1st preseason game

Begging the question. What is the "most IMPORTANT aspect" of what you need? And who decides?
Exactly. If shooting is the most IMPORTANT aspect for a SG then how come we're not starting Jimmer? Because he's not as talented in other areas? Then how can you say that shooting is the most important aspect?

I love how no one is excited for basketball to be back in this thread. I hate Reke at SF as much as anybody, but damn, it's the first preseason game. Relax!

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I love how no one is excited for basketball to be back in this thread. I hate Reke at SF as much as anybody, but damn, it's the first preseason game. Relax!
It's the first preseason game...
Let's try this for a week...
Let's try this for a month...
Next year, with a whole summer and training camp...

Honestly, I had hoped that we would spend this preseason arguing (in a healthy way, of course) about which backcourt combination would work the best between our guards. Unfortunately, it looks like it's back to the Evans at SF argument, same old, same old. Smart is going to have to do quite a bit over the next few weeks to get me back in his good graces. This roster does have some sort of balance - the coaches just refuse to use it logically.

It's the first preseason game...
Let's try this for a week...
Let's try this for a month...
Next year, with a whole summer and training camp...

Honestly, I had hoped that we would spend this preseason arguing (in a healthy way, of course) about which backcourt combination would work the best between our guards. Unfortunately, it looks like it's back to the Evans at SF argument, same old, same old. Smart is going to have to do quite a bit over the next few weeks to get me back in his good graces. This roster does have some sort of balance - the coaches just refuse to use it logically.
Smart said not to read too much into who started Wednesday.

"I've got about 14 (starting lineups) right now," Smart said. "It's like Sudoku when I look down at that board. But I want to see certain guys play tonight. Like I told the players at shootaround, don't buy into what lineup you see out there. I'm going to put guys on the floor; next game I might start someone else."
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/11/4901256/kings-notes-starting-lineup-looks.html#storylink=cpy