Adelman will not be Fired, But Should He Be?

What is up with this guy and his rotations? he has a 7'2" center in ostertag yet he does not play him on shaq the entire game?
Shaq hates playing ostertag because he his a big body he cannot totally push around. and yet ostertag did not play 1 min with shaq in the game. adleman continue to play shaq with a 6'9" guy in skinner.
The team was obviously tired and I thought that when the second team came in they did a decent job.
He did not call a time out when the kings came back and were only down by 1 then started making mistakes and were instanly down by 10, then no time outs then down by 15
The team looked tired especially bibby and mobley, yet he did not play mo evans, house or martin more than 9 mins.
He is going to kill bibby and evans if the kings make the playoffs.
This reminds me of 2 years ago when chris got hurt and no one else had played enough minutes to have experience to help the kings.
If anyone gets injured in the kings back court they are not going to have enough playing time to know what to do.
I know joe maloof said tonight that adlemans job is not in jeapordy but I think it should be if he cannot use his new deeper bench!

Couldn't this have gone on the other lousy Adelman thread? You cant judge a coach's job after 1 week with new players.

Heuge said:
Couldn't this have gone on the other lousy Adelman thread? You cant judge a coach's job after 1 week with new players.
im saying

or you could of picked up the conversation in your other Adelman rotations thread Jim

Heuge said:
this has nothing to do with his job to just coach these players for one week, this is a continual problem with adleman is that he rides a few certain players and then if the get injured the kings are screwed.

This is why I complain that he does not play certain players more and rest others more. get them experience. these guys need to play. and the ostertag thing tonight really was crazy, why not have him in there guarding shaq? this is the coach's decision.

The loss is not his fault but the substitution patterns and the lack of playing time is his responsibility as a coach.

Diehard Jim said:
and the ostertag thing tonight really was crazy, why not have him in there guarding shaq?
BTW- Tag would not have saved us tonight, we were toast. Skinner actually did a very, very good job on him tonight.

Diehard Jim said:
What is up with this guy and his rotations? he has a 7'2" center in ostertag yet he does not play him on shaq the entire game?
Shaq hates playing ostertag because he his a big body he cannot totally push around. and yet ostertag did not play 1 min with shaq in the game. adleman continue to play shaq with a 6'9" guy in skinner.
Notice Shaq didn't have a dominating performance this game. This was an equal opportunity drubbing by the Heat.

Heuge said:
BTW- Tag would not have saved us tonight, we were toast. Skinner actually did a very, very good job on him tonight.
Tag? Huege please help me here with this guy... Did we just go to the twighlight zone midseason or something. Jim what are you on? Does it kill the pain? Cuz I need some...

wow, what is up with you guys and your obsession with putting things in other threads?
I think adleman is a good coach just not great coach, and I am asking a question about if you think that he should be behind the 8 ball? I mean some coaches coach better when there job is on the line.
It is kind of strange that the kings losing ways directly coincide with his extension.

J

JohnGalt

Geoff Petrie should be fired. What did anybody expect this team to do after shedding the bench one year (Hedo, Jackson, Clark) and the starting lineup the next (Vlade, Webber, Christie).

If you expected better you were dreaming. This is Geoff's fault, not coach Adelman's

Diehard Jim said:
II am asking a question about if you think that he should be behind the 8 ball?
No.What are you watching? We just aren't in the Heats league anymore(no matter who the hell adelman plays!) thats all.

you guys don't get it I am not saying that tag would have changed the outcome of the game, but the truth is that he has played shaq a lot and this would have been the perfect time for the coach to play him.

I guess the rudeness from some of you is coming from the losses the kings are having, we are all for the same team but to have people who think there thoughts are the only ones are stupid.

If Shaq was dominating this game, Adelman would probably have tried Tag more but that wasn't the case. And besides that, when has Tag ever been known as a Shaq stopper (or anyone for that matter)? He got manhandled in Utah as a starter and he's a bench warmer now with one less kidney. Tag would have made no difference defensively and would definitely be worse offensively.

KP said:
No.What are you watching? We just aren't in the Heats league anymore(no matter who the hell adelman plays!) thats all.
Did I say we were in the same league? we were getting druged out there by the heat, and I expected to see adleman work some other players out there.

It was obvious from the first quarter that the kings were not going to be able to keep up with the heat, even though the heat had played the night before.

I would just like to see him play more players and try some other stuff. we got beat by 21 with our starters playing most of the game, our reserves probably would have gotten beaten by 31. LOL

I don't know what game everyone else was watching but bibby looked exhausted and so did mobley.

I doubt we'd get a better coach than adelman, especially at this point in the season (who's out there? Saunders and Cheeks? and that Lakers guy...). Besides, we have a pretty cool coaching staff. Go Pete Carril!:D

Diehard Jim said:
I would just like to see him play more players and try some other stuff. we got beat by 21 with our starters playing most of the game, our reserves probably would have gotten beaten by 31. LOL

I don't know what game everyone else was watching but bibby looked exhausted and so did mobley.
I would like to see more substitutions too, with more T.O.'s. You're right, we were getting beat and the logical thing to do is try other options. And I am worried about Mobley and Bibby burning out, tis a very hard time for them both on the floor and off, I suspect.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I thought Tag should have started too -- but the Skinner move worked pretty well. So if that's the grounds for firing Rick the answer is absolutely not. His move tongiht worked fine.