2020 NBA Draft Thread (Twitter spoilers friendly)

Per SB Nation:

"
Tyrese Haliburton is a weird prospect. A 6’5 guard from Iowa State, Haliburton is often billed as one of the class’ top point guards. The issue is he is not one. This is not to say he is incapable of playing the position, but rather that he doesn’t operate like one.

Haliburton is a good representative of a small archetype of players that may be labeled “connectors.” They do basically what it sounds like: link up play. The idea is not to function as an engine of offense by commanding high usage and high control of the ball but instead fill in cracks, make timely decisions that produce scoring opportunities, and generally add without taking away."

[IMG]https://community.kingsfans.com/data/avatars/m/45/45765.jpg?1598146134[/IMG]
kb02
Starter

Dec 3, 2019

Tyrese Halliburton of Iowa State and Myles Powell of Seton Hall were the two most impressive prospects that I watched over Thanksgiving break. Tyrese plays a bit like a UCLA version of Lonzo Ball while Myles Powell plays like Donovan Mitchell. Haliburton is currently slated as a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the top 5. Powell would be a second round steal.

So wjat your sayimg is there is a chance

Per SB Nation:

"
Tyrese Haliburton is a weird prospect. A 6’5 guard from Iowa State, Haliburton is often billed as one of the class’ top point guards. The issue is he is not one. This is not to say he is incapable of playing the position, but rather that he doesn’t operate like one.

Haliburton is a good representative of a small archetype of players that may be labeled “connectors.” They do basically what it sounds like: link up play. The idea is not to function as an engine of offense by commanding high usage and high control of the ball but instead fill in cracks, make timely decisions that produce scoring opportunities, and generally add without taking away."
Sounds perfect with fox,Buddy, et.al

Per SB Nation:

"

He's the type of player the Warriors would usually draft. He and Fox is pretty thin in a world of Hardens, LeBrons, DeRozans, etc. but he compliments both Buddy and Fox. I still think there are a ton of decent prospects with better athletic tools but he's got a shot here at least.

Haliburton is a good prospect but the athletic tools matter. They just do.
Yeah, cause there’s not a myriad of examples of players lacking athletic tools that have been dominant players or anything, right?

Athletic tools only matter when the player has elite basketball skills to go with it. Or to compensate for not being overly skilled.

Overly skilled players lacking athletic tools are typically pretty successful.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's the type of player the Warriors would usually draft. He and Fox is pretty thin in a world of Hardens, LeBrons, DeRozans, etc. but he compliments both Buddy and Fox. I still think there are a ton of decent prospects with better athletic tools but he's got a shot here at least.
Considering how we just spent 48 hours seeing people completely disregard Bogi’s bad athleticism as he moved to Mil, not sure this is as big a concern as it might have been a few years ago.

Wow, can't believe Haliburton was there for us, I am ecstatic! Didn't even consider him a realistic possibility, one of my favourite players in the draft.

Very unorthodox shooter, but effective. Outstanding passer and very active defensively, high IQ and an awesome personality!

McNair must be on cloud nine right now.
My thoughts exactly. Wasn't even letting myself think about him cuz I thought there was no chance he'd be on the board.

People said the same thing about Bagley and Doncic.
That means size too. Doncic is a load. Dude can stick PF's. pairing up 190 pounds of fury in a backcourt isn't the same thing. That said, he's total glue and the value was there. I'm just glad we didn't see an average sized PG with potential watch his career flatline because Kangz, lol.

Yeah, cause there’s not a myriad of examples of players lacking athletic tools that have been dominant players or anything, right?

Athletic tools only matter when the player has elite basketball skills to go with it. Or to compensate for not being overly skilled.

Overly skilled players lacking athletic tools are typically pretty successful.
He dropped. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons why.

Considering how we just spent 48 hours seeing people completely disregard Bogi’s bad athleticism as he moved to Mil, not sure this is as big a concern as it might have been a few years ago.
Bogi is like 230 pounds though. That makes a difference. Haliburton has tenacity though and he's going to need it.