inside will open up outside shots for Martin and others.
Give Mike a little more credit than that...He shouldn't have even played in hallf those games. That comparison isn't fair...pull up their career stats and in particular their THREE POINT %'s and that's the point that I'm making. Iverson doesn't even come close to Mike from downtonw.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
If the Kings...let me rephrase that...if the Maloofs are interested in getting AI, then we could make a decent deal with the 76ers. Bibby would be in that deal. Like Peja, they won't take the chance that he will opt out. They would offer him and the 6ers might jump at that since he plays well with Webber. I don't know who else would be included, but I cannot see them giving up Miller. And, I don't think they would get Dalembert to be part of the deal.

While I am not a fan of the ball hoggish AI, I am a fan of the way he plays like a Warrior each and every game. I worry about any long-term affects he would have in Sacramento, but things would surely change around here.

I am also more than a bit concerned whether Muss could handle the likes of AI. I fear that both Ron and AI would vie for the right to "run" the team.

I will sit back with interest and just watch as things play out with Mr. Iverson and other teams.