22 games in, your Kings are AVERAGE defensively!

Dallas makes no sense to me whatsoever. Eighth? Really? Luka & Co as stoppers? Makes me wonder how accurate that defensive stat is. If they can manage to make the 8th slot I don't see why the Kings can't tie them for 8th.
I feel like Dallas plays at a slower pace for some reason but i could be wrong.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I feel like Dallas plays at a slower pace for some reason but i could be wrong.
Maybe that's what it is. I was searching for some reason they could be 8th and pace seems reasonable. But if pace is a factor maybe the stat isn't what it's cracked up to be and the Kings are a better team than what their current ranking would suggest.

Kings definitely play a lot better defense the last few games. Before that, sometimes they would give up too many easy penetrations. I guess they talk among themselves to clean it up and communicate in regard to rotation. And Brown is playing Mitchell and Okpala off the bench a lot more together...so that helps. I knew Kings is going to give themselves a lot of chance to succeed with this type of Golden States style of offense and defense. Offensively, there is a lot of movement and cuts but the difference is Sabonis is the main distributors where as in GS, it was mainly Green running fast break at break neck speed and distribute the ball to guys wide open. The problem is that GS going through Green can be prone to turnovers because he's a high risk taker...but Sabonis is much more careful with the passes. On defense, they're rotating and helping covering any hole/penetrating by playing switching defense. This is something the Warriors are known to be good at throughout the years...they like to play small ball for that reason. The Kings basically employed the same thing. So, if they can lock it down both end, they're going to win give themselves a lot of chance night in night out. But that's going to required a lot of practice and honing/communications but it looks like they're getting it and definitely listening to what Mike Brown is preaching.

It's funny to see this team on paper vs some of our teams that only won 20 something games. Chemistry and roles play a huge part in win loss totals. If I am not mistaken it was either KZ or Metu saying after the Kings won in LA that they know their role, and strive to play it well.

I just got done watching Bucks/ Magic. What do you think Brown with Giannis. Orlando had Mo Wagner racking up fouls on him. He has a bunch of his points one his patented transition drives. KZ time?

That kind of upper echelon defensive performance will likely wane as the Kings face teams with big time superstars that crater defenses all by themselves (like Giannis tonight, for example), but if Mike Brown has truly managed to transform the Kings into a top-15 defense to pair with their elite offensive efficiency, then the playoffs are a near certainty, and a second-round appearance is hardly a fantasy. I remain so curious to see how their team defense shakes out in the long term.

That kind of upper echelon defensive performance will likely wane as the Kings face teams with big time superstars that crater defenses all by themselves (like Giannis tonight, for example), but if Mike Brown has truly managed to transform the Kings into a top-15 defense to pair with their elite offensive efficiency, then the playoffs are a near certainty, and a second-round appearance is hardly a fantasy. I remain so curious to see how their team defense shakes out in the long term.
Tonight is going to look pretty bad because of the Bucks rebounding vs the Kings. There will be a LOT of 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities, and I hope the Kings focus on that. Maybe play KZ and Metu more tonight and telling them to stay on the DEF boards with Sabonis. Heck, give Holmes a chance. He's a decent defensive rebounder right? Or am I thinking offense?

Hmm, I wonder why our defense has really picked up?

It is strange that probably the 2 best defenders on the team come off the bench, but hey. If it works, it works
At this point I'm forced to acknowledge that I must be getting something wrong. Seems like everytime I see KZ he is unable to guard without fouling.

Perhaps its because I'm only noticing when he has to pickup someone like Devin Booker or that caliber of player. Higher probability of picking up a foul?