2018 Redraft Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Coach Carlilse and the Mavs player development had a lot to do with Luka's success. Plus the Mav's built their team around him. I just don't think he would have looked the same under Joerger. Fox and Bagley both struggled as Rookies with Joerger at the helm.

By the way just a question for the OP. Did the report that Vlade and Walton will be retained prompt this rehash of the draft? Do any of you really trust Hollinger's take on any of this?
Generational guys will succeed wherever they get drafted, Fox no matter how good he is isn’t close to the player that Luka is so that comparison wouldn’t work. Mavs were reporting he was there best player before trainning camp started I’m sure we would’ve seen the same thing as well. He probably doesn’t do 21/7/6 but he would’ve been over 18/5/5

Generational guys will succeed wherever they get drafted, Fox no matter how good he is isn’t close to the player that Luka is so that comparison wouldn’t work. Mavs were reporting he was there best player before trainning camp started I’m sure we would’ve seen the same thing as well. He probably doesn’t do 21/7/6 but he would’ve been over 18/5/5
Nah, he would have been a SF coming off the bench. He would not even have been the primary ball handler.

IMO Coach Carlilse and the Mavs player development had a lot to do with Luka's success. Plus the Mav's built their team around him. I just don't think he would have looked the same under Joerger. Fox and Bagley both struggled as Rookies with Joerger at the helm.

By the way just a question for the OP. Did the report that Vlade and Walton will be retained prompt this rehash of the draft? Do any of you really trust Hollinger's take on any of this?
This is all a fun discussion, but I don’t really trust Hollinger’s integrity. According to Hollinger, Hollinger is always the smartest guy in the room. Perusing old articles, there seemed to be a lot of early excitement for Bagley in Memphis—they thought they had a good chance to get him. Then he refused to work out there and it seems they pivoted to JJJ. Maybe Hollinger speaks the truth, but he’s writing for the Athletic now and someone else is building the new look Grizz.

perhaps he is revising. No way for any of us to know for sure.

Well Vlade is a fraudulent GM. No other franchise would employ him in any front office capacity. Let's just hope that Bagley comes back strong and proves his worth.
Did you run a survey or something? Anyone acting as if Vlade suddenly doesn't know the game of basketball is off base.

Did you run a survey or something? Anyone acting as if Vlade suddenly doesn't know the game of basketball is off base.
I'm not talking about finding a guy who's cutting to the basket I'm talking about running a team. If vlade would get fired today (and every day I hope today is that day) no other team would say "vlade is available get his agent on the phone".

Status
Not open for further replies.