And the answer is... WE WIN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansen:

"While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today’s relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings."
Just read this.... he has to be delusional.

I'm guessing that Vancouver and San Diego are vying for the 32nd franchise assuming they really do go with expansion.
If true, and if/when it becomes official that the Kings are locked into Sacramento for 35 years, I have a hard time believing that the NBA would want to see a 5th team in California over a 2nd team in Canada or a 1st team some place else.

Hansen:

"While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today’s relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings."

You beat me to it. Nice job! just heard it !!!

They have no intention of giving up without a fight. If they're successful, which is possible, have they any way of stopping the arena being built? I'm assuming that once the arena is done, they'll have no chance of moving the team.

If true, and if/when it becomes official that the Kings are locked into Sacramento for 35 years, I have a hard time believing that the NBA would want to see a 5th team in California over a 2nd team in Canada or a 1st team some place else.
while the sentiment is likely true, as always, it will be about arena deals and public/private partnerships. if the league intends to add two more teams by way of expansion, the first will be seattle, and the second will be whoever comes up with a suitable arena plan first...

They have no intention of giving up without a fight. If they're successful, which is possible, have they any way of stopping the arena being built? I'm assuming that once the arena is done, they'll have no chance of moving the team.
the sacramento arena deal was negotiated with vivek/mastrov/burkle and co., not with the maloofs, so there is no arena deal if the maloofs retain ownership of the team, which is why david stern will not-so-politely suggest that the maloofs sell to the sac group ASAP. i mean, i suppose the arena deal could be renegotiated on behalf of the maloofs, but there isn't a sane individual with knowledge of the situation who believes that the maloofs would negotiate yet another arena deal with the city of sacramento in good faith...

He's been hanging out with the Maloofs too much
There are actually some good choices if he wants to be a limited partner somewhere:

1. Buy Vivek's share of the Warriors
2. Vivek can buy the Maloof's 51% and he can buy the other 14% from whats-his-name and the 7% from bankrupcy court

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are actually some good choices if he wants to be a limited partner somewhere:

1. Buy Vivek's share of the Warriors
2. Vivek can buy the Maloof's 51% and he can buy the other 14% from whats-his-name and the 7% from bankrupcy court
Vivek's offer is for the 65% share. He's not going to let someone cut in on that.

Hansen:

Again, this does nothing but impugne his character - just a public attempt to wish to pull a Clay Bennett in the Sacramento market - ruining any reasoning to feel sorry for what Seattle went through

Anaheim is part of the Laker territory but San Diego isn't. The distance from SD to LA is farther than SF to Sacramento. Completely different market. I'm guessing that Vancouver and San Diego are vying for the 32nd franchise assuming they really do go with expansion.
I am excited if they do add BOTH markets.To me, it is only fair that all big cities on west coast have teams. But I dont think SD will get one. Just my personal opinion. I am just glad Sacramento gets to keep their team. Now I am looking to see what Seatle is going to do now. They should have a team along with Vancouver and San Diego.

I am excited if they do add BOTH markets.To me, it is only fair that all big cities on west coast have teams. But I dont think SD will get one. Just my personal opinion. I am just glad Sacramento gets to keep their team. Now I am looking to see what Seatle is going to do now. They should have a team along with Vancouver and San Diego.
Move the Clips to SD instead ;)

Hansen:

Wow.

Do they actually believe that anybody else believes that they have any interest in buying into the team other than still trying to relocate it? Unbelievable.

"Sure, despite the fact that you just put on a 48 minute full court press in an attempt to steal and relocate the team, we fully believe that you've changed your priorities and just want to purchase a minority ownership stake in the team and keep it in Sacramento."

Sincerely,

A Lemming

Oh my God, so proud of my hometown...

Listening to Grant broadcasting from Firehouse pub, having KJ on the phone... as the interview wraps up... crowd in the background chanting "THANK YOU KJ... clap clap clapclapclap... THANK YOU KJ..."

And Grant gives time to let the crowd be heard...

I'm sitting here getting misty in a computer lab at my university...

And, to clarify about the escrow issue:

200 mil +/-, is 100% of what Maloofs will receive, and that is in escrow. Vivek group will absorb debt to NBA (and some of arena debt?).

Here we go.....

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 1m

SOURCES: Maloof-Vivek sale very close. Lots of work left but on serious fast track. Maloofs very aggressive. Foundation already set.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
while the sentiment is likely true, as always, it will be about arena deals and public/private partnerships. if the league intends to add two more teams by way of expansion, the first will be seattle, and the second will be whoever comes up with a suitable arena plan first...
San Diego would also have an advantage with the Jacobs family already being a vetted part of the Kings ownership group.

I am bit confused about one thing, according to a bay area radio station, the City of Sacramento had excess funds from the parking revenue and they already put that in escrow towards the new arena ?

Status
Not open for further replies.