Affording the depth we have already

I see a lot of folks anticipating that we might be buyers in FA over the coming seasons, but I think it’s going to cost a lot of the cap just retaining talent.

Fox
Buddy
Bogdan
Barnes
Bagley

Will likely need new contracts/raises before the contract of an impending max type. Not even counting if Harry merits some hype (which he needs to significantly show more to be on that path).

Fox/Buddy/Bagley could command significant coin. Barnes/BOgi could command 10 figures easily if they continue to be solid. The team still needs a solid supporting cast other than this 5..

A lot of money is tied up unless we are letting players go. I think we might probably look at undervalued talents than offering max to borderline max guys with the books as are

I agree, I see the team making small moves and short contracts to keep the core together. Although the primes of Fox/Bagley/Giles are 5+ years away, the next few years might be as good a chance as any to contend.

If Vlade can figure out a way to front load some of the older core guys, the team would be in a great spot. From the way they've been operating, with an eye on flexibility, I think that's the plan.

1550194321581.png

Assumptions:
  • If we resign Barnes to a $81 mil/4 year contract
  • If we resign Bogdanovic to a $63 mil/4 year contract
  • If we resign Bagley to a max/4 year contract
  • If we resign Fox to a max/5 year contract
  • If we resign Cauley-Stein to $67mil/4 year contract (please lord no)
  • If we resign Hield to a $99 mil/4 year contract
  • If the salary cap goes up by 8% each year after the 2020-21 season.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The Kings will know where they stand in the NBA landscape well before all those deals are up. If they are lucky enough to have already found that exact combo to take them into the future then I think letting Willie go and bringing in an upgrade now on a deal in the 3-4 year range makes sense.

I agree, I see the team making small moves and short contracts to keep the core together. Although the primes of Fox/Bagley/Giles are 5+ years away, the next few years might be as good a chance as any to contend.

If Vlade can figure out a way to front load some of the older core guys, the team would be in a great spot. From the way they've been operating, with an eye on flexibility, I think that's the plan.
Yep that's it, we could have two bites at the cherry here with our primary title run being in 5 years supplemented by a swing at it whilst bogy, buddy and Barnes are in their peak.

It all depends on contract structure and ideally we retain buddy/bogy for the primary on cheap deals after their prime is up

Entity

Hall of Famer
I see a lot of folks anticipating that we might be buyers in FA over the coming seasons, but I think it’s going to cost a lot of the cap just retaining talent.

Fox
Buddy
Bogdan
Barnes
Bagley

Will likely need new contracts/raises before the contract of an impending max type. Not even counting if Harry merits some hype (which he needs to significantly show more to be on that path).

Fox/Buddy/Bagley could command significant coin. Barnes/BOgi could command 10 figures easily if they continue to be solid. The team still needs a solid supporting cast other than this 5..

A lot of money is tied up unless we are letting players go. I think we might probably look at undervalued talents than offering max to borderline max guys with the books as are
10 figures? As in a billion? I like Barnes and bogi but the aren’t worth a billion lol

Per Woj, Bledsoe agreed with the Bucks to a 4/70 extension. Really nice comp for us on Buddy’s extension.

Also, further proof that Rich Paul only really gets guys paid when Lebron is directly involved. Wildly overrated agent.

View attachment 8923

Assumptions:
  • If we resign Barnes to a $81 mil/4 year contract
  • If we resign Bogdanovic to a $63 mil/4 year contract
  • If we resign Bagley to a max/4 year contract
  • If we resign Fox to a max/5 year contract
  • If we resign Cauley-Stein to $67mil/4 year contract (please lord no)
  • If we resign Hield to a $99 mil/4 year contract
  • If the salary cap goes up by 8% each year after the 2020-21 season.
Couple things. Giles is the big wildcard. You can't put him as a sure thing to get a big contract right now but that possibility is very much there. Another thing is that's only 6 players, most teams round out their core with role players, and while cheap it's not a non-existent cost.

Probably don't want to give WCS that deal, don't want to give Barnes that much, probably don't even want to give Bogdanovic that much actually. But more than the amount, I'd be more comfortable giving those guys 2, 3, and 3 year deals respectively.