Kings pull offer to Iguodala (split)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, considering he was interested in coming to Sac, and we offered 4M more than GS, you have to think he was going to accept our offer right?
I think its just about personality fit. In his interviews he's really a team guy who doesn't like losing. Maybe its just not his personality to want to be 'the man' on a rebuilding team, but rather be a cog in a contending team.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Denver offered Andre Iguodala a 4-year, $52M deal -- as well as 5-year scenarios -- before he accepted Warriors deal, sources tell Y!

maybe PDA underestimated that fact that FA don't want to come here. now he will be in panic mode.
i wouldnt jump to that conclusion.

none of us have any idea what the FO has planned right now.

IF there plan was to make the Tyreke deal and then use the cap space it created to sign Iggy, then yes they might panic a little
BUT if they new Iggy wasnt coming here and they have another plan or something worked out with that cap space, they probably didnt bat an eyelash today at the news of the Iggy signing

slimy move by Iggy, but I guess that's just business right?

That's why it took him oh so long to make a decision because suddenly someone offered him a contract no other team would offer, which he didn't expect, but no way was he playing in Sac.

Damn.... the Warriors have done a great job at rebuilding. Back when they first signed David Lee I thought for sure all they did was guarantee years of barely making the playoffs and first round exits...

Curry
Thompson
Iggy/Barnes
Lee
Bogut

Is a young and talented lineup. They don't look very deep bench wise but the warriors seem to find a way to make their role players play to the top of their abilities. I wonder if this makes Barnes available.
oh they're clearing space for Dwight. Getting Iggy is definitely going to entice Dwight to come.

Lakers are not in it. It's between the Warriors and Rockets at this point.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So... ummm... it pains me to even type this but you don't suppose Vivek got a call from his old buddies in Golden State and they politely asked that we not sign away their #1 target for the off-season as a courtesy for them letting us steal Mike Malone? Is that why the contract got pulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.