Tyrese Haliburton

For

Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Juan Hernangomez
Dennis Schroder
Jabari Parker

Why for SAC?
Kings sell of their vets and two most recent 1st round draft picks to put a legitimate star talent next to Fox. Fox (23) and Brown (25) would be a nice 1-2 punch that fits well on paper and still are not yet in their prime. This trade also clears their books for the 2023 offseason. They'd be able to add a max free agent to Fox, Brown, 2022 1st, & 2023 1st to give them a big 3 to hopefully make them a contender in the west.

PG - Fox / Schroder
SG - Davis / Ramsey
SF - Brown / Harkless / Woodard
PF - Bagley / Hernangomez / Metu / Parker
C - Horford / Len / Thompson / Jones

Why for BOS?
Add a lot of good fitting pieces around Tatum to help them win now while also still having a stockpile of young players to move if the right trade comes along (Mitchell, Pritchard, Haliburton, Langford, Nesmith, G. Williams, R. Williams).

PG - Smart / Mitchell / Pritchard
SG - Haliburton / Hield / Langford
SF - Tatum / Richardson / Nesmith
PF - Barnes / G. Williams
C - Holmes / R. Williams / Kanter / Fernando

Read that Boston denies any interest in trading Brown. Too bad, I’d sure give up a lot to get him.
As much as I like Brown and this brings us a star, think your trade favors Boston.

Read that Boston denies any interest in trading Brown. Too bad, I’d sure give up a lot to get him.
As much as I like Brown and this brings us a star, think your trade favors Boston.
It def favors Boston in terms of players. Clearing the books for a 3rd all-star-caliber player next to Fox and Brown is the key. If you buy that no such player would come to Sac as a free agent, then it's a real non-starter, I think, cuz, unless/until Bags becomes an above-average player, that whole team beyond Fox and Brown is pretty uninspiring.

It def favors Boston in terms of players. Clearing the books for a 3rd all-star-caliber player next to Fox and Brown is the key. If you buy that no such player would come to Sac as a free agent, then it's a real non-starter, I think, cuz, unless/until Bags becomes an above-average player, that whole team beyond Fox and Brown is pretty uninspiring.
We're currently 12-17. 9th worst record in the league right now. I think this trade actually makes the kings worse on the floor immediately despite receiving the best player in the deal.

So that means we have established two young, star (or fringe star) players that complement each other to build around. Then since our impact on the floor is likely worse to finish out the 2021-22 season, we likely end up in a higher spot than 9 which gives us a better shot at finding another gem to put next to Fox & Brown long term.

Then during the 2022 offseason, we'll basically have no cap space with the following players under contract: Fox, Brown, Horford, Hernangomez, Harkless, Davis, Len, Metu, Ramsey, Woodard, and our 2022 1st. That team doesn't wow me and I'd think it would translate to yet another lottery pick which we'd add to our long term core.

Then the 2023 offseason hits and we'd have the following players under contract...
  1. De'Aaron Fox
  2. Jaylen Brown
  3. 2022 SAC 1st (likely top 5-10)
  4. 2023 SAC 1st (likely top 14)
...with the ability to add a max free agent via our cap space.

It's a stars league at the end of the day. Fox & Brown both have star potential. I don't see that with Mitchell, Haliburton, Hield, Barnes, or Holmes. Not only does this trade give us another star talent, it likely improves our odds of finding a 3rd star talent via the 2022 draft (since the pick would likely be higher), 2023 draft (likely a lottery pick if the 2022 pick isn't instantly impactful), and/or 2023 free agency. Hell you could strike gold and draft a star with the pick in 2022 and sign another star during the 2023 offseason and all of a sudden have a core of Fox, Brown, Star C, & Star D.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t know about the deal but I do agree that we need to acquire a second star type player to go with Fox not deal Fox for lesser players. Love Hali and Davion but they are not going to be stars although Hali has an outside chance. It’s why I brought up Chicago and how they improved once they added Derozan to Lavine. All of the sudden people stopped griping so much about Lavine there.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I see no way that McNair trades his prized pick in Haliburton. He will hang his hat on that first pick and build around him
I don't know about that. If he follows the same management style as his old boss then everyone is expendable in pursuit of star players. I'd forgotten about this but the first move Morey made when taking over the Rockets was hiring Rick Adelman after we'd let him go. Then he packaged one of his first draft picks (Donte Greene) in a deal for Ron Artest a year later. Packaging recent draft picks and future picks in deals for veterans was pretty much his favorite move. That and cleaning up our messes. He also traded for Kevin Martin when we soured on him and then packaged him in the James Harden deal. In other words, he owes us. :)

hrdboild

Staff member
I doubt Boston trades Brown unless it’s just a too good to pass up deal. I think he’s their best player (contrary to popular opinion) and a better two way player than Tatum, and certainly more efficient.
Unfortunately I have to agree. I'd love to have Jaylen Brown, I think he's developed into a true first option on offense and he would benefit from playing alongside either Fox or Haliburton. I'd be willing to trade almost our entire roster to get him but looking at the way he's playing right now I don't think Brad Stevens will give him up.

I don't know about that. If he follows the same management style as his old boss then everyone is expendable in pursuit of star players. I'd forgotten about this but the first move Morey made when taking over the Rockets was hiring Rick Adelman after we'd let him go. Then he packaged one of his first draft picks (Donte Greene) in a deal for Ron Artest a year later. Packaging recent draft picks and future picks in deals for veterans was pretty much his favorite move. That and cleaning up our messes. He also traded for Kevin Martin when we soured on him and then packaged him in the James Harden deal. In other words, he owes us. :)
I think he has made Fox available in conversations, but Haliburton is not. Obviously if someone offers an over the top deal for him, he'd listen, but that's not going to happen

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Haliburton needs and actual skilled Big man. I hate that all our talent is under 6'9
In fairness, I do think Holmes is talented and he's 6'10". But I understand what your saying and I agree. It would be nice to have a talented 7 footer on our team, particularly in certain matchups. The idea that the center position is obsolete sounds fine until Holmes goes up against the Adams and Embid's of the world.

Entity

Hall of Famer
In fairness, I do think Holmes is talented and he's 6'10". But I understand what your saying and I agree. It would be nice to have a talented 7 footer on our team, particularly in certain matchups. The idea that the center position is obsolete sounds fine until Holmes goes up against the Adams and Embid's of the world.
I don’t think Holmes is talented. He hustles but no real skill set. The thought of him dribbling or trying to pass or even shoot outside of 6 feet is horrifying

I don’t think Holmes is talented. He hustles but no real skill set. The thought of him dribbling or trying to pass or even shoot outside of 6 feet is horrifying
He's extremely skilled at certain things and has no skills when it comes to others. One of the most efficient scorers in all of basketball in the paint but has nothing outside the paint. Not big enough to be a rim protector but one of the best perimeter defending bigs in the game. Ideally he's an energy guy that comes in and helps pick up the intensity but he's our best big at the moment and that's not his fault.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's extremely skilled at certain things and has no skills when it comes to others. One of the most efficient scorers in all of basketball in the paint but has nothing outside the paint. Not big enough to be a rim protector but one of the best perimeter defending bigs in the game. Ideally he's an energy guy that comes in and helps pick up the intensity but he's our best big at the moment and that's not his fault.
I think the frustrating thing in regards to Holmes is that he has a very solid shooting stroke (hence him being an 80% shooter from the line) but he absolutely refuses to shoot anything that isn't a push shot or a dunk. He's an elite rim runner/pick and roll player but him not being a threat to pop on screens and hit jumpers makes us predictable when we run pick and roll actions. It doesn't really hurt you too much when you score in the paint with the efficiency of Holmes but it does limit the concepts you can run on offense at times, especially when you've got a guard that thrives in pick and roll like Tyrese.

Entity

Hall of Famer
He has always had those abilities when he wasn’t paid 12 million and came off the bench for 15 min on average teams. We are so talentless we pay him 12 mil to do it a little more and get some numbers and still lose.

I’m just saying based off everybody’s opinion on here cumulative fox is all star type, haliburton is on his way to stardom, Holmes is the most efficient big and people rarely complain, Barnes is a solid vet and good on both ends of the floor. If all those things were true we wouldn’t suck so bad. Somebody is lying to themselves. Truth is fox is a one trick pony, haliburton is a good playmaker and can spot shoot. Holmes depends on another player to be relevant at all on the offensive end. The only truth is Barnes is solid. I mean Tristan Thompson was a forgotten man dang near unwanted. Yet he is solid for us and our leader. That’s how bad we are.

NBA Rumors: Kings Could Land Jaylen Brown And Al Horford For De'Aaron Fox And Buddy Hield - Fadeaway World

How about
Fox , Buddy, Metu, Ramsey for Jaylen Brown, Al Horford, Peyton Pritchard, Aaron Nesmith and maybe 2022 1st?

kings get a star wing, Backup Guard, Backup Wing, Horford salary for 1st rd Pick, save 4 Mil to lower Tax hit

Celtics get two stars, 3rd String PG, Backup PF, better fit for Tatum

Hali, Pritchard
Mitchell,TD
Brown, Nesmith,Harkless,Woodard
Barnes, Bagley, TT
Holmes,Horford,Len,Jones

Yes too many bigs but have take in Horford to make salary work

NBA Rumors: Kings Could Land Jaylen Brown And Al Horford For De'Aaron Fox And Buddy Hield - Fadeaway World

How about
Fox , Buddy, Metu, Ramsey for Jaylen Brown, Al Horford, Peyton Pritchard, Aaron Nesmith and maybe 2022 1st?

kings get a star wing, Backup Guard, Backup Wing, Horford salary for 1st rd Pick, save 4 Mil to lower Tax hit

Hali, Pritchard
Mitchell,TD
Barnes, Bagley, TT
Holmes,Horford,Len,Jones

Fadeaway word stop it

How about

Hali, Pritchard
Mitchell,TD
Barnes, Bagley, TT
Holmes,Horford,Len,Jones

I'm not understanding how tacking on Metu and Ramsey for Pritchard, Nesmith and a first round pick makes any sense from the Celtics side.

hrdboild

Staff member
I'm not understanding how tacking on Metu and Ramsey for Pritchard, Nesmith and a first round pick makes any sense from the Celtics side.
It doesn't make sense for the Celtics. If Jalen Brown is in a deal the Celtics are most likely not the ones sending out a first round pick. I can understand why Boston would want a big in return if they're trading Horford but the question would be: does Boston hope to get better immediately by trading Brown or to load up on assets? If they hope to get better immediately I think they keep Horford and try to replace Brown with a better playmaker and ideally a cheaper contract. That's if they like the core of the team but have lost faith in the Tatum/Brown duo. If they take the load up on assets route they'll want expiring contracts, young players, and multiple picks.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If Monte is looking at a deal with Fox, then it’s Brown for Fox and whatever else is involved it’s to match salaries. And I said If. If Boston wants additional assets, then Monte can tell them to pound sand.

In his 2nd year he did put up 77 3pt shots and made 27 of them (in 50 or so games) so that type of skill just does not go away. But since then he has not played out that far because I assume his offensive rebounding is more important than his 35% 3pt shooting when taking 1.5 3pt shots a game. But I have been to a few games and see him shooting at range and making them..

EDIT: in the shootaround I have seen him hit shots not the actual game itself.

Last edited: