49ers and Raiders... Oh my!

I didnt see the first half of the Niners game and only saw a bit of the Raiders game (Napear's homerism was sickening) but these 2 teams are not looking too good right now.

Its the preseason so you take these game with a grain of salt but my 49ers look awful just as I thought they would. The defense is awful. Doesn't look like this season is going to be that enjoyable. I know im being a pessimist but is there something about this team I can be optimistic about?;)

If any... Dorsey wasn half bad in the 4th against the Chargers 3rd string... Guess that was something positive:p

The Raiders may struggle to .500. Their running game isn't that good this year. Looks like the Raiders may be throwing 40 plus times a game.

Sounds like the only descent football this year will be by the Cal Bears of Berkley.

The Raiders will make the playoffs.

SD is crap.
KC will choke.
Denver who?

Give the Raiders 2 regular season games to all get together and then watch out.

49ers are already done. First time in 30 years since they have gone 0-4 in the preseason.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The 49ers will go 8-8, and miss the wildcard by 2 games...Their true starting offense has good, albeit not great pieces...

QB---Rattay---Doesn't impress me, I like Dorsey, but can get it done. 3-1 career starting mark, and a strong arm.

FB---Beasly---One of the best in the game.
HB---Barlow---1000 yds. in 6ish starts.

WR---Lloyd---A stud in the making. Has great playmaking abilitys, and can grab awesome catches.
TE---Johnson---Pretty good. Can catch the ball.

And the defense has a good share of parts too...

Line---Andre Carter, Engelberger...Both good.

LB---Julian Peterson---Awesome. Another stud.
S---Tony Parrish---Stud.
CB---Ahmed Plummer---Future stud.

So the 49er's won't have a good 04-05 season, but have pieces in place (Assuming Dr. York keeps them.....So I wont hold my breath) to be good in the future.

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
The Raiders will make the playoffs.

SD is crap.
KC will choke.
Denver who?

Give the Raiders 2 regular season games to all get together and then watch out.

49ers are already done. First time in 30 years since they have gone 0-4 in the preseason.
Hmm... the Raiders... weren't they in the playoffs a couple years ago? Yeah... they used to be a pretty decent team... back in the day...

SLAB said:
The 49ers will go 8-8, and miss the wildcard by 2 games...Their true starting offense has good, albeit not great pieces...

QB---Rattay---Doesn't impress me, I like Dorsey, but can get it done. 3-1 career starting mark, and a strong arm.

WR---Lloyd---A stud in the making. Has great playmaking abilitys, and can grab awesome catches.

S---Tony Parrish---Stud.

So the 49er's won't have a good 04-05 season, but have pieces in place (Assuming Dr. York keeps them.....So I wont hold my breath) to be good in the future.
8-8 to me would be a miracle..lol:p

SLAB said:

S---Tony Parrish---Stud.

There are 3 things that the Niners need to do to become contenders:

1)Start Pickett at QB

2)Get a D-line that can stop the run. Our current D-line is TINY. We need some beef.

3)Keep O-line healthy. This killed us last year. It is hard to block well when there is a new 5 out there every week.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
8-8 to me would be a miracle..lol
I think it's an achievable, optomistic, goal.

1)Start Pickett at QB
I don't think so. Start Dorsey.

2)Get a D-line that can stop the run. Our current D-line is TINY. We need some beef.
Tiny but quick...Hopfully Whiting passes his physical, because he's a run-stop type player.

3)Keep O-line healthy. This killed us last year. It is hard to block well when there is a new 5 out there every week.
Agreed.

Also, make your field goals and extra points...PLEASE!

But I still think the Niners defense alone will win them a few games, and there offense can hold its ground. 7-9 or 8-8. No playoffs.

Theres no way the 49ers defense that consists of midgets and weaklings will be able to stop anybody. Just like last year they will be giving up a ton of yardage. Having speed means nothing if you can't tackle. it was Maddening to watch the Niners just bouncing off offensive players just about every play the last few years really. Ive watched some of these great players of the future we have and i still dont see whats just so great and them. :confused:

Id like tobe optimistic but be pulling everything but the kitchen sink over my eyes to ignore the obvious..... Niners defense will stink to high heaven.

: sighs :

Last edited: