Fire PDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go again screaming your superiority to the world. This "real fan" is utter nonsense. A fan is someone who supports their team in any capacity they wish. Real fan. Please

Dave already said Monta would be a bad move for the Kings. The difference is he's going to wait for some NBA basketball before lining up with pitchforks in front of PDA's house. Who knows, maybe Monta-Cousins becomes the next great duo in the NBA? It's not likely, but can you tell me with 100% certainty it won't be? No

+1 This

I'm fine with disagreement, but I think that's a low blow. I'm upset with the moves being made but we owe CD an enormous debt of gratitude for his part in saving the Kings. Disagree with what he says all you want, but he's a fan like everyone else. I think we can disagree without completely turning on one another.
Thank you for the kind words, but let me step in.

No one owes me anything. Yes, I am a fan like everyone else. Riding in an RV doesn't make me smarter or my opinion more relevant than anyone on this board, even the silly ones.

So let's just be fan and fan, although I appreciate you saying that.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
And we have the benefit of hindsight with each example. This is shoot first, ask questions later at its finest. No need for patience or anything, because that would just make you a sycophant.
So CD, let me ask you very simply:

Do you agree with not matching Tyreke's deal and letting him go to NO for Vasquez?
Did you think Landry was a good signing?
Are you in favor of the team going after Ellis?

I'm fine with disagreement, but I think that's a low blow. I'm upset with the moves being made but we owe CD an enormous debt of gratitude for his part in saving the Kings. Disagree with what he says all you want, but he's a fan like everyone else. I think we can disagree without completely turning on one another.
No. His posts have been extremely condescending, vitriolic and sarcastic to anyone who disagrees with him on here lately. Those same tactics are used in talk radio to spark debate and entertain people. It's just not my thing and not what I come here for. I don't follow Dave that closely but the version of him I see on here isn't the one I had seen before. Maybe I wasn't watching close enough, maybe this is out of character. I don't know.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Grace period....I like that.

We can certainly be upset with the moves and discuss them to no end, but I think Vivek and Co. at least deserves a grace period.
Its a bit like giving your drunk buddy a grace period to sober up as he careens the car you are in toward the ditch. Nice car too. One you love. And its the first time the fool behind the wheel has ever driven it. Or driven any car for that matter.

Do you agree with not matching Tyreke's deal and letting him go to NO for Vasquez?
Did you think Landry was a good signing?
Are you in favor of the team going after Ellis?
1. Incomplete. Let's see the rest of the moves, if any.

2. Same thing. Let's see what happens next.

3. I vomit at the idea of Ellis coming, but these guys know him a hell of a lot better than I do. If it happens I will shudder, but ill wait for the games to be played before I want PDA fired and think Vivek is a cute little short guy who is clueless about basketball.

But that's just me.

Its a bit like giving your drunk buddy a grace period to sober up as he careens the car you are in toward the ditch. Nice car too. One you love. And its the first time the fool behind the wheel has ever driven it. Or driven any car for that matter.
It's nothing like that.

Drinking alcohol will definitely get you more impaired the more you drink. The outcome is assured, and crash odds increase the more you drink. To sit idly by would be inviting tragedy.

The results of these moves are an unknown, as the remaining pieces may have yet to be in place.

C'mon Ivy League.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What I am doing is allowing these guys to try and undo a TWENTY EIGHT WIN TEAM AND THE MOST TOXIC CULTURE IN PERHAPS ALL OF SPORTS. I will give them a slight grace period. .
This is what I take issue with. So far we've gotten rid of one guy. And even if letting Tyreke walk was a prudent basketball decision, which I don't think it was but I understand the counter arguments on that one, it was also a really bad move in terms of karma. This guy has been nothing if not loyal to the franchise. He sacrificed his own performance for the team while other players, not going to name names, have complained loudly when they didn't get theirs. He's been working out in Sacramento since the season ended, showed up for the rally and tweeted his support throughout the entire Seattle ordeal. And he wanted to stay and build his career in Sacramento. If you keep one guy to build your locker room around, this is the guy you keep. The guy who has demonstrated that he is committed to Sacramento. Vivek, Pete, and Mike are all on record as picking DeMarcus Cousins to be the cornerstone of the franchise. From a basketball standpoint I agree with this and I have also defended Cousins after most of the incidents which have given him a bad reputation, but you have to admit that saying you are committed to improving the culture and then picking Cousins as the guy above all others to build your team around is suspect. Making Monta Ellis a key target in the off-season is even more suspect.

No. His posts have been extremely condescending, vitriolic and sarcastic to anyone who disagrees with him on here lately. Those same tactics are used in talk radio to spark debate and entertain people. It's just not my thing and not what I come here for. I don't follow Dave that closely but the version of him I see on here isn't the one I had seen before. Maybe I wasn't watching close enough, maybe this is out of character. I don't know.
No different than many on this board the past few days

Last edited:
Nope. This is 100% me, and always has been. Although I disagree with your assessments, I'm not having a bad day or anything. I just believe some of the rhetoric some posters and moderator of professing is sad and silly. But again, that's just my opinion.

Do you agree with not matching Tyreke's deal and letting him go to NO for Vasquez? Yes

Did you think Landry was a good signing? Yes
Are you in favor of the team going after Ellis?No, but it might not be that bad based on the length of the contract. Also, nothing has been signed.
I know you didn't ask me but I have followed the team pretty for the last couple of years and I think I have a non-biased, educated opinion.

