• Heat in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lebron just fouled out for the first time since June 3rd of last year, according to TNT. Almost 12 months w/o collecting 6 fouls in a game.

Let it mean to you what it will.

think the nba will fix this so a big market team will make it to the finals to help w/ ratings
I hope you are not serious, because NBA is not into such devious "fix." Most importantly, it would not make much if any TV rating sense and here's why. Indiana is one of if not the most basketball crazy states (not just city, but state) in entire nation. The population of Indiana is around 6.5 M and they are very into their Pacers a much older pro basketball franchise than Heat. Miami metro has population about 5.5 M - plus nowhere near as basketball fanatical as Indiana. While population of Florida is 4th largest in U.S. at slightly over 19 M, the Sunshine State actually has three divided NBA loyalties. South Florida (mainly Miami metro) is naturally Heat territory, middle Florida is all about Orlando Magic with probably larger fan base to include not only Orlando but Tampa/St. Petersburg, with wide swatch of Central Florida I-4 corridor extending all the way to other coast (Atlantic). The bizarre third distinct fan base occurs all along the Red Neck Riviera in panhandle plus Georgia border area where those Floridians have traditionally rooted for Atlanta Hawks to include Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, etc.

Last edited:
think the nba will fix this so a big market team will make it to the finals to help w/ ratings
after this game you come with conspiracy theories?!? after Miami had these two *huge* calls going against them in the end? LeBron's sixth is basically never getting called and the travel against Wade wasn't a travel. Indiana is probably winning this game anyway, but still, I'd have thought these calls might have prevented conspiracy talk.

after this game you come with conspiracy theories?!? after Miami had these two *huge* calls going against them in the end? LeBron's sixth is basically never getting called and the travel against Wade wasn't a travel. Indiana is probably winning this game anyway, but still, I'd have thought these calls might have prevented conspiracy talk.
The Refs are trying their best to give it to Miami after all the BS calls earlier(the shot clock in 3rd) and no call on all the cheap shot Miami sent.
Then Kerr and company calling them out the game start to become fair.

The LeFlop's sixth he clearly step onto one of the Pacer.
Wade was a travel.

lol what? theres still 3 games to be milked. as much as i hate miami, i think the nba will fix it so they get to the finals. more lebron/wade fans than indiana fans out there = more ratings.

The Refs are trying their best to give it to Miami after all the BS calls earlier(the shot clock in 3rd) and no call on all the cheap shot Miami sent.
Then Kerr and company calling them out the game start to become fair.

The LeFlop's sixth he clearly step onto one of the Pacer.
Wade was a travel.
the point isn't that the calls were incorrect (although I still don't see the Wade travel), the point is that, if there were any conspiracy, those calls wouldn't be made. yet, they were, in Indy's favour. so let's all just stop complaining about stuff being fixed that noise is distracting from the awesome series unfolding here and I'd much rather focus on that.+

lol what? theres still 3 games to be milked. as much as i hate miami, i think the nba will fix it so they get to the finals. more lebron/wade fans than indiana fans out there = more ratings.
good grief. oh well, you see what you see, I'll be over here watching basketball.

I hope you are not serious, because NBA is not into such devious "fix." Most importantly, it would not make much if any TV rating sense and here's why. Indiana is one of if not the most basketball crazy states (not just city, but state) in entire nation. The population of Indiana is around 6.5 M and they are very into their Pacers a much older pro basketball franchise than Heat. Miami metro has population about 5.5 M - plus nowhere near as basketball fanatical as Indiana. While population of Florida is 4th largest in U.S. at slightly over 19 M, the Sunshine State actually has three divided NBA loyalties. South Florida (mainly Miami metro) is naturally Heat territory, middle Florida is all about Orlando Magic with probably larger fan base to include not only Orlando but Tampa/St. Petersburg, with wide swatch of Central Florida I-4 corridor extending all the way to other coast (Atlantic). The bizarre third distinct fan base occurs all along the Red Neck Riviera in panhandle plus Georgia border area where those Floridians have traditionally rooted for Atlanta Hawks to include Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, etc.
doesn't matter about indiana having more people. there are plenty of lebron james fans out there to negate the population of indiana. i firmly believe this series will be fixed and miami will head to the finals to "defend" their title. the nba always has story lines in place.

the point isn't that the calls were incorrect (although I still don't see the Wade travel), the point is that, if there were any conspiracy, those calls wouldn't be made. yet, they were, in Indy's favour. so let's all just stop complaining about stuff being fixed that noise is distracting from the awesome series unfolding here and I'd much rather focus on that.
People call it "fix" because all the BS Heats can get away with and Heats knew it, you can tell by how they flop, push and flying elbow. You can call it conspiracy, fix, "superteam" call or whatever.

The call went Indy way right after Kerr and company call them out on the side, and after the commerial they try to twist it by saying the shot clock is at a nertual site wtf is that?

People call it "fix" because all the BS Heats can get away with and Heats knew it, you can tell by how they flop, push and flying elbow. You can call it conspiracy, fix, "superteam" call or whatever.

The call went Indy way right after Kerr and company call them out on the side, and after the commerial they try to twist it by saying the shot clock is at a nertual site wtf is that?
the actual truth? also, if you think that Joey Crawford of all people will be influenced by a broadcast he can't even hear...I mean...seriously?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody want to hazard a guess on whether or not Birdman sits out game 6? I know I generally preach against bashing officials but this series has been a joke. Incredible play on the court marred by reprehensible calls and non-calls ... and an almost tangible Heat bias.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Anybody want to hazard a guess on whether or not Birdman sits out game 6? I know I generally preach against bashing officials but this series has been a joke. Incredible play on the court marred by reprehensible calls and non-calls ... and an almost tangible Heat bias.
I suspect you're right bu the sad thing is it will be more because it was Anderson than what he did. If Battie or Haslam did it they would leave it at as is, for what ever reason the zebras are just letting those two get away with murder in the play offs.

Birdman will be playing in game 6, if Dfake can get away with the elbow then Birdman can get away with it.

And during the Leflop 3rd run, pretty much every time he drive he put up his elbow.

BTW, the officiating bias in this series towards Miami has been ridiculous. if i were a Pacer fan i would have probably broken everything in my house in a fit of rage by now

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I feel the Pacer pain...and get no joy from the knowledge that there is now another team in the NBA that knows how it feels to be taken completely out of a game against a league favorite by pathetic officiating.

I feel the Pacer pain...and get no joy from the knowledge that there is now another team in the NBA that knows how it feels to be taken completely out of a game against a league favorite by pathetic officiating.
yea, poor Indiana. they deserve this series, they should be up 3-1 right now if Hibbert wasnt benched at the end of game 1......

but everytime the game gets close the officials step in

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
y am i not surprised by the officiating?? nba fixing this series so miami can "defend" it's title.
I refuse to buy into that theory. I will subscribe, however, to "the stars get all the calls." We saw it against the Lakers and the Pacers are seeing it now.