Allegations against Luke Walton (split from new coach thread)

According to the Marcos Breton article (interview with Vlade), the Kings did a complete background check on Luke and it didn't come up.
Of course it wouldn't, background checks only get public information. If the Kings did a reference check with the Lakers and they knowing withheld the allegation is the issue.

Regardless of guilt or innocence, I really have to commend Vlade and the Kings org for the way they've handled this.

My personal opinion is that where there is smoke there is fire, and with genuine abusers, they are not one time offenders. It's a pattern of bad behavior and they leave a trail of multiple victims. So every day with no news is good news. But we need to listen, investigate and do due diligence and it is clear the Kings and the league are doing so and not just sweeping this under the rug. Quite a contrast to some of our other leagues in this country.

Also I love the comments from Fox.

Of course it wouldn't, background checks only get public information. If the Kings did a reference check with the Lakers and they knowing withheld the allegation is the issue.
I don't see any reasonable scenario where the Lakers knew of the allegation and Walton did not. It would be much more troubling to me if Walton knew of the allegation and did not disclose it to the Kings when the team was doing its due diligence before hiring him.

But we're getting pretty far into the weeds of hypotheticals here.