Ailene Voisin: We haven't had our Phil of this coach

[b said:
Mr. S£im Citrus][/b]
First of all, your personal preference in coaches doesn't have anything to do with what you asked Bricklayer. It's all fine and dandy that you think Jackson is a better coach than Adelman. So you'd rather have Phil Jackson coach the team; good for you. But that doesn't mean that it's not selling out.

Imagine, for a moment, that you're still in grammar school. At recess, a bully beats you up. And then, he laughs at you and makes fun of you in front of the whole school. You go to school tomorrow, and the same thing happens again. And again... and again. The bully continues not only to beat you up, but also continues to publically humiliate you. This goes on for years; quite naturally, you grow to hate him. Now the bully is a grade ahead of you, so he eventually goes to middle school, but you still continue to get beat up (who knows why; maybe other kids just see you as an easy target). And then, one day the bully comes back to your school and says that he can promise that you wont get beat up any more, and all you have to do is join his gang. But he isn't contrite about beating you up, or for humiliating you all those years; he just wants you to join him for the satisfaction of knowing that you had to kiss his *** to stop being beaten up.

At this point, you have a decision to make: do you compromise your integrity to side with the bully, the very same person who beat and humiliated you for years, or do you try to find some other means to stop getting beaten up? Well, if you chose the first solution, then you're the Sacramento Kings and you just hired Phil Jackson to become your head coach; you've decided that you can't beat him, so you might as well join him.

There's a word that describes this phenomena. And the word is "sellout."

Any person who has any self-respect tells the bully to go shove it; maybe you'll figure out a way to get by on your own. And maybe you'll have to get help from somebody else. But, for pete's sake, you don't accept help from him. Never from him.

Phil Jackson is that bully. And if he ever comes calling on the Maloof brothers, I certainly hope that they have the integrity between them to tell him to go shove it.

Thats a beaute Slim! ...lol

quick dog said:
I don't think it's healthy even discussing the possible appearance of Phil Jackson in Sacramento. I feel dirty.
Me too.......