2 waived

I'm actually a little surprised by this. Here was the post production last night from those whose position may not be assured:

Chantelle: 12 min., 2/6, 0/2 4 pts., 3 reb., 1 st., 3 TO, 1 BS
Olympia: 16 min., 2/5, 0/2 4 pts., 1 reb., 1 st., 1 TO, 1 BS
Greenwalt: 12 min., 2/3, 4 pts., 3 reb., 0 st., 0 TO, 1 BS
Grima: 11 min., 2/5, 1/2 5 pts., 4 reb., 0 st, 0 TO, 0 BS

I thought Greenwalt and Grima would get another shot Saturday at showing what they have. Given the fact the Monarchs were out-rebounded last night, two players that produced nearly 1/3 of the boards might have garnered another look.

stats

No I think based on what I saw these were the right moves.
Grima wasn't athletic enough. Greenwalt seemed okay but didn't really impress. And now that they are starting to play games rather than practice it is time for this squad to learn how to player better together.

The strange thing is Diana Looked to be having an very ordinary game, but I looked at the score board and she had 20, and I wondered how that happened. Maybe we were all caught up in checking out the team that Phoenix was secondary. Strange... I wasn't too upset that we lost.

Go Figure...

I had that same reaction too re: Taurasi. I remembered thinking "man! she's been pretty quiet tonight (the technical nothwithstanding) and then looked up at the scoreboard (after she kept dropping 3's on the defense) and she was in the upper teens. DeForge was the one catching my attention - I was trying to figure out why we can never shut her down.

I barely noticed any of the secondary players. I had forgotten about Irvin and Wright. That is until Irvin was left uncovered on the perimeter and sank a 3 on the defense.

Luv13fan said:
Greenwalt seemed okay but didn't really impress. And now that they are starting to play games rather than practice it is time for this squad to learn how to player better together.
Actually, she was great against the Chinese team. She scored 17 pts. and had 7 rebounds in 17 minutes. I agree it's time to start transitioning to your regular team, but I really would have had Greenwalt and Scott vying for that last post position. I guess it's a moot point anyway.