2021 NFL Draft Open Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We’ll see. I’ve landed on “cautiously optimistic”, I said from the start Lance is the scariest of the prospects. But so many people talk about sky high potential. Decent? Give the guy a bit more credit. I also think Kap is kind of a lazy comparison. This kid is apparently well beyond his years in actually being a QB, and incredibly smart at the position ... not anything Kap ever got too much credit for.

And with Jimmy around its the perfect scenario for him. He gets to sit and get a “Mahomes” year (or some games until Jimmy gets hurt). The entire weight of the franchise isn’t on his shoulders from day one. It’ll get there, but I’m happy it’s not on day one.

Finally, he still isn’t McCorkle. That would be the disaster trade-up for #3. Thats the guy you don’t go all-in for.
Aside from both being African Americans with rocket arms, Lance and Kap are nothing alike as players lol.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The thing about Pace is he has also found some good players in the later rounds. We still need a CB, WR and OL so I expect those to make up some of our remaining 4 picks.
On the WR front I wonder if Jalen Hurd is ever going to step onto a football field. He seemed like such an intriguing talent, but those injuries...

We’ll see. I’ve landed on “cautiously optimistic”, I said from the start Lance is the scariest of the prospects. But so many people talk about sky high potential. Decent? Give the guy a bit more credit. I also think Kap is kind of a lazy comparison. This kid is apparently well beyond his years in actually being a QB, and incredibly smart at the position ... not anything Kap ever got too much credit for
And with Jimmy around its the perfect scenario for him. He gets to sit and get a “Mahomes” year (or some games until Jimmy gets hurt). The entire weight of the franchise isn’t on his shoulders from day one. It’ll get there, but I’m happy it’s not on day one.

Finally, he still isn’t McCorkle. That would be the disaster trade-up for #3. Thats the guy you don’t go all-in for.
My point is along with Priscoe, two #1 picks is at leaat coin flip odds from being a poor outcome. This is why teams trade down for more picks. Lots talented players have come from later rounds. Mariotta was highly touted, and he's a borderline starter. It's a big coin flip - if they were looking for development just take a QB at 12...