I would also, and quite obviously add, that every phenomenal move filled with foresight was ALSO made by an NBA GM.

What's your point? Some are excellent, some are abysmal. Just because a person holds the position of GM does not mean they're more capable of the job than any number of other people. And yes, that includes some fans. Unless you believe there's a magical cut-off point at which a person mysteriously develops the ability to evaluate talent and put it together.

You're going to give it time. Fair enough. People were calling Kahn an idiot when he was making moves that were clearly stupid, but I suppose Minny fans should have sat back and waited for the inevitable confirmation of the ineptitude before they complained. It's funny, you're coming across extremely arrogant whilst at the same time promoting yourself as the bringer of reason and patience. I doubt you'll be back apologising if the team is stuck in mediocrity in two or three years, unable to trade Landry or Monta (if, God forbid, that actually happens). No doubt you'll also be deeming the moves a success when the team wins 10 more games than the previous season, despite the long term health of the franchise being hugely restricted and essentially doomed to mediocrity.

Quite frankly your argument is extremely weak and I've yet to see you make a compelling argument. It comes down to whether you think the moves put the Kings in a good position to succeed or not. If you don't have any opinion whatsoever on whether they're good moves, then don't get all high and mighty about those that do. Most people are confident enough in their knowledge of the game to form an opinion one way or the other, rightly or wrongly. If you don't, then you're not in a position to label anyone the "worst type of fans". If you do believe they're making good moves, lets hear it, because you haven't stated anything like it.

Not that you'll care, but I'm really disappointed in you here. I follow you on twitter and I applaud your huge efforts in keeping the Kings, but you're way off base here.

Last edited:
im tired of the word patience...patience would need to be said when there are no moves are being made...not when there are bad moves being made..

1. Incomplete. Let's see the rest of the moves, if any.

2. Same thing. Let's see what happens next.

3. I vomit at the idea of Ellis coming, but these guys know him a hell of a lot better than I do. If it happens I will shudder, but ill wait for the games to be played before I want PDA fired and think Vivek is a cute little short guy who is clueless about basketball.

But that's just me.
The signing of Ellis makes losing Evans even more head scratching. Everything the anti-Reke part of the fan base says about him is Ellis x100. Other than Vasquez, the guy we signed (Landry) and supposed to sign (Ellis) doesn't fit the concepts they talked about when PDA and Malone were first hired. They are actually the opposite of what the team needs.

im tired of the word patience...patience would need to be said when there are no moves are being made...not when there are bad moves being made..
And you know this how? By looking into your crystal ball?

As far as I know, PDA and co. don't have a large track record in making good or bad moves. Hence, the whole "be patient" argument.

It's nothing like that.

Drinking alcohol will definitely get you more impaired the more you drink. The outcome is assured, and crash odds increase the more you drink. To sit idly by would be inviting tragedy.

The results of these moves are an unknown, as the remaining pieces may have yet to be in place.

C'mon Ivy League.
Don't forget for every lawyer that wins a case there is a lawyer that loses one.

Nope. This is 100% me, and always has been. Although I disagree with your assessments, I'm not having a bad day or anything. I just believe some of the rhetoric some posters and moderator of professing is sad and silly. But again, that's just my opinion.
Good to know. And yes there is a lot of terrible rhetoric from people on here that is sad and silly. And in my opinion you are just another one of the posters contributing to it.

It's nothing like that.

C'mon Ivy League.
The result of these moves are an odds based thing as well. In my opinion, these last 3 moves have dramatically increased the odds of this team not being able to compete for a title in the next 4 years. Yeah the outcome may be unknown, but like all statistics you can look at past events and get a pretty good idea about the chances of them working in the future. Looking at past events like this, the teams that have made the moves have almost always regretted them in the long run.

K

Kingsguy881

The storm is coming! Before we know if it hits our city or not, lets all jump to our deaths!

He's intensely loyal to the new owners and wants the arena filled and rocking for a host of reasons. He's upset with the tone and certainty of Brick but responds in the same fashion. Before Ellis pursuit I agreed with his thesis but Im doublful now. I like Dave but he should spend his time working on his busted show.

He's intensely loyal to the new owners and wants the arena filled and rocking for a host of reasons. He's upset with the tone and certainty of Brick but responds in the same fashion. Before Ellis pursuit I agreed with his thesis but Im doublful now. I like Dave but he should spend his time working on his busted show.
Lol. Larry, if anything I've done a poor job of illustrating that I DON'T KNOW. I really don't! No clue. I'm simply choosing to give these guys some room and time to work. That's all. Not going to hang them until the defense rests. Not just the prosecution. Doesn't that make any sense at all?

Damn straight I want the arena rocking. Only way to make that happen? Wins. And on that, we can all agree.

We. All. Want. Wins.

And thanks for listening! Believe it or not, this gives me material for my "busted show"

Lol. Larry, if anything I've done a poor job of illustrating that I DON'T KNOW. I really don't! No clue. I'm simply choosing to give these guys some room and time to work. That's all. Not going to hang them until the defense rests. Not just the prosecution. Doesn't that make any sense at all?

Damn straight I want the arena rocking. Only way to make that happen? Wins. And on that, we can all agree.

We. All. Want. Wins.

And thanks for listening! Believe it or not, this gives me material for my "busted show"
*Ahem* The dollar beer night is the other way to make Arco rock!

Busted show? That's a little low, don't you think? They have worked together for what 1 SHOW??? Come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.