2019 NBA All-Star Weekend Events (merged)

Do you watch all of the All-Star Weekend events?

• Total voters
Buddy did us proud, shame couldn't replicate his first round but experience will prove him better next 3 point shootout. Joe the dark horse deserves all his props, glad he got it done. My second pick next to buddy to get it done

Super stoked a curry didn't win it

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
That Diallo dunk was awesome. A true "50" dunk. Not some bogus "misses the dunk 5 times and then finally nails it".
I had paused the TV to do something and came back to watch the skills and 3-point contest. I skipped ahead and saw someone trying a dunk. Like 4 times in a row. Missed the same freaking dunk 4 times. And still got 30+ points?!?!? Absolutely stupid. Turned it off for good.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I had paused the TV to do something and came back to watch the skills and 3-point contest. I skipped ahead and saw someone Miles Bridges trying a dunk. Like 4 times in a row. Missed the same freaking dunk 4 times. And still got 30+ points?!?!?
By rule, the lowest score he could have received for missing the dunk is thirty points. Now, why he got 33 points, anyway... your guess is as good as mine.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
By rule, the lowest score he could have received for missing the dunk is thirty points. Now, why he got 33 points, anyway... your guess is as good as mine.
OK....whatever.

I don't see why anyone in a dunk contest who can't complete a dunk (especially with 4attempts!) should get any points. Do the 3 point shooters get partial credit for misses? Not arguing with you, just stating the stupidity of the rules they implemented for the contest.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
All-Star Trivia: Dirk Nowitzki is making his fourteenth and final All-Star appearance tonight. Presuming that he is not named MVP tonight, he will take sole possession of the record for most All-Star appearances without ever being named All-Star Game MVP, a record which he shared with John Havlicek, prior to tonight.