2013 Kingsfans Mock Draft sign-ups

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is like our popular desert island drafts but with a difference: You'll be drafting players for whichever NBA team you get in a random match. We'll have a sign up ... first 27 (three teams have no draft picks this year) ... and then we'll have a randomized assignment of a team to each participant. Once the assignment is made, you'll make the drafts for the team you've been assigned.

You'll make your pick based on the actual draft order being used by the NBA. When you post your pick, be sure to include your rationale on why the team is making the pick.

Sound interesting? Then sign up. In the event we do not get 27 participants, we can consider allowing people to draft for more than one team.

1. Mass
2. rainmaker
3. Vlade4GM
4. allrightythen
5. Darth Divac
6. Chupacabra
7. matthew76
8. Capt. Factorial
9. King In England
10. R2D2
11. Dime Dropper
12. lwc
13. bajaden
14. Vitamin K
15. KingsCitizen
16. SacKings7
17. MANoICE
18. imabored
19. Bosnian Diehard

I'm sure questions may arise, but I wanted to get the sign-up list out ASAP. Let's make this fun!

Here are the team assignments for each participant:

1. Mass - New Orleans Pelicans (6) & New York Knicks (24)
2. rainmaker- Houston Rockets (34) & Orlando Magic (2, 51)
3. Vlade4GM -Brooklyn Nets (22) & Chicago Bulls (20, 49)
4. allrightythen - Charlotte Bobcats (4) & Indiana Pacers (23, 53)
5. Darth Divac - Boston Celtics (16) & San Antonio Spurs (28,58)
6. Chupacabra - Memphis Grizzlies (41, 55, 60)
7. matthew76 - Washington Wizards (3, 38, 54)
8. Capt. Factorial - minnesota Timberwolves (9, 26, 52, 59)
9. King In England - Dallas Mavericks (11,44) & LA Lakers (48)
10. R2D2 - Phoenix Suns (5, 30, 57)
11. Dime Dropper - Portland Trailblazers (10, 39, 40, 45)
12. lwc - LA Clippers (25) & Sacramento Kings (7, 36)
13. bajaden - Philadelphia 76ers (11, 35, 42)
14. Vitamin K - Utah Jazz (14, 21, 46)
15. KingsCitizen - Cleveland Cavaliers (1, 19, 32, 33)
16. SacKings7 - Oklahoma City Thunder (12, 29, 32)
17. MANoICE - Detroit Pistons (8, 37, 56)
18. imabored - Atlanta Hawks (17, 18, 47, 50)
19. Bosnian Diehard -Denver Nuggets (27) & MIlwaukee Bucks (15, 43)

Last edited:
Me. I LOVE mock drafts, and as for qualifications, I let my various summaries in the prospects section speak for themselves. :p

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I will mock.

Are we doing first and second, or just first round?

I believe there may be a team or two with no picks this year - and definitely a few with no first-rounders - so we may want to figure out where the cutoff is...it's below 30 drafters either way.

I would love to join if possible.

I might need to know a little more about time/date though as I obviously live in England, timezone prolems and all that.

You need not worry. Timezone is not a problem as long as you check the thread in a timely manner and not keep others waiting for days...

Oh - and kindly count me in too.

You need not worry. Timezone is not a problem as long as you check the thread in a timely manner and not keep others waiting for days...

Oh - and kindly count me in too.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I check in with this site multiple times daily anyway.

Im looking forward to this now!

Luckily for you, we've got a Prospects forum that has a lot of info and we've got a series of scouting reports being posted. You're in. :)
I've been following the scouting reports but I didn't realize there was a whole forum just for prospects. I can do all my draft day shopping in one spot, the service here is impeccable. I guess I really have no excuses now:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I will mock.

Are we doing first and second, or just first round?

I believe there may be a team or two with no picks this year - and definitely a few with no first-rounders - so we may want to figure out where the cutoff is...it's below 30 drafters either way.
Three teams aren't drafting this year. In addition, there's at least one team that only has second round picks. I'm looking at a couple of alternatives, based on what some other boards are doing. I just wanted to get the signups rolling as we're going to be cutting it close. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are 4 teams with 4 picks, 7 teams with 3 picks, 7 teams with 2 picks, 9 teams with 1 pick and 3 teams with no picks. Depending on how many people sign up to participate, we have a couple of options on how to handle the disparity:

If we get 18 participants, I can do some combining ahead of time so that each person gets at least three picks in the draft.

If we get between 19 and 26 participants, the combinations will result in each person getting at least two picks in the draft.

If we get 27 participants, no problem. Everyone picks subject to the randomizer assignment of team to person.

Comments?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We currently have 19 participants so there will be some doubling up before the random assignments. Check back tomorrow to find out what teams you'll be drafting for. :)