Pre-draft workout schedules (merged)

Very good, need to get a look at as many of these guys as possible. I'm not sure Burke is our guy, but I do like him. Just not crazy about him like some are. But it's good to see that there was nothing in that Jones tweet earlier (shock horror!). Interesting that he's not working out with anyone else, at least as of yet. Wonder if that's his agents call or if we want to get him in alone, like we did with Lillard, who really impressed in his workout last year.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Yeah, we kind of need a GM, and soon.

I don't want Petrie working out prospects, nor do I want prospects backing out because they know Petrie isn't the one who'll be picking.

If Wallace is going to be the GM, I'd really prefer Geoff to workout prospects and make the pick... That's unlikely, however. I don't think he'll be making the pick. I know he won't be there in the future, but he's a good drafter for the most part (I'm discounting the Jimmer pick as it was the Maloofs doing). Wallace may reach on a defensive player, and Noel/Oladipo are the only two worthy of being taken at 7. I'd prefer just take the BPA in such a case (who that is, is another argument).

I'm pretty confident if Geoff were to make the pick, he wouldn't make the same mistake as last year. But I digress, it's not going to happen.

My sentiments that they draft MCW is based on the fact that I assume Burke won't be around at 7. If he is, I'd be stoked! Just don't think that's going to happen. At best, if available still at 6, I'm afraid Phoenix will take him.

My sentiments that they draft MCW is based on the fact that I assume Burke won't be around at 7. If he is, I'd be stoked! Just don't think that's going to happen. At best, if available still at 6, I'm afraid Phoenix will take him.
Phoenix has a PG though in Goran Dragic. If they were giving up on Dragic then I would be more than happy to have on the Kings.

Kings working out Michael Carter-Williams, C.J. McCollum and Peyton Siva tomorrow

Kings are bringing in a lot of guards tomorrow: Michael Carter-Williams, C.J. McCollum and Peyton Siva have tweeted so far.

THAT should be a good one. MCW and CJ are the only two guards in this draft that I'd be ok with at 7. Just not a fan of Burke, although I respect the opinions of a lot of people who are.

gunks

Hall of Famer
MCW would be an interesting gamble. He'd work better with a shooter at SG (as apposed to Reke)....But then again, you have to either really believe in MCW, or think that Tyreke is going to be bailing.

Or maybe we finally get a 3 that can shoot the 3.

MCW would be an interesting gamble. He'd work better with a shooter at SG (as apposed to Reke)....But then again, you have to either really believe in MCW, or think that Tyreke is going to be bailing.

Or maybe we finally get a 3 that can shoot the 3.
I think if you like MCW at #7, you have to believe he'll figure out the shooting thing. If I didn't think he could do it I wouldn't be interested. And with that assumption that he does become a respectable shooter, I love the fit next to Evans.

I think if you like MCW at #7, you have to believe he'll figure out the shooting thing. If I didn't think he could do it I wouldn't be interested. And with that assumption that he does become a respectable shooter, I love the fit next to Evans.
do we really need another guard who is a "project" when it comes to jumpshooting?

i think we need a PG who can shoot and a SF who can shoot, like Danny Granger.....
or IF Tyreke gets a shot to go back to the PG spot, we need a SF like Granger, and Marcus Thornton can play the 2 and see how that works

do we really need another guard who is a "project" when it comes to jumpshooting?

i think we need a PG who can shoot and a SF who can shoot, like Danny Granger.....
or IF Tyreke gets a shot to go back to the PG spot, we need a SF like Granger, and Marcus Thornton can play the 2 and see how that works
We are not going to be able to fix everything in one offseason. I look at it all compared to what we already have.

If we get Thomas out of the starting lineup for MCW we lose scoring / shooting but we gain passing, defense, size, and more touches for Evans and Cousins. I think drafting MCW and signing Dorell Wright would be a competent offseason plan. Not really my first choice, but I would be cautiously optimistic. Would still rather have Len or Adams.

Would I rather have Danny Granger? obviously. Not sure it is realistic, though. MCW / Wright feels very realistic.

Really nice to see Michael Malone being involved in the workout. Maybe he can be our starting SF!

Also noticed a BOBBY SIGHTING! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Siva fall to the 2nd round? His leadership is outstanding, he always gives full effort and is a very good passer. I think he could be a good bench PG in a lineup with Thornton. Understandably he is NBA short and can't shoot so I understand the case against him.

Heck, I was more impressed by Malone running and playing defense. I definitely did not expect that out of our coach, but it is a beautiful sight to see! As always these videos only show a glimpse so it is tough to gauge any player. We all know he can score